Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The last time I saw the media continue to expect a fail from the #1 team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

The last time I saw the media continue to expect a fail from the #1 team

Dec 16, 2015, 12:01 AM

to this extent was the 2002 Oh St team. They ended undefeated but had closer than expected games including a 4pt win against Cincinnati, an 11 pt win against a 3 win NWestern team, a 5pt win over Wisc, a 6 pt win over Penn St, and a 4 pt win against a 6 win Purdue team.

I knew every weekend they were going to lose, but they just kept winning. The media kept waiting for them to lose, but they didnt. They beat Miami, in OT, in the NCG.

All the talking heads and everyday fans can say what they want. This Clemson team just keeps winning. I don't take it as disrespect, I see it as the final hurdle for this team to prove to themselves and the college football world that they are elite.. the best.. the national champion.

They have the chance, no words can stop them. (Well, except for " ______________ is ejected for targeting"). :)

Go Tigers!!

Disclaimer: I abhored that Oh St team and think these Tigers would beat that 2002 Buckeye team by 4 tds.

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I was at a bar a few nights ago and Tennesse fans were going

Dec 16, 2015, 12:07 AM

on about the "tough SEC" saying that Clemson was soft and couldn't even win the east. After trying to have an intelligent conversation with them (big mistake - they honestly thought DW4 was a running back) I just said "Can you remind me how it feels to lose?" They went speechless after that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: The last time I saw the media continue to expect a fail from the #1 team

Dec 16, 2015, 6:34 AM

Honestly, aside from the Heisman ceremony and the playoff selection show, I've managed to avoid the tv talking heads. They aren't going to present any new information and it's just a 30-minute commercial every day for the bowl games and playoff.

If they feel Oklahoma is that much better than Clemson, let them. The players and coaches are smart enough to understand that in 2015 you can't hide from what's being said and they'll probably use it as motivation, but if you feel you have to silence the "doubters" at 13-0 and a national championship game appearance to get fired up, you weren't going to win in the first place.

Re: The last time I saw the media continue to expect a fail from the #1 team

Dec 16, 2015, 7:06 AM

yep I only watch games. The rest is meaningless blather whether good or bad toward us. You do it on the field

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you mention the last time #6 Tennesssee played Clemson?***

Dec 16, 2015, 7:51 AM

Re: Did you mention the last time #6 Tennesssee played Clemson?***

Dec 16, 2015, 8:14 AM

And all we heard before that game is how , there was no way Clemson would be able to block their front seven or get any pressure on clawson. Clemson don't care about who's what. We just do, we can play and beat any team in the country. Cross hairs are on OU.
GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic