»
Topic: Directions from Charlotte
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 14, 2018 10:36 AM by: Judge Keller®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Directions from Charlotte

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 9:26 AM

Making a last second drive to the spring game and taking my wife for the first time. Any suggestions for the route? Going through Greenville I guess but any help would be appreciated. Have been to the natty but not clemson in several years. Parking suggestions might be helpful too. Day trip and may stay around Greenville overnight.

Thanks!

I would stay on I-85 to the Pelzer exit(Hwy 8), go north to

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 9:30 AM

Pendleton.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Directions from Charlotte

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 9:31 AM

I'd just go 85 to exit 19. Not sure what lots are open but could easily park downtown and walk around before heading to stadium. There's a garage behind Moe's and Chipotle.

Be sure to go to downtown Greenville after game. Park in garage under Embassy Suites. Easy walk to Falls Park, restaurants, etc. Parking is free for first hour and not bad after that. You do not have to be a guest of hotel to park there.

Take hwy 123 from Clemson straight to downtown Greenville.

Use Waze

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 9:48 AM

Waze has real-time traffic info and optimizes your route. Both suggestions so far are solid. Hwy 8 through Pelzer to Pendleton is usually the best, but with this just being the Spring game and a 2:30 start, I suspect 85 to exit 19 will be wide open as well.

The real question will be where you should park in order to get out of Clemson once the stadium empties.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I second the Waze recommendation.

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 10:36 AM

Real time updates on the best route, including accidents, cars stopped on shoulder, police, etc.

2020 white level member

Brad Brownell: all-time winningest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

Replies: 4  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
799 people have read this post