Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Barker, please do not send me anymore spam
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Deer Barker, please do not send me anymore spam

Oct 23, 2012, 1:06 PM

Agree or disagree with the situation, it is not your job to lecture a fan base inserting your own personal opinion on what and when people should exercise their rights. Im am sure there are plenty of other pressing issues to occupy your office. I happen to agree that it was kinda silly for the booing at that momment (I am not an Obama supporter BTW, far from it) but it is neither your place or mine to lecture people on when and where they can use their rights. Actually, by even acknowledging it you have just perpuated an issue that had started to die out, and have actually given the people you are lecturing a higher platform and allowed it to reach more people than maybe even knew about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't know Barker was on TNET...

Oct 23, 2012, 1:08 PM

I bet he is a rabid JBOD poster.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't know Barker was on TNET...

Oct 23, 2012, 1:09 PM

Our University President is not a Deer

Re: Didn't know Barker was on TNET...

Oct 23, 2012, 1:12 PM

We should all take a momment to consider that.

Disagree.

Oct 23, 2012, 1:10 PM

Not a darn thing wrong with the President of our University asking people to represent Clemson with class.

Re: nothing wrong with asking

Oct 23, 2012, 1:11 PM

but if you look at some who come in here you see how futile it is. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer Barker, please do not send me anymore spam

Oct 23, 2012, 1:14 PM

You sir are an embarrassment.

for what, I disagreed with the booing, I just happen to also

Oct 23, 2012, 1:17 PM

think it isnt Barkers place to get involved

I disagree

Oct 23, 2012, 1:20 PM

It is absolutely his job to comment on a situation which reflects on the University as a whole. That is especially true when not just individuals, but the press are contacting him regarding what happened.

Mr. Barker did not harangue, he did not brow beat, he did not lecture or make demands or threats. He did not lose his temper or wave his hands wildly. He didn't attempt to assert his opinion on "what and when people should exercise their rights" - however he did call out those people for their poor behavior and choice of venue. There is a difference between exercising rights and exercising respect.

He addressed the situation succinctly and maturely and asked the fan base to consider how their actions have an impact not just on the school but on the wider community as a whole. I don't see that as lecturing at all.

how do you know the press is contacting him?

Oct 23, 2012, 1:26 PM

just curious

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: how do you know the press is contacting him?

Oct 23, 2012, 1:36 PM

I don't, so I apologize for that. When I was writing my post I inadvertantly merged in my head two separate stories - Barker's letter and a newspaper article from Sunday. So that is my bad.

Re: how do you know the press is contacting him?

Oct 23, 2012, 1:39 PM

no problem

Go Tigers

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

It shouldn't just "die out". It needs to be made clear that

Oct 23, 2012, 1:22 PM

it was classless and reflected poorly on Clemson.

If someone had told me that Clemson folks would BOO during a military induction ceremony, I would have told them they were crazy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look I agree it was classless but talking about it and

Oct 23, 2012, 1:42 PM

bringing it to the fore front is exactly the kind of reaction and rise the people who booed were hoping for. The mentality of these people think it was funny and probably couldnt wait to hear it talked about. It is clear to anyone with class that it is was wrong, but do you really think that by talking about it is going to guilt those who did it, no its going to give them exactly what they were hoping for a stage and a platform and the spot light on them. Sometimes IMO its just better to just let things slide and let those who want to do such things be exposed for what they are, knowing that the person next to you and the majority of people have the same thought of you that it was wrong. Lets not give a person like this a moment of our time and thought cause its not worth it.

Re: Look I agree it was classless but talking about it and

Oct 23, 2012, 1:50 PM

Those of us who respect the office of The President, if we remain silent, might be thought of as having attitudes similar to those who booed.Remember how thousands remained silent in Germany during WWII. Not equating the booing with that, but just making a point

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They weren't hoping for anything...

Oct 23, 2012, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Look I agree it was classless but talking about it and ]

They heard "promise to obey the President" and automatically booed. They should have had enough sense to realize it was a military induction ceremony and they needed to keep their opinions about the President to themselves for those 10 seconds.

They were just giving a knee-jerk reaction without applying any thought to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of the military cant stand Obama, so I doubt they cared***

Oct 23, 2012, 4:25 PM [ in reply to It shouldn't just "die out". It needs to be made clear that ]

Almost like the football board

Oct 23, 2012, 1:22 PM

not being a place to assert political BS.

Own less, do more.

I like spam...

Oct 23, 2012, 4:22 PM

especially when fried.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic