Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Differences between this year & Cole Stoudt started...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,564

Differences between this year & Cole Stoudt started...

Aug 26, 2017, 5:46 PM

Cole Stoudt was terrible (Sorry Quozzel, u still da man tho) , Kelly Bryant is not

Our offensive line is way better this year. We are no longer just a finesse team. We still need to be creative in the run & pass game (Cough **option** Cough) but typically when it comes time to run the ball we will be able to imo.

Statistically our defenses may be a wash, but this year's team has more specimens on it. This year's D has the potential to make teams no want to play football anymore.

That's why Auburn is the only team that really concerns me. IMO, to beat us this year you will have to jump on us early, then be able to sustain the grind our team is going to put on you throughout the game. Venables will figure you out, & midway through the 3rd quarter it will become very tiresome trying to chase Kelly Bryant around after our D keeps giving our O the ball back quickly.

I don't think Louisville, FSU, or NC State can block us & I think our O line & athletes & depth at WR, RB, & QB can expose the lack of depth for those teams.

Va Tech is a little concerning because they are a tough minded team & the have a good coach & DC, but I'm not sure their QB is good enough against our D.

Really looking forward to the Auburn game, they have a good team with a real good QB, but as long as they don't jump on us too much I think we wear them down & win something like 31-24, 27-24, 24-21

#CantWait

Go Tigers!

???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Differences between this year & the year Cole Stoudt started***

Aug 26, 2017, 5:48 PM

nm

Go Tigers!

???

Re: Differences between this year & Cole Stoudt started...

Aug 26, 2017, 5:59 PM

Actually agree w/ most. I still say Stoudt was a good QB with terrible career timing who found himself a Deshaun Watson breathing down his neck, an OC who really wanted to play Watson, and who got hurt into the bargain, but yeah, he put up some stinkers, so hey, you are what you do, I guess. Still think he could have been at least a better version of Cullen Harper under other circumstances. He was more talented than Harper.

Auburn does concern me as well. They could be salty this year. Thing is, they're just OK in the front seven without Mont Adams and Carl Lawson and that downgrade in the DL will, I think, cost them. Also: Kevin Steele. He is not good. Especially when Plan A isn't working...and I can promise you they will be game-planning this year with his high-strung, neurotic-tendencies-when-somebody-goes-off-book in mind. Make Kevin Steele start chewing his nails and you own him. He may go catatonic on the sidelines. Our coaches know it; they'll have some creative plays in mind this year.

I'm with you on VT. Justin Fuente/Bud Foster worry me; they're the second-best coaching duo in the ACC behind Dabo and Venables. Just glad we started getting him early because that team is going to be a bear to play in 2-3 years.

As for the rest...meh. FSU is indeed shallow at some key spots - QB/OL chiefly among them. God help them if anything happens to Francois because the guys behind him are absolutely terrible with Malik Henry transferred. And Francois gets beat up. A lot. Part of it's that OL, part of it that he holds the ball and is not aware enough of the rush. It's going to get him killed eventually.

You still gotta go out and play 'em, and see how the bounces go. We got the bounces we needed last year. Will we this year?

Let it go Stoudt just didn't have the talent to cut it in FCS...

Aug 26, 2017, 7:18 PM

It wasn't bad timing, as he was given the starting job even though Watson was clearly better. He had the opportunity and did not look like an FCS level QB. He could only complete short passes in the flats. Nearly threw a pick whenever he threw a pass in the middle of the field, and couldn't throw the deep ball. And no he wasn't more talented than Cullen Harper. Harper produced with less talent. Stoudt couldn't produce with multiple NFL level players at his disposal.

Not saying this to bash Stoudt, just stating facts. I was overjoyed for him for the win over Oklahoma, and glad he had the game of his life after a frustrating season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let it go Stoudt just didn't have the talent to cut it in FCS...

Aug 26, 2017, 8:10 PM

I think Watson was a little fragile his freshman year. Had a collarbone injury, broke his finger, and then the acl. I think if it wasn't for the collarbone injury he would have started against uga. He put on a good bit of muscle going into his sophomore year, rehabbing.

Aug 26, 2017, 6:03 PM

I think Auburn could be the key game this year. If Clemson can get by them at home early they could be looking at another 11-1/12-0 regular season and spot in the playoffs.

Cole was NOT "terrible."

Aug 26, 2017, 6:08 PM

But Kelly is probably better. Only time will tell.

Yes he was. Couldn't produce with NFL talent at his disposal***

Aug 26, 2017, 7:20 PM

Re: Cole was NOT "terrible."

Aug 26, 2017, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Cole was NOT "terrible." ]

Agreed. He wasn't the greatest we have had for sure, but the kid had heart. I have said before, his Junior year, when he came in against FL St, it looked like he and Humphrey were the only ones still playing, and he should have probably been put in way sooner. As to everyone bashing his ability, I suggest you try throwing the ball while hurt. Guess what, it's hard. He probably shouldn't have been on the field in all honesty, but what else did we have? Kelly had transferred, Watson injured, so the kid went out there and tried. If you watched him in his Junior season he was a good passer, just not a great runner and a poor fit in Chad's offense. Don't get me wrong, he absolutely made some bad plays, and cost us at least GT. Still, it never ceases to amaze me how so many love to find ways to sully his name for trying to help the team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a bad case of jealousy from people with nothing better

Aug 26, 2017, 7:46 PM

to do.

Auburn's QB Wayyyy Overated....Tiger D Will Eat Him Up***

Aug 26, 2017, 7:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2017, 7:56 PM

Hope you are right because we need to figure out who the #1 QB will be by Game #2 before those Auburn Tigers get to Tigertown.....I know KB will be an excellent runner but still have concerns about his passing ability........get'er done......Go Tigers!!!!

Aug 26, 2017, 8:11 PM

Has VT even named a quarterback yet?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2017, 8:17 PM

Cole's biggest problem was C Morris had no confidence in him and called vanilla plays .
That were very predictable and oh yeah CS played banged up most of the year.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,564
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic