Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a day.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 695

What a day.......

Feb 20, 2020, 3:25 PM

Nearly hit the floor this morning and got all confused. Chest pain and numbness. At hospital now. They did a CT scan and a Chest XRay. Looks like I probably will have a stress test tomorrow. Blood and vitals are perfect, so they are having a hard time with figuring it all out.

I tell you what, that was scary and I drove myself to the hospital and can hardly remember it all.

Now bored to death and all hooked up. Feel like obed went through something like this not too long ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck.

Feb 20, 2020, 3:35 PM

Probably just the Corona-AIDS. You'll be tangled up hopelessly in those wires in no time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good luck.

Feb 20, 2020, 5:13 PM

I had 4 IVs and the leads for the monitor. I could not move without yanking something loose.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

4 IVs?

Feb 20, 2020, 6:32 PM

I only had one, but it was moved to 4 different spots because I kept yanking on it and developing bruises. Which was nothing compared to the cantaloupe sized bruise in my groin from the catheter. My junk was green and purple for over a month, even after everything felt 100%. I was worried I was permanently discolored.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. 2 were used constantly and the other 2 were used as

Feb 20, 2020, 8:25 PM

needed to administer other drugs. Back of both hands and in the bend of each arm. My groin catheter was clean w/no problems.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

If they say the words "foley catheter" grab your junk

Feb 20, 2020, 3:44 PM

and run! Srsly, grab your junk, cause thats where they wanna put it.

I'll try to keep the libby and Instapot talk to a minimum, keep the environment de-stressed, ya know. Hope you get some good news, bud.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sounds to me like you need to find some balance between

Feb 20, 2020, 3:44 PM

being excited to death and bored to death.

Really though...hope they figure it out quick and it's NOT serious.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

damm brother, that does sound scary as hell... by all means

Feb 20, 2020, 3:47 PM

get every test in the book. The fact that you're posting and have clarity of thought is a good sign. Probably just a fluke thing, but be sure!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Take a mucidryl and say 3 hayell merries

Feb 20, 2020, 3:48 PM

And stay outa the mange for good measure....
You’ll be better next month

I had a similar thing that like a few weeks ago

Feb 20, 2020, 3:58 PM

Nothing since but I got some class 5 drugs out of it. And no bill from the hospital yet. Weird.

Did you watch the dem debate last night?***

Feb 20, 2020, 4:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a day.......

Feb 20, 2020, 4:29 PM

CT and X-Ray were all good. They are still scratching their heads. Doing blood again. Here for at least 3 more hours.

Sounds like they want me to do a stress test next week. Doesn’t sound like they want to keep me tonight for the rest in the morning.

It’s weird, but it’s like I am scared to leave. That was super scary. I just really want to see the kids before bed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I experienced the same.

Feb 20, 2020, 4:36 PM

We'll do blood again. If troponin levels increase we admit you, if they stay the same or lower we're sending you home. As much as I didn't want to stay, I was terrified of leaving. Going home with a cardiologist appointment for next week wasn't calming.

But I assume they know what they're doing.

I had something similar a few months ago

Feb 20, 2020, 4:51 PM

Had to rush to emergency room.

Hope all is good with you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something similar happened to me in 2008, had chest pain

Feb 20, 2020, 4:54 PM

And numbness in arms while driving into CLT. Stopped in Gastonia got quickly admitted. Had blood, stress, CT tests.
No heart related issues at all. Ended up finding that my ongoing weird arthritis got into the tendons of my rib cage and was creating havoc....
tigermanac®

I had a similar experience about 3 weeks ago.

Feb 20, 2020, 5:09 PM

I had been having some intermittent light headedness for a few weeks, and had felt my heart "flutter" a few times, but none of these episodes lasted more than 30 seconds. I just thought I was tired and worn out. Then, one night after supper, I could feel my heart really fluttering, and my chest started to hurt. Next thing I know, everything goes white and I feel myself fainting. I held on somehow, and wife drove me to hospital. Turns out I had a ventricular tachycardia/a-fib and had to be zapped with the paddles 3 times. My heart was badly out of rhythym and heart rate got up to 300. Next day I had a defibrillator/pacemaker implanted. Good news is that the plumbing part of my heart is good, and I did not have a heart attack. I may still have an ablation procedure to correct the misfiring of electricl impulses in my heart. I am out of work for another 3 weeks and am in full recovery mode. I already told about this up in here right after the defib implant, but just wanted you to know that I know what you mean when you say it's scary. I hated being in the hospital, but I was very apprehensive about leaving too. Bottom line, I'm still here and doing well, and apparently the doctors knew what they were doing. Hope all goes well for you too, and I will be thinking about you.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I had a similar experience about 3 weeks ago.

Feb 20, 2020, 6:00 PM

This chit scared me the first time you posted it, and it did again just now. I can't imagine. All I can say is... thank god for medical science, my friend. You're good to go now!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I agree.

Feb 20, 2020, 6:18 PM

People can laugh at my new found diet and exercise, but that is exactly what I want to avoid.

Nobody is laughing about your diet and exercise.

Feb 20, 2020, 6:50 PM

We’re laughing at you talking about your diet and exercise like Rain Man talking about Judge Wapner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AHHHH! 7 MINUTES TIL WAPNER!!***

Feb 20, 2020, 8:01 PM

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

3 runs in today, rotated through 4 pairs of shoes, gotta

Feb 21, 2020, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Nobody is laughing about your diet and exercise. ]

make sure I eat all the colors of the rainbow in my dinner tonight!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are many here who post about other topics more than

Feb 21, 2020, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Nobody is laughing about your diet and exercise. ]

I post about diet or running. Like automobiles for instance.

probably not as much as you think

Feb 21, 2020, 8:48 AM

But if you were correct, it would require me posting about the same issue with the same automobile every time I broached the topic.

I’m just giving you a hard time (as many others are as well) because it’s what we do, in a completely good-natured manner. Don’t become some pouty running martyr.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Besides, running is for the gays***

Feb 21, 2020, 9:00 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course it is...

Feb 21, 2020, 9:47 AM

why else would I be infatuated with it?

True story. Most people thing AIDS makes the gays skinny,

Feb 21, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Besides, running is for the gays*** ]

but its running and exercise.

Except for the fat hairy gay, "bears". Right DGUARCHITECT?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I'm just glad that I've moved beyond poop.

Feb 21, 2020, 9:50 AM [ in reply to probably not as much as you think ]

Which is now regular and consistent due to my diet and exercise. But the farts are now magnificent.

T's & P's for you

Feb 20, 2020, 5:16 PM

and hope you are over whatever it is you had happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take care of yourself A. ******

Feb 20, 2020, 6:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds a lot like toxic shock syndrome

Feb 20, 2020, 6:10 PM

Gotta change the coochie plugs from time to time.

Go the lazy route and do the nuclear stress test. I had one done a week after a slipped disc. Saved me about an hour on the treadmill and letting me keep those calories I earned stuffing my face with nonsense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You remember correctly.

Feb 20, 2020, 6:37 PM

I had something along the lines of myocarditis, and a virus was going after the walls of my heart.

Hope all as well with you and it was just something random and harmless.

Hopefully they’ll do a calcium scoring test on you before going straight to the heart cath, if it goes that far. Scoring test is a lot easier but a lot of docs skip right past it in a hospital environment.

Get outta there soon man!

Re: You remember correctly.

Feb 20, 2020, 7:26 PM

Back home. Echocardiogram next Friday and then stress test.

Weird thing is, I ran 5 miles yesterday morning, zero problems and normal pace. I couldn’t have run 100 yards today. I could barely stand for 2 minutes this morning. So weird.

Thanks for entertaining me while I laid and waited on the docs.

Happy to report that every single nurse was smoke show. Amazing.

My man. Time like this are for perspective.

Feb 20, 2020, 7:32 PM

Why the #### you show no pictures of smoke show nurse is ####### ########.

That is strange that you ran beforehand.

Feb 21, 2020, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: You remember correctly. ]

You'd think if there was anything mildly wrong with you it would show up on a run.

Be sure to accurately describe your

Feb 20, 2020, 8:03 PM

Rock 'n' roll lifestyle to the docs...

Your body can handle 12 drinks the night before a 5 mile run when you're in your 20's; not so much when you're in your 40's, especially not 3+ nights a week...

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

The medical billing department

Feb 20, 2020, 11:36 PM

Hope you recover quickly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayer for you this morning.

Feb 21, 2020, 7:06 AM

It's not uncommon for enzymes to be normal with a first heart attack. My first didn't register and the damage was nothing more than a slight scratch on the skin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ts&Ps to ya. Times like this call for perspective.

Feb 21, 2020, 8:37 AM

Probably a great time to post pigs of your wife's tids. Life is too short to miss out on the important stuff.

Re: What a day.......

Feb 21, 2020, 9:26 AM

Too much alcohol last night.
Seriously. Thoughts and prayers.

That sucks

Feb 21, 2020, 10:01 AM

If I ran a bunch of miles and my heart still tried to kill me I would want my money back.

I'll just sit here and be sore from lifting like a real man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 39
| visibility 695
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic