Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Didn't Chad Morris say once...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Didn't Chad Morris say once...

Jul 5, 2013, 8:59 AM

That he would definitely stay in Clemson until his daughter finished high school? Anybody have any idea what grade she'll be in the fall?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't Chad Morris say once...

Jul 5, 2013, 9:00 AM

3rd grade I hope

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2013, 9:24 AM

Can we go 5 days w/out someone suggesting that coach Morris might soon leave Clemson. NEVER DOUBT the line of coaches apply-n for the job of HIGHEST PAID OF CO-ORDINATOR in the nation might cause a traffic around DEATH VALLEY.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you trying to start a campaign to get coach Morris'

Jul 5, 2013, 9:04 AM

daughter to flunk a grade?

I'm in.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Haha wouldn't go that far

Jul 5, 2013, 9:15 AM

But I would TOTALLY start a campaign to get her to come to Clemson! Certainly wouldn't hurt his chances of staying!

I believe his daughter will be a Junior this year.***

Jul 5, 2013, 9:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think we keep Morris through 2014 season...

Jul 5, 2013, 9:22 AM

I just don't think there will be that many jobs open up this year that will catch his eye. Last year would have been the year that he bolted...Texas Tech and Arky St. both opened up. He interviewed for several others and didn't get the offer.

There will not be that many Southeastern/Texas jobs open. The only one that might open is if Patterson bolts TCU for an NFL gig. If that happens kiss Morris good bye.

Either way, I think we should all be proud of what Dabo has done. We have coach's that everyone else wants and we compete nationally for recruits that the Bama's and The Ohio St's want. Nothing wrong with having that kind of program.

Re: I think we keep Morris through 2014 season...

Jul 5, 2013, 9:30 AM

Morris has earned himself eternal fame in TigerTown for what he's done here. Ten years from now, any Tiger fan worth their salt would buy him a beer at the Esso, no matter what team he's the HC of. We're just trying to enjoy having the NCAA hottest coaching commodity as long as possible :)

Re: I think we keep Morris through 2014 season...

Jul 5, 2013, 10:45 AM [ in reply to I think we keep Morris through 2014 season... ]

USC could get rid of Kiffin if he totally bombs this year but I find it hard to believe they would offer Morris, although if we finish in the top five with a top five offense he will definitely be a lot more attractive. Washington, Kansas, and Maryland are the other ones I can think of that might open up that would at least be somewhat attractive from a financial standpoint.

Its easy to say that now, but you never know what can happen

Jul 5, 2013, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I think we keep Morris through 2014 season... ]

See Arkansas/Texas Tech/Oregon/Syracuse/Wisconsin last year. You never know what can happen and who is willing to go where.

Either way Morris won't be here forever, but I'm positive Dabo will find an equally competent OC to replace him when the time comes.

Re: Its easy to say that now, but you never know what can happen

Jul 5, 2013, 11:24 AM

> See Arkansas/Texas Tech/Oregon/Syracuse/Wisconsin
> last year. You never know what can happen and who is
> willing to go where.
>
> Either way Morris won't be here forever, but I'm
> positive Dabo will find an equally competent OC to
> replace him when the time comes.

Agree.

Also, if Mack Brown doesn't get UT above 9 wins this year he may be asked to step down. I don't really think UT would hire Morris but if Brown is gone after this year then Morris will definitely get an interview at Texas.

Brown is definitely under pressure to perform this year though....he has done less with more than anyone else in the country.

Also, I don't think money is going to be the overriding factor in any move by Morris. Dude is making $1+ million now and he was coaching high school just 5 years ago. He has increased his salary 10 times in just 5 years. It's not like he's reached a point in his career where it will take a big paycheck to make him move - he likely wants the opportunity to be the head guy somewhere just like most competitive people do, and as long as he's paid decent money at the right location he's gone.

No one talks about the fact Saban could get bored at Bama and opt to try the NFL again and we all know Dabo would take that job if offered. Promoting Morris to HC would definitely keep him from moving.

He interviewed for NCSU as a courtesy and a requirement

Jul 5, 2013, 11:28 AM [ in reply to I think we keep Morris through 2014 season... ]

of North Carolina to interview a certain number of candidates for a state position job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: He interviewed for NCSU as a courtesy and a requirement

Jul 5, 2013, 11:35 AM

Just curious as to what Morris's signature win would be?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You seem very cootish to me...LSU, Auburn, VT...***

Jul 5, 2013, 11:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You seem very cootish to me...LSU, Auburn, VT...***

Jul 5, 2013, 1:36 PM

Which one between the 3. I say LSU.

Re: You seem very cootish to me...LSU, Auburn, VT...***

Jul 5, 2013, 1:38 PM

I changed my mind. I think it would have to be VT for the ACC championship.

No he never said that***

Jul 5, 2013, 11:33 AM

Even if he didn't

Jul 5, 2013, 11:41 AM

It's respectable to let your daughter finish high school in one spot. She's had to move a lot already. I certainly hope he does, both for her sake and for our offense's!

Jul 5, 2013, 11:44 AM

it is really hard to know what will happen w/ coaching jobs in preseason. who thought Brad Stevens would be the new Celtic coach? they'll be firings, retirements, a shifting around that will always create some attractive openings.

most people think coaches are driven by money. money is nice and attractive, but they look for power and control and to build their name. a head coach will always have more power and control, etc. than an assistant position. i think Chad wants the control he had when he was the HC in high school and will make his move after this year. if he waits too long, he runs the risk of being considered a Norm Chow.... genius OC that is destined to always be in a supporting role. and Clemson pays Chad very well but he'll most likely double his pay with any BCS conference job.

Jul 6, 2013, 12:54 PM

Before Morris came, Dabo hadn't beaten a single team that finished the year in the top 25. He was 0-4. Since he came, the record is 4-4 against teams that finished in the top 25. The wins are FSU, VT, VT in 2011 and LSU in 2012.

Your point?***

Jul 6, 2013, 3:05 PM

Ummm Miami in '09. Finished 19th and lost to us in OT.***

Jul 6, 2013, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't Chad Morris say once... ]

Re: Re: I think we keep Morris through 2014 season...

Jul 6, 2013, 1:25 PM

I really do not see coach dabo going anywhere.. yes he came from Alabama but he loves it here and the people and alumni and administration loves him! Most men who build something do not walk away unless something bad happens and he seems to be an outstanding man! If and I say if Chad leaves remember coach dabo interviewed him and hired him to run his style of offense which we will continue to run. Now if our assistants are ad smart as we think they are they are studying and learning this offense so if Lucky we might just promote.. coach dabo has built this foundation upon which we stand and he will fight to never let it crumble... wow that's long

Re: Your point?***

Jul 6, 2013, 4:48 PM

If Chad leaves yes it wouldn't be great but dabo will find a another top notch oc to run his offense and dabo wouldn't go anywhere

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic