Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't hit the 3. Can't hit FTs. Can't defend the 3.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Can't hit the 3. Can't hit FTs. Can't defend the 3.

Dec 8, 2018, 5:59 PM

This team is a long way away from a postseason caliber team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't hit the 3. Can't hit FTs. Can't defend the 3.

Dec 8, 2018, 6:01 PM

hey maybe you could just find a new hobby

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry, should I be complementary of this effort? Or should I be a fairweather fan?***

Dec 8, 2018, 6:03 PM

Dec 8, 2018, 6:04 PM

Missy done a great job of hitting the 3, but most teams can and will when they aren't contested, can't they!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, most aren't hitting 19 at a 65% clip

Dec 8, 2018, 6:07 PM

especially when they came in hitting 32%

You could sit on the floor on your butt

Dec 8, 2018, 6:05 PM

and just let teams shoot threes and most won't hit 19-30. Give them some credit. Give our guys some for actually hanging in there without our best player while Miss St set school records. They were just flat unconscious

Dec 8, 2018, 6:07 PM

I agree. You nailed it. No offensive identity. No leadership. Leaders take the game on their shoulders. We had that with Grantham, blossomgame, Bobby buckets even stepped up. Nobody is stepping up. Plus those refs screwed us bad in second half. That was an obvious foul on Trapp driving , obvious charge outside the circle, touch fouls around the rim. It seemed like we got called for touch fouls and on our end we had to eat floor to get one. Just being real. Can't win a game when ur best player is out, facing blind refs, and miss state hitting any shot they threw up

Did you miss our best player not playing today?***

Dec 8, 2018, 6:09 PM

So according to you we should expect

Dec 8, 2018, 7:54 PM

to lose because Reed can’t play. I guess we’ll wait till he’s back in a couple weeks before we can expect a win, or will he be rusty and we’ll have to give it another week or two. Maybe by mid January we can expect a win.

Just stop. So far this season this team has looked nothing like last year’s team - with 4 returning starters. Is it players, Brad or a little of both?

Re: So according to you we should expect

Dec 8, 2018, 7:59 PM

This has been the most disappointing team in recent memory. Fresh off a sweet 16, we lose 2 big time recruits, follow that up with this garbage team who was all back but 2 players, and they have looked horrible in every game they have played.

Good news... first signing day for football is just around the corner. On to more football and maybe baseball.

We're 9 games in

Dec 9, 2018, 8:05 AM

A little early for that kind of hyperbole. 3 losses all to tournament teams, one without your best player. They need to get better, but it's not like we lost to PC

You must not be aware of the significant injuries we

Dec 10, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: So according to you we should expect ]

have had this fall and early in the regular season. We haven't even had enough players to go 5 on 5 in practice until last week.

What if our football team couldn't go "good on good" in practice until a third of the way through the season. Would you still expect to beat top 25 teams? What if our best player, Trevor Lawrence, wasn't playing in a game against a ranked team? How good would you feel about our team?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yes, I didn't expect to win a game in which

Dec 9, 2018, 8:00 AM [ in reply to So according to you we should expect ]

our best player is out against a veteran, top 20 team. We're not Duke. Not why this is so hard to grasp.

Reed is the key guy this year

Well then, Practice the 3, defend 3 and FT

Dec 9, 2018, 1:00 PM

I can perfectly understand the strategery of last night's game ... pack the paint so their big goons can't get inside ... but then they hit 3's like its a 2 ft shot ... we can't seem to catch a break. I think things will be different starting with the Radford game, I sense our Karma is starting to change.

Message was edited by: OhWiseOne®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 1:07 PM

100% correct. And defending the 3 is easily corrected. Basically man defense SHOULD stop the easy 3 point play.. Of course, if you play decent man. But hitting the 3 . .w e can't shoot. take last years team, which was streaky at best in shooting . . . and remove the best long range shooter . . . . you now have this years team.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic