Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something to think about regarding Clemson vs South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,049

Something to think about regarding Clemson vs South Carolina

Nov 28, 2013, 1:04 PM

As I wait to leave for my Thanksgiving dinner at 2 pm, I have put some thought into the two teams' schedules.

1. Most people assume that since South Carolina plays in the SEC and Clemson in the ACC, that South Carolina would have a better record than Clemson vs our schedule. We all know that is absolutely not true. If we are to assume that South Carolina would have lost to FSU, and we know for a fact that they did lose to Georgia, then the best record they would have right now against our schedule is 9-2.

2. Since South Carolina may be on the doorstep of winning the SEC East and appearing in the SECCG, let's take a look at their schedule. They have actually managed to play an SEC schedule that does not include Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Texas AM, or Ole Miss. That list includes arguably five of the top six teams in the league. How is South Carolina not already the SEC East champ? Oh yea, they lost to Tennessee.

3. Let's look at South Carolina's SEC schedule.
a. They beat Florida 19-14. I'm willing to guess Clemson could have accomplished that feat.
b. They lost to Georgia 30-41. I'm willing to bet Clemson could have, oh wait, never mind.
c. They beat Kentucky 35-28. I'm willing to guess Clemson could have accomplished that.
d. They lost to Tennessee. I think Clemson would have beaten Tennessee.
e. They beat Miss State 34-14. This is a Miss State team that showed up in Columbia with a 1-point win over Bowling Green, and wins over Troy, Alcorn State and Kentucky. To this day you can only add Arkansas to that list. I think we take Miss State at home.
f. They beat Arkansas on the road 52-7. Arkansas is a dead team and has lost eight stratight by similar scores. Oh, except they did take the above-mentioned Miss State to overtime.
g. They beat Vandy 35-25. This is a good win and a win over Vandy is not a given these days, but I do think we'd beat Vandy.
h. The most impressive win of the season for them is Missouri. The comeback overtime victory on the road. Not sure if we'd have pulled that off so hats off to them for that.

Another win 28-25 over Central Florida has turned out to be a good win, ironically not in the magnificant SEC.

If they don't win the SEC East when they had a schedule without Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and Tex Am and their cross over game was an Arkansas team that just may be the worst in the SEC in years, then maybe it is because they pulled a gamecock and lost to Tennessee in a huge upset. Or maybe it is because they couldn't beat Georgia. One thing is for sure, they wouldn't have done better against our schedule than we have done. Even if they are delusional enough to think they'd have beaten FSU, they would be 10-1 at best, thanks to a loss at Georgia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson may be the best team USuC plays this year***

Nov 28, 2013, 1:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson may be the best team USuC plays this year***

Nov 28, 2013, 2:09 PM

Just because Clemson beat Georgia at home by three points does not mean they would have beat them in Ga. In fact it implies if they could only beat them by three at home surely they would have lost to them at their place. South Carolina lost to a bad Auburn team that Clemson beat what difference did that make? South Carolina lost to Kentucky a couple of years ago but that made no difference either. Just tee it up and play the game!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson may be the best team USuC loses to this year...

Nov 28, 2013, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Clemson may be the best team USuC plays this year*** ]

Fixed it for ya. GEE-HAW'D!! and happy Thanksgiving!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson may be the best team USuC loses to this year...

Nov 28, 2013, 4:22 PM

Didn't Missouri play that game without the stating QB?

Didn't Carolina

Nov 28, 2013, 4:39 PM

Play Clemson last year without the starting qb?

And Clemson played without the whole secondary***

Nov 28, 2013, 7:42 PM

Re: Something to think about regarding Clemson vs South Carolina

Nov 28, 2013, 7:58 PM

Well you guys are the superior program so should have plenty of depth and a few injuries shouldn't matter. But hey then you wouldnt have excuses.

You're right

Nov 28, 2013, 8:12 PM

Our program is superior to yours. Always has been, always will be.

A coot win streak was inevitable. You'll go on another one in another 40 years or so.

I would say don't bring your excuses around here after

Nov 28, 2013, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Something to think about regarding Clemson vs South Carolina ]

this Saturday night, but I don't for one moment expect to see you or the rest of your sad feathered lot around here after Saturday for quite some time. I guess until baseball season starts up, right?

But all is not lost, you still have two more days to enjoy the ride. Of course, there's always denial and coot logic that can help allay the pain afterwards, so you've got that going for you also.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2013, 8:18 PM

Dumb post. It matters where the game is played. The only 2 decent teams ckempson played

Nov 28, 2013, 8:22 PM

Dumb post. It matters where the game is played. The only 2 decent teams clempson played all year was at home. Georgia and fsu. South carolina would have beat georgia at home. South carolina is the only team to beat missouri and central florida both on the road. See ya saturday in columbia. You will have no trouble its an easy place to win. Its no dead valley.

Considering our record in Columbia I agree, it is an easy

Nov 28, 2013, 8:28 PM

place to win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2013, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Something to think about regarding Clemson vs South Carolina ]

Saying you would have beat Georgia at home is like saying you would beat the big kid in a fight if he were smaller. It has no relevance. They ran the ball all over that sorry defense, stop making excuses.

These post were not made for the enjoyment of coot

Nov 29, 2013, 10:49 AM

fans. They are on a CLEMSON board. What are you doing here with such a fabulous team of your own to follow? Are you jealous??????

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,049
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic