Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did you know that LSU's game program exclaims Clemson has the earliest Death Valley moniker.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Did you know that LSU's game program exclaims Clemson has the earliest Death Valley moniker.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:01 AM

Paul Finebomb was asked this question last week and he referred it over to staff for clarification.

I knew it as DEAF Valley, which it sounded like last night in their great win.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you know that LSU's game program exclaims Clemson has the earliest Death Valley moniker.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:22 AM

good article about it. Ends with ETN

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/sorry-lsu-but-clemson-s-football-stadium-is-the-original/article_7437d57a-9403-11e8-9023-8f903fe214b6.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Did you know that LSU's game program exclaims Clemson has the earliest Death Valley moniker.

Oct 13, 2019, 11:06 AM

The article does not mention that Cally Gault went on to a legendary career as the coach at PC. I can 100% confirm by first-hand account that Cally Gault routinely told this story, about how his coach named Death Valley, to his players and team in the early 1980’s. That signed affidavit in 2012 by Gault is exactly what he told his players 30 years earlier.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 11:17 AM

Think you meant the early 60s

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oct 13, 2019, 12:00 PM

To clarify, Gault played at PC in the 40’s when his coach named Death Valley. Gault coached at PC from early 60’s through early 80’s. I played under Gault in the early 80’s and he was telling the story then about his coach Lonnie McMillian naming Death Valley back in the 1940’s when Gault and PC were always opening on the road at Clemson, in “Death Valley.” It was Gault’s “back in my day” story he told. Gault played at PC under Lonnie McMillan in the 1940’s as the article state’s, when the naming occurred. His 2012 affidavit was 30 years down the road from when I heard him telling the story. Sorry for the confusion.

Oct 13, 2019, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you know that LSU's game program exclaims Clemson has the earliest Death Valley moniker. ]

It was even confirmed on the NCAA 2014 video game.

We may have the original, but when people across the country hear Death Valley

Oct 13, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you know that LSU's game program exclaims Clemson has the earliest Death Valley moniker. ]

they think of LSU. Kind of like USC- South Carolina can call themselves USC all they want, when anyone outside of South Carolina hears USC they think of the Southern Cal.

It's absurd how many times the producers kept...

Oct 13, 2019, 11:51 AM

...zooming in on the words "Death Valley" on LSU's stadium last night. Over and over again thoughout the game. They just about never do this in Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Noticed that!

Oct 13, 2019, 12:33 PM

Maybe b/c it was lit up OR in French.

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jealous of Clemson's Death Valley!***

Oct 13, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to It's absurd how many times the producers kept... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Oct 13, 2019, 1:16 PM

I never understood why they didn't run with DEAF VALLEY. It's more descriptive and unique, certainly a moniker to be proud of. SMH

Oct 13, 2019, 1:18 PM

Nice Job LBB, you are the man.! I am going to see if I can get a copy of that program from LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic