Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers get big days from Goodman, Brown and Branch; Steele sees improvement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Sep 12, 2010, 1:21 AM

Clemson defensive coordinator said he saw plenty to be pleased with in Saturday's 58-21 win over Presbyterian, a game that saw defensive end Andre Branch play play a little linebacker. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers get big days from Goodman, Brown and Branch; Steele sees improvement

Sep 12, 2010, 4:03 AM

I wish I had a clue what this means:

“If you got a five technique, you’ve got a five technique. When you’ve got the’ orbit’ or the ‘rocket sweep’, you force it. We had one play with the ‘Attack’ [first team], that was on me, where we had a personnel mishap and actually it was a personnel mismatch- quite frankly that call doesn’t fit that deal. I think that popped out there for about eight yards."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You aren't supposed to know........ neither is Auburn or

Sep 12, 2010, 8:54 AM

any other team........... As Long as our Players understand it, that is all that matters................. Now lets go stop Cameron Newton!

Re: You aren't supposed to know........ neither is Auburn or

Sep 12, 2010, 8:58 AM

Yes please, lets do. Don't put a hat on Cameron, put your eyes on him. I'm sure he will fall down from the stare !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2010, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Tigers get big days from Goodman, Brown and Branch; Steele sees improvement ]

Look, if you don't have an absolute EYE fetish, odds are you will never get it. Its the EYES !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2010, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers get big days from Goodman, Brown and Branch; Steele sees improvement ]

The "5" Technique aligns the DT at the outside eye of the OT, keying first the TE, then the OT. Duties are:
#1=To keep the OT off the LB.
#2=DT can't be blocked singularly by the OT.
#3=Check for the Trap.
#4=Rush the pass.

We played a ton of 3-4 and 3-3-5 on Saturday. Honestly I always thought Steele was a more of a 3-4 guy over 4-3. Our personnel really fits a 4-3 though, so maybe will recruit guys for the 3-4 in the future.

Orbit or Rocket Sweep is when a Slot WR comes in motion and recieves a handoff from the QB. Think Percy Harvin at Florida.

I believe Steele (and most coaches) call there 1st team a name (in this case Attack) and the 2nd team something else. It helps players and coaches on the sideline get the right grouping in.

The rest the quote is pretty self explanatory.

Did you really just use the phrase "show out"

Sep 12, 2010, 8:58 AM

in the title of an article?

I enjoyed seeing everyone get a chance to play.

Sep 12, 2010, 9:50 AM

We did tackle better, but will have to tackle much better next week. Cameron newton and company are a bit harder to drag down....I say drag cause you don't just knock em down. The level of competition is going up a notch or two. I still saw several "tackles" that were merely lower the shoulder and try to knock the man down. We need to wrap up on every single one.

I am not so sure that we should't play Boyd some against AU....he can be a bruising runner.

Glad to see so many get on the field and live the dream.

GO TIGERS!

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

When did Lake Hartwell get a huge suspension bridge?***

Sep 12, 2010, 5:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea

Sep 12, 2010, 8:20 PM

Hit Cameron Newton like he hit your mother with a two by four.

Re: Come on Steele....it was PC!!

Sep 12, 2010, 9:05 PM

Do it against Auburn and then I will agree that our D is coming along.

Sep 12, 2010, 10:02 PM

Agree. I bet Byrnes High School would have been a tougher opponent than PC. In reality we will be playing our FIRST game against Auburn.

all games are important to coaches. If they see improvement

Sep 12, 2010, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Come on Steele....it was PC!! ]

they should talk it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2010, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Come on Steele....it was PC!! ]

No you wouldnt, u always are negative and im glad i dont have to live in your skin... wake up, ,there are more things to life than being a neg all the time..

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic