Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,839

New Story: Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays

Sep 24, 2015, 11:02 AM

Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays

Following Clemson’s 20-17 win over Louisville last Thursday, quarterback Deshaun Watson was the subject of speculation with Clemson who wondered: Is something wrong with the sophomore signal caller? The answer is no.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays

Sep 24, 2015, 11:09 AM

Methinks....

The coaches will let DW go beast mode next Saturday!

The playbook is finally opened up from vanilla to chocolate syrup, nuts and whipped cream added!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We just need to top that off with ND's busted cherry.***

Sep 24, 2015, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why Clemson will beat ND N beat them badRe: We just need to top that off with ND's busted cherry.***

Sep 24, 2015, 11:53 AM

ND is coming n2 a hostile environment late night game primetime under the lights D.W will go off Clemson offense will be the best its been all year ND haven't seen a offense that can put up the number that Clemson is capable of putting up. N let me not forget to mention that young defense that hasn't gave up much at all this season it will be to much for ND to come down to DV n pull the win out I think Clemson dominant Final Score Clemson #4teamplayoffnationalchamps 42-17

Not sure exactly why we'd think the coaches would "hide"

Sep 24, 2015, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays ]

stuff from the playbook in a crucial down-to-the-wire road game at Louisville.

I believe the entire playbook was available, but the coaches saw what Louisville would give us and what they would not and we took what they made available.

Maybe this week they let Deshaun run on the read option occasionally. Maybe we see the jet sweep more. Who knows? But, all that was available last week. We just chose to rely on Gallman instead.

I don't have much belief in the thought that we haven't seen pretty much the whole playbook during the games that Watson has started over the past couple of years.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ THIS ^^^

Sep 24, 2015, 2:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo!!!!***

Sep 24, 2015, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Not sure exactly why we'd think the coaches would "hide" ]

Sep 24, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays ]

First of all, this whole concept of a QB (any of them) completing a 5 yd dump pass and the receiver gaining 65 yes AFTER the catch but with QB getting credit for 70 yd pass play is ridiculous.

I say this because we use bubble screens and dump passes all the time. Ok, that's the way it is, fine. It's still ridiculous.

Plus, how can both the receiver and QB get credit for the same yardage?! Lately this has gotten to be aa real burr in my saddle!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2015, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays ]

First of all, this whole concept of a QB (any of them) completing a 5 yd dump pass and the receiver gaining 65 yds AFTER the catch but with QB getting credit for 70 yd pass play is ridiculous.

I say this because we use bubble screens and dump passes all the time. Ok, that's the way it is, fine. It's still ridiculous.

Plus, how can both the receiver and QB get credit for the same yardage?! Lately this has gotten to be a real burr in my saddle!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2015, 1:00 PM

It just seemed that the few missed throws were uncharacteristic of Watson. The real concern I have was the inability on most drives to put together enough successful plays to take it into the end zone. Stalling on most of the drives early in the season often leads to the same throughout...that is my concern...overlooking problems in play calling or otherwise that put the team into a mindset of not losing games rather than winning convincingly. Let's face it, if the kicker would have made that short field goal at the end, it would have put Louisville into overtime with us.

Watson was having an off day against Louisville last year

Sep 24, 2015, 1:04 PM

before he got hurt.

He'd already thrown a pick and we were struggling on offense.

Maybe Louisville is a team that has our number to a certain degree.

Fortunately, they haven't had enough of our number to pull off the win either year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2015, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays ]

Its ok,,,,,,,,,,,, a 1 point win is a good as 20... ask Bama, Auburn, USC and others........the sky isn't falling because a 19 year old quarterback misses a few throws. ITs going to be ok.. I promise..

Sep 24, 2015, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays ]

Dude,...relax! We are only 3 games in and the Louisville game is the only one Watson played the entire game. There is no trend of stalled drives.

Disagree - I see Dabo's teams improving over year like last

Sep 24, 2015, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays ]

year - glad for time-off so they can be coached up for N.D. game!

NOBODY is perfect but Watson is good as they come. Go

Sep 24, 2015, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson says adversity won't change the way he plays ]

Deshaun and go Tigers!

First time not playing with smile on face - short turn-aroun

Sep 24, 2015, 5:50 PM

around hopefully? Or because O-line is not giving him protection he is used to? Whatever, I expect all this will lead to victorious turn-around vs. N.D.

Sep 24, 2015, 6:02 PM

My only concern is that he said in interview that taking hits on knee wasn't "as bad at Luisville as it was against App. State". I'm thinking he's talking about the mental aspect of it?

What's happening with Albert Huggins?

Sep 24, 2015, 9:28 PM

What's happening with Albert Huggins? Back in the spring, he was gonna be a great impact player as a freshman. Haven't heard his name this fall.

Sep 24, 2015, 9:29 PM

I saw the second half, and I thought the play of DW was one of the key reasons Clemson won the game. Louisvilles defense is tough, and they were fired up for numerous reasons. Remember, DW only played in 5 games last year, and hasnt faced many top defenses yet. When you play against a good defense, it isnt easy sauce anymore...I think DW has shown good composure and done well against the better defenses he has faced thus far... Against FSU last year I think Clemson only put up 17 pts with DW at the helm, but he rlly helped Clemson into a position where they prob should have won that game if they didnt have a couple costly miscues that he had no part in...Against Louisville last year he got knocked out of the game, this year he hung in there and was one of the big difference makers for Clemson...I only remember seeing 1 interception,(maybe the other was in first half), but the one I saw he layed it up there for the receiver to make a play on it, but the defender made a better play on the ball and swiped it...it wasnt a bad throw, maybe a bit risky, but not bad to take a shot downfield every so often and give your receiver a chance to go get it...sometimes its as good as a punt...others it can cost u lol...gotta pick ur spots based on how the game is going.

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,839
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic