Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rivarly perspective from a Tiger in FL (long rant)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 130
| visibility 51

Rivarly perspective from a Tiger in FL (long rant)

Jun 7, 2012, 11:28 AM

I may have a different perspective on our rivalry because I am not exposed to it daily. I feel sorry for all of ya'll in SC who have to deal with these fools daily. I only have to deal with Gators and Noles and the occasional Cane in the haystack. However, from my perspective here is what Carolina South football fans can’t understand:

Would we prefer to have beaten you the last 3 years?

Of course we would.

Do we want to be you? Are we envious of you?
Hell no we don’t want to be you, we are not envious of your program. That’s like asking UF fans if they are jealous of Carolina South. No, they are not. They would prefer to have beaten Carolina South the last couple of years, but they do not wish their program has what Carolina South has.

Dumbfounded Coot: How could they not want what we have? We have a 1969 ACC championship, the 2009 SEC East Division Title, and we won 11 games en route to a fifth place conference finish just last year.

No fan in the country wants Carolina South’s history, recent or historical. Carolina South prestige is laughable and the word “prestige” can only truly be paired with Carolina South in a virtual reality game. Since coots have recently labeled us with a “P” word I would proclaim that Probation is the correct “p” word for your beloved institution.

Dumbfounded Coot: Wait…History has nothing to do with it, this is about right now. Only losers live in the past, 34-17,29-7, 34-13. Need I say more?

Right, and you should be proud of your current win streak right now against your rival, which currently puts you at a roughly 37% all time winning percentage against Clemson. You should be proud of your win “streaks” against UGA, UT, and UF. But don’t expect any of your big brothers to give you any respect. We all have multiple streaks against you both recent and historically.

The difference is when we beat you 3 times in a row, you want to be us. You want to own a current win streak and the bonus of knowing you have historically dominated your rival. You want to have the current satisfaction as well as the memories of many “fat” years feasting on your chicken clucker rival. When you beat us 3 times in a row we are embarrassed, we are pissed, but we wouldn’t trade one thing in our program for the best thing in yours.

The only fallback you have is the proclamation that your streak is the beginning of a historically unprecedented run of domination that will place Carolina South at the top of the college football world and bury your rival among the likes of Duke (wait) and The Citadel (oops). You have notions of future grandeur because your past has been epic in its enduring failures.

You have no frame of reference, no self awareness, and no logical basis of argument.

You have had moderate success in football for a couple of seasons, and as a result of success you are out of your element.

Keep your mouths shut get, on your knees and give thanks to Spurrier and Slive: Every morning when you wake up you should thank these men along with Jesus for giving you another day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Nothing else need be said. Point for you***

Jun 7, 2012, 11:43 AM

can we get an amen for the tiger in florida?

Jun 7, 2012, 12:42 PM

great post.

Losers mentality. Act like nothing's wrong.

Jun 7, 2012, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Nothing else need be said. Point for you*** ]

The 'new' Clemson makes me sick. Here you are Acting like nothing's wrong when our rival is out earning us by 20 million a year and is beating us literally in everything. ....and most importantly dominating us in football. We NEED to make a big deal out of this and do something about it!! This is when the donors need to put up or shut up. Let's do everything we can to help. But do NOT sit there and act like everything's ok, because without losers mentality the butt whippings will continue.

Someone has been paying attention and not drinking...

Jun 7, 2012, 9:01 PM

the orange Kool-aid.

Please, go back to the herd, nothing to see here the OP is exactly right, stay the course, change nothing and things will correct themselves. The success of Carolina South is a fluke.

all that is great, but as we have said for years............

Jun 7, 2012, 11:46 AM

the only thing that matters is scoreboard. and they have that right now in all three sports.

Good points except

Jun 7, 2012, 11:48 AM

I would NOT trade baseball programs.

I would gladly exchange basketball programs.

Your football history is grand indeed, no doubt. I would NOT want to be in the ACC or the Big 12 for football so I still wouldn't trade places now.

Re: Good points except

Jun 7, 2012, 11:52 AM

with (if) the additions of clemson and fsu, the big12 would be every bit the equal, if not surpass, the sec in quality,from top to bottom.and when will usuc realize that they add nothing in football relevance to the sec.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps

Jun 7, 2012, 12:05 PM

but I have been able to DRIVE to most the stadiums in the SEC. The only away games I have not been to are Arky and Ole Miss. Because the SEC East teams are close enough visiting teams often bring 10,000+ fans to Willy B.

I've also been to many of ACC stadiums and I think most would agree there is no comparison. Of course CU has the best atmosphere in the ACC.

You have missed a treat at The Grove (Ole Miss).

Jun 7, 2012, 12:20 PM

Highly recommend it. Also, Memphis is just up the road from there.

I have said it before and I will say it again....

Jun 7, 2012, 1:48 PM

I have attended college football games all arcoss this country and Ole Miss has some of the best, if not the best, "talent" I have seen anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Then, the B12 better pick up its recruiting (even after

Jun 7, 2012, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Good points except ]

adding FSU and clemson) to equal the SEC. And if it does pick up its recruiting to equal the SEC, be prepared for more losses in the B12 than in the ACC. SEC teams beat up on each other, which shows in the won-loss columns.

Re: Then, the B12 better pick up its recruiting (even after

Jun 7, 2012, 12:58 PM

i go back to texas 858-333-34 vs. bama 840-320-43;oklahoma 819-310-53 vs. tenn. 794-347-54;uga 748-400-54 vs. wvu 701-457-54; lsu 734-390-47 vs. clemson 658-448-45; t a&m 682-450-48 vs. tcu 591-516-57 these are (if) the top 5 in each conf. pretty close. i didn't bother to go the bottom part of the conf. for obvious reasons .

Jun 7, 2012, 1:08 PM

You better go to the recruiting rankings of recent years rather than records dating back to World War II and further, to get an accurate view of the challenges. Heck, Army could make a case for itself if one wanted to look at history and ignore geography. Can't suit up those whose eligibility has run out.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:12 PM

ignore history and it will repeat itself is also an old addage. you can't argue that the 2 conf's would be fun to watch.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:18 PM

But you have to look at the talent level of each school and compare. What was on the field when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor has no bearing on today.I personally am pulling for clemson to go to the B12 because it would be tougher than an ACC schedule. But unless the B12 as a whole can take their talent level to where Oklahoma and Texas are today, they will lag the SEC. Yet, it would be tougher than the ACC. And yes, both conferenes would be fun to watch.

"Today..."

Jun 7, 2012, 1:20 PM

The Big12 was the best conference in America in 2011. That's as much "today" as it gets.

If you believe that, you are in the minority.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:28 PM

The B12 from top to bottom can't match the SEC in terms of talent. Look up the recruiting rankings yourself. Because the SEC has so much talent, teams beat up own themselves and, it reflects in the records.

I'm not going to go in circles over this. Right now, you are not in the B12. But, I'm pulling for you to move to that conference. So in that regards, we want the same thing.

I agree that the SEC has a ton of talent but.............

Jun 7, 2012, 1:33 PM

the comment about teams "beating themselves up" is not true. If that were true the SEC wouldnt have won the national title the last 6 or 7 years. And the SEC usually has 8-10 bowl teams.

Re: I agree that the SEC has a ton of talent but.............

Jun 7, 2012, 1:35 PM

But you lose more games in that conference if you have to play a bunch of Top 10 conference teams.

LSU, BAMA, and Arky played in BCS games and the

Jun 7, 2012, 1:38 PM

Cotton Bowl and they were in the same division. If you are good you will play in a good bowl game.

Is that not one of the funniest coot myths there are?***

Jun 7, 2012, 1:39 PM [ in reply to I agree that the SEC has a ton of talent but............. ]

Re: If you believe that, you are in the minority.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:38 PM [ in reply to If you believe that, you are in the minority. ]

all conf's beat up on themselves. it doesn't take an all-american to hit someone to tear a ligament, give you a concussion etc., and NO conf is great past the top 3-4 teams,if that many. just 'cause usuc is out of the sec cellar right now doesn't mean they won't be back there in a few short years.

The "minority"..Really?? Who are you talking about?

Jun 7, 2012, 1:38 PM [ in reply to If you believe that, you are in the minority. ]

And I don't give a rat's butt about recruiting rankings - the Big12 was the best football conference in America in 2012.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Then, the B12 better pick up its recruiting (even after ]

kentucky,ol'miss,miss.state all say hi. they aren't exactly powerhouses. and i'm sure texas and ok. both have more than enough talent to compete against anybody. look at tenn. they were a powerhouse just a few years back and vanderbilt has passed them, but the vol's will get back,sooner rather than later. you don't keep an historically great program down long,and if you are talking army and navy powerhouse teams,remember,we had a draft back then,and the military used the uh,available talent to field the teams.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Jun 7, 2012, 1:33 PM

Even if you go by history, the SEC can't be matched. But believe what you want. But again, just take a moment to look over recent recruiting rankings. The numbers don't lie. Again, I am pulling for you guys to jump to the B12. I prefer you there than in the ACC because it will be tougher for you there than in the ACC. And I like the local recruiting impact it will have for Carolina. I'm done arguing about it because we are going in circles.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:41 PM

1st, let me ask about the "local recruiting impact" that makes no sense whatsoever.

You've been in the SEC for 20 years...

Jun 7, 2012, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Then, the B12 better pick up its recruiting (even after ]

You're no better against us in the last 10 years than you were the first 10 years, even with your incredibly rare 3 game win streak.

You like telling yourself stories, huh?

Stop the Clock...they might lag Alabama/LSU but that is

Jun 7, 2012, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Then, the B12 better pick up its recruiting (even after ]

about it...I know that the Coots are all SEC this, SEC that...but really what have you contributed football wise to the SEC?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That right there is funny, I don't care who you are...

Jun 7, 2012, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Good points except ]

dude, you are dreaming. The Big 12 wouldn't be close, even with the addition of two has-been programs from the ACC.

Has been > Never was

Jun 7, 2012, 9:06 PM

Thats SC....never was, and will never be sh!t

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true. The latest ESPN recruiting rankings show 9 SEC

Jun 7, 2012, 9:35 PM [ in reply to That right there is funny, I don't care who you are... ]

teams in their Top 25 to only 4 B12 teams (including FSU and clemson). My earlier assertion is proven to be correct and stands: if the B12 is to even equal the SEC, much less pass it, they better pick up their recruiting to a new level.

Re: Rivarly perspective from a Tiger in FL (long rant)

Jun 7, 2012, 11:54 AM

I'm quite certain that fans of neither fanbase actually want what the other fanbase's teams have for their own teams....IMO, each just want to keep what they have, but beat the other at least 50% of the time, if not more. I'm sure the USC fanbase feels it's due for a bit more than 50% of the wins, at least for football. But otherwise, they are satisfied with their teams, programs, and school...

some keep telling me something about being our daddy and I

Jun 7, 2012, 12:02 PM

tell them that it takes longer than 3 years to become a daddy. I tell that in a way I'm glad that they got to experience something that their fathers and their fathers never did.

CU is certainly our "Daddy" in football no doubt but

Jun 7, 2012, 12:11 PM

your quote about our dads and grandfathers is off.

From 1920-1975 I think the record was something like 28-26-2 (not exact but close enough) It was a true rivalry. Since 1976 you guys have OWNED us for sure.

Hey Joel, yours are the only coot posts in this thread

Jun 7, 2012, 12:30 PM

I can see. The rest are ignored. That says a lot about your decency on your rivals' board. Just thought you'd want to know. Don't expect any TUs, though. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

If you take time to read my posts

Jun 7, 2012, 1:46 PM

I think you will find me to be pretty reasonable. By using my real name and telling you I'm a coot, I'm not here "undercover" pretending to be a Tiger.

Thanks, I do take your post and not being Ignored as a compliment. The vast majority of fans are respectful to each other, I had fine experiences in Cooterville this past weekend with Tiger fans and great baseball games.

One of your brethren of the ignored variety took exception

Jun 7, 2012, 1:57 PM

to my post. LOL!

You seem like a pretty decent guy. I hate it for you you're covered in all those feathers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody has to pull for lowly scar ;-) ******

Jun 7, 2012, 2:00 PM

Re: Somebody has to pull for lowly scar ;-) ******

Jun 7, 2012, 2:04 PM

they got surgeries to remove scars nowadays, it doesn't have to be an life-long problem, you can get it fixed-as an outpatient,even.

Re: CU is certainly our "Daddy" in football no doubt but

Jun 7, 2012, 12:32 PM [ in reply to CU is certainly our "Daddy" in football no doubt but ]

and all but 8 of those games were played in cootlumbia. that does not say a whole lot about your team losing that many at home

Coots like to conveniently ignore that fact

Jun 7, 2012, 1:02 PM

When I really think about it, coots like to ignore all facts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Joel, sorry, but a "true rivaly" isn't played with 48 of 56

Jun 7, 2012, 1:27 PM [ in reply to CU is certainly our "Daddy" in football no doubt but ]

games being played at one team's stadium (yours).

Once we started playing every other year in Clemson, that's when the utter domination started. That's the key. Since that point in time, like you alluded to, we've won almost 70% of the games.

Re: some keep telling me something about being our daddy and I

Jun 7, 2012, 9:15 PM [ in reply to some keep telling me something about being our daddy and I ]
2_525636.jpg(16.2 K)

your grandfather and father never got to experience. You're welcome for the "new experience" or as we call it in Columbia your annual "@$$ whipping" Calling it your "New experience" definitely sounds classy. You got a way with words, Mr.Billy Shakespeare. They say a pictures worth a 1000 words, here is one for you.

Jun 7, 2012, 12:15 PM

You should post more, bruh.

Jun 7, 2012, 12:41 PM

They don't like history cuz they ain't got no history. They may win a game or two, but history never changes.

Dang I wish it was '81 again.

Jun 7, 2012, 5:23 PM

Yeah, because that type of grammar was more acceptable then.

Jun 7, 2012, 12:49 PM

Fair enough. I wouldn't trade what we have going now for what y'all have plus the history. I'd rather have the brighter present. Plus, the comparison of Clemson to UF is laughable.

The only comparison I make between UF and CU

Jun 7, 2012, 12:59 PM

is that both have dominated your football program over the years though you currently have beaten both in football over the last 2 and 3 years, respectively.

You can go ahead and laugh about that and I'll laugh at your reading comprehension.

Maybe you can understand this:
We beat Auburn last year, I don't go to an Auburn fan and say "Hey big bro, the future is ours, the present is bright, did I do good?" I understand where we are as a program and I allow respect to programs where it is deserved.

Now let's see if you can understand an analogy...

Re: The only comparison I make between UF and CU

Jun 7, 2012, 1:04 PM

You actually didn't specify that you were only comparing how the teams had fared agsinst us. You said something about trading programs, not history, which would seem to imply you put Clemson on the same level of program as UF.

Not all gamecock fans are saying anything about who the daddy or big brother is. Most fans see the history and the present for what it is. Anyone who takes trash talk too seriously needs to grow up, whether they are the ones talking or the one being bothered by it.

Re: I hate to break this to you:

Jun 7, 2012, 1:09 PM

"You said something about trading programs, not history, which would seem to imply you put Clemson on the same level of program as UF."

The implication is that there is many levels of program achievement above your dirtpeckers. Carolina South is low on the totem pole.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:13 PM

Maybe we are but Clemson ain't much higher. Certainly nowhere close to UF. I guess next year when we start beating y'all I will cheer a little less loudly to remind everyone that y'all used to win alot.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:15 PM

better hold off on that laughter for a few years, 'cause it will be that long before usuc beats us again.

Cheer as loud as you want

Jun 7, 2012, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to break this to you: ]

Just don't come to your rivals board and expect some sort of vindication. It reeks of inferiority complex.

Re: Cheer as loud as you want

Jun 7, 2012, 1:22 PM

I come here to talk sports just like I do on the carolina and the national boards. Inferiority isn't an issue because I don't base my self worth on how a bunch of kids do on Saturdays in the fall.

I try to stay respectful on here since it is a Clemson site, but your butthurt whining got under my skin for some reason. I apologize.

"Clemson ain't much higher".. LOL.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to break this to you: ]

The last time ESPN ranked all programs on an all-time basis, Clemson was 22nd and you were 83rd. Yeah, we're not too far ahead of you.

You act like you've been beating us for decades, when in reality you're 4-6 versus us in the last 10 even with your wild anomaly 3-game streak. Will be 4-7 after November.

Re: "Clemson ain't much higher".. LOL.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:24 PM

Going by straight numbers it looks like that. Thats what they go by. That's not the true perception out there though. Everyone knows '81 was bought and everyone knows that once a real team joined the ACC Clemson plunged downhill. Even y'all know it.

LOL. You say "going by the numbers" as if they don't mean

Jun 7, 2012, 1:36 PM

anything.

We didn't buy anything in 1981. There was not a single illegally recruited player on our 1981 squad. Regardless, Clemson wasn't doing anything in that time period that nobody else was doing. We won it fair and square on the field.

And FSU isn't the cause of Clemson "backsliding" to 35th in the country since 1992. That's all on Clemson, falling off first with Hatfield then West. in any case, you're 61st since 1992, so again, it's not even close. And even with us being relatively down over that time at 35th, we still managed to win the majority of the time against you.

Saying you're almost even with us is absurd. And you know it.

Cool story though, if you're into fiction.

Re: LOL. You say "going by the numbers" as if they don't mean

Jun 7, 2012, 1:43 PM

I didn't say we were even. If you want to go by numbers we are ahead depending on the time frame. I am talking about the perception of how outsiders see the program since he brought up prestige in the OP. And outsiders, at least from the big football schools, both see us as mediocre and average. I hear it all the time national boards. Regardless of what the OP thinks Clemson is not seen as some prestigious football school. They are seen as a school who used to bully a weak conference and are now mid tier.

Re: LOL. You say "going by the numbers" as if they don't mean

Jun 7, 2012, 1:49 PM

when i was active duty a few years back, 90's early 2000's, i was stationed in missouri,va.,colorado,and n.j., and i haven't found anyone who said clemson was mid tier, that is a bs statement.

I didn't say you said you were even. You said, "Clemson

Jun 7, 2012, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL. You say "going by the numbers" as if they don't mean ]

ain't much higher", but that simply is not true.

And whether you like or not, or whether you're in denial or not, Clemson IS one of the more respected programs in America. Not elite, or necessarily prestigious or whatever, but a top 25 all-time program for sure. Again, you fall in the 80's.

Clemson is not seen as "mid-tier" either. We were ranked as high as #5 in the BCS during the season, and we finished in the top 25 in spite of the OB debacle.

Don't know what you're smokin', but it must be some top notch stuff.

Re: I didn't say you said you were even. You said, "Clemson

Jun 7, 2012, 1:55 PM

stanley, i think the way he (markb) thinks, he is huffing (or maybe injecting) not smoking.

Re: I didn't say you said you were even. You said, "Clemson

Jun 7, 2012, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I didn't say you said you were even. You said, "Clemson ]

It is one of the more respected programs by Clemson fans. I will give you that. Yeah, y'all got ranked high last year. Then you got exposed. Nobody outside of the Clemson fanbase thinks of Clemson as one of the more respected programs. That is a fact.

Did you forget your reading comprehension pill today?

Jun 7, 2012, 1:58 PM

In the most recent all-time rankings by ESPN, Clemson was 22nd and you were 83rd.

Again, must be some reeeally good stuff. It makes you throw around the word "fact" when the things you are calling facts are actually figments of your imagination.

Re: Did you forget your reading comprehension pill today?

Jun 7, 2012, 2:01 PM

And once agian , I am not talking anout a ranking based on wins and losses in the past when y'all played in an ACC that was even worse than the present one. I am talking about how the general public football fans see the teams. And they see y'all as just one average program in a big heap of average programs. Not as a prestigious school.

Jun 7, 2012, 2:05 PM

and the whole time in this conf. y'all won how many championships?

How about........

Jun 7, 2012, 2:06 PM

all the time they've spent in ANY conference, how many titles have they won???

what a bunch of losers the chickentrolls are.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about........

Jun 7, 2012, 2:08 PM

much better,thanks.

Jun 7, 2012, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you forget your reading comprehension pill today? ]

Not debating out history. I know it sucks. I accept the perception of my team.

Jun 7, 2012, 2:10 PM

not perception.it is reality.

Jun 7, 2012, 2:15 PM

Yet my sucky team has blown your prestigious team away 3 years in a row. Hope we keep sucking at this level.

If beating us is all that is required to keep you happy

Jun 7, 2012, 2:41 PM

then you are just as pathetic as most fans around the country assume that you are. Beating your rival gives you bragging rights but on a national level it is irrelevant. You should want your team to eventually become one of the best teams in the SEC and trying winning the East again, good luck with that by the way.

This the biggest reason you coots are said to have a little brother syndrome. You care about nothing but beating us. Losing the East last year mattered less to you then beating us did and that's sad

Re: If beating us is all that is required to keep you happy

Jun 7, 2012, 2:46 PM

LOL. Where did I say thats all I cared about? I'd much rather win SEC. This thread was started by an OP upset with y'alls current predicament not by me. Read this board every day and then go to the Carolina boards and read. Its obvious who the obsessed fanbase is right now. Y'all call each other coot all the time. Every other thread here is bout USC. Clemosn comes up on our boards but its nothing like the level of obsession here.

It would die down if coot trolls didn't stir stuff up

Jun 7, 2012, 3:05 PM

Clemson posters aren't allowed on most coot boards. They are immediatly banned when they show themselevs to be tigers. Only here are you allowed to troll without consequence

Re: It would die down if coot trolls didn't stir stuff up

Jun 7, 2012, 3:27 PM

Untrue. There are known Tigers on the board I use.

You and facts just don't get along, huh?

Jun 7, 2012, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you forget your reading comprehension pill today? ]

The rankings are ALL TIME. They're not from some minute, handpicked period...like your silly comment that you "ain't far behind Clemson" based on an EXTREMELY rare win streak, one that merely made you 4-6 in the last 10 games.

And I hate to break it to you, but 22nd is not "just one average program in a big heap of average programs". That's the upper crust of college football. On the other hand 83rd is a basement dweller, a bottom feeder if you will. You're not even in the same neighborhood with Clemson when considering the whole picture.

You really should try harder to stop telling yourself lies.

I've got a fact for you from just this evening

Jun 8, 2012, 2:40 AM [ in reply to Re: I didn't say you said you were even. You said, "Clemson ]

I am in Scottsdale AZ for a business conference. I am not a Clemson graduate - my son is.

At a dinner I hosted this evening I had the CISO (chief information security officer) from:

Alabama
USC -- no not you dummy, the real USC
Arizona State
Utah

College football came up and i was asked who I followed. I said my son went to Clemson so I'm a big fan.

ALL OF THEM said Clemson - that's great. Good school, great football program. Then asked about ... Spiller, Sammy Watkins, then they spent 10 minutes thinking of past greats from Clemson starting with the Fridge.

So dirtpecker - let me tell you, I've got firsthand experience from tonight. Clemson is respected, these guys all knew past Clemson players, and simply put, you don't know squat.

Re: "Clemson ain't much higher".. LOL.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: "Clemson ain't much higher".. LOL. ]

that means the sec east title a couple years ago was also bought,right.tried and convicted.

Oh the hypocrisy.....

Jun 7, 2012, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: "Clemson ain't much higher".. LOL. ]

81 was bought even though you deluede trailer dwelling inbreds can't name one single player on the 81 roster who received any kind of illegal benefit (because there were none), yet it is an undisputable fact that at least twelve (12) $CU players received in excess of $60,000 in illegal benefits that played during the best three year run in $CU history. In fact, they got a nice 5th place ring for their efforts. I wonder if Carey Tate and Chip and Leon Comer got rings too since they (or at least their money) were so critically important to the success of those teams?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Oh the hypocrisy.....

Jun 7, 2012, 2:08 PM

So because I don't know a player name it didn't happen. There are documented cash violations before in 79 and 80. Probation came in 82 I think. So I am supposed to believe y'all stopped cheating and then won the national cahmpionship? And none of those players on the 81 team got anything in 79 and 80 when y'all were handing out cash.

Jun 7, 2012, 2:17 PM

we got a 2-yr probation (the acc added the 3rd), which is less than what usuc just got, and they were alot harsher back then than they are now, so the current win streak y'all have should have an asterisk beside it?

Jun 7, 2012, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh the hypocrisy..... ]

If I remember correctly that was about the time Ole Joe Morrison was handing out steriods. I guess thats not considered cheating.

Jun 7, 2012, 2:27 PM

good memory.i had forgotten about that.

I HATE to break this to YOU...

Jun 7, 2012, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to break this to you: ]

accodring to ESPN, ya know...that sports station that loves them some SEC.....

ESPN's last Prestige Rankings

Clemson has the #22 spot
will let you guess who is 83

Jun 7, 2012, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to break this to you: ]

Unfortunately, they aren't anymore. They are a top 10 program with young talent. They will be around for a while. So quit your darn belly aching and do something about it.... Like sending more money to IPTAY.

Jun 7, 2012, 3:00 PM

Agree. Until we admit our shortcoming we will not get back on the wrong track, We HAVE been passed. We HAVE to give more, yell more and win more. IF we don't win in NOV, we will be in big trouble. We will be saddled with a HC who mouth overloads his A$$. I will then call for major change. Morris for HC.

I am not one to just say "we will beat the coots in Nov" and believe it based on just loyalty. I look at the whole picture. And right now I don't like what I see. USC is trending up. Clemson is still locke din the ACC and trending down.
SUCKS!

Jun 7, 2012, 5:50 PM

i just don't get how you come to that conclusion. lets do it this way:1: o-line- right now i would have to go push, they didn't impress at all last year o-wise. 2. wr's-us, without a doubt,rated #2 in the country by multiple national pub's. 3.rb's- push- if,and this is a big if, ellington and lattimore are both healthy. 3. te's-us, ford has shown his ability and is backed up by a couple of highly (top-5) rated te's . qb-us, boyd has been mentioned as a hiesman candidate, has anyone saw shaw thought of like that? defense: de-push, i like our talent 2. interior line-them-right now,that could change with playing time. 3. lb's: us- esp. with bv's history with ou's lb's. 4. db's:us- they lost their best. special teams- us,without a doubt. coaching-i'll take us, with morris and bv calling the shots. home-field -us.

i don't mind the td, but at least discuss why.

Jun 7, 2012, 6:24 PM

i said in my post how i see it, why don't you,whoever you are.

Re: i don't mind the td, but at least discuss why.

Jun 7, 2012, 10:26 PM

I am not going to argue with a fellow tiger. Yet I must point out to you that you orange colored glasses get you nothing but a repeat of the past three years.

"i just don't get how you come to that conclusion. lets do it this way:1: o-line- right now i would have to go push, they didn't impress at all last year o-wise.

***(I saw them push us all over the field at WILL!) Your Orange glasses must have been fogged up!

2. wr's-us, without a doubt,rated #2 in the country by multiple national pub's. 3.rb's- push- if,and this is a big if, ellington and lattimore are both healthy.

***SO, below you use Heisman candidate to put T Boyd ahead of Shaw but you on't use the same reasoning to give lattimore the edge? Geez man! .

3. te's-us, ford has shown his ability and is backed up by a couple of highly (top-5) rated te's .

***Love Ford's upside. But, SC has a bonified blocking TE (Cunningham) and receiving one (Anderson) who caught a TD vs our Tigers and outran uor db's.

qb-us, boyd has been mentioned as a hiesman candidate, has anyone saw shaw thought of like that?

*** I Give Boyd the edge here. Yardage and experience. But, Shaw beat him at everything on our game.

defense: de-push, i like our talent

**Not even close. SC has TWO 1st 2nd round NFL caliber DE's.

2. interior line-them-right now,that could change with playing time.

***SC by a mile. Talent, experience coaching toughness. They have yet to say "UNCLE"

3. lb's: us- esp. with bv's history with ou's lb's.

***I'll wait to see. We were so bad last year it may take a full year to get that ship out of their system. Our talent is better though.

4. db's:us- they lost their best.

***push. Both have strong and weak points.

special teams- us,without a doubt. **agree

coaching-i'll take us, with morris and bv calling the shots. home-field -us."

*** nope. They are better at x's o's and motivation.

Sorry. Until I see it on the field. I'll just hope.

Re: i don't mind the td, but at least discuss why.

Jun 8, 2012, 6:56 AM

i don't think latty is a legitimate hiesman candidate until,and if, he fully recovers from his acl, and even at that must show improvement after almost a year off. i like the home-run ability of ellington better (he too,must stay healthy). they caught us at the apex of our downslide last year, everybody was pushing our d-line around (even branch,a high draft pick), i'll bet we don't see a repeat this year against usuc.they have done nothing o-wise to say the x&o's are better, and they lost ellis as their d-coord., and you still gave them the advantage there? if i am wearing orange glasses, you might want to at least take off your blinds.

Jun 7, 2012, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to break this to you: ]

lol. so when compared to the team that beat you bad the last three years yall are as good or better at every position except one. delusion. yall are better at wr. thats probably it.

Jun 7, 2012, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to break this to you: ]

Sgt,

I hate the coots more than anyone so I can understand erring on our side in your comparisons. However, saying DEs is a push is borderline asinine. Taylor and Clowney are better than any bookends in the country other than possibly at LSU. Heck, Clowney as a true freshman had more sacks than the career totals for all of our returnees combined. They actually are better than us along both lines of scrimmage but we have advantages at every other position. I particularly agree about coaching. I'd take Dabo over the Old Ball Sack all day long. Dabo will win a national title in 2013, the first team made up of only his players. Made my day knowing we locked him down for 6 more years. I just hope the buyout is huge b/c the way some of our idiot fans have trashed him, I wouldnt blame him for listening to other offers.

I appreciate your coot hate but lets be realistic and maintain our credibility. Otherwise, we are nothing more than coots ourselves.

Almost as laughable as the comparison between USuC

Jun 7, 2012, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Rivarly perspective from a Tiger in FL (long rant) ]

and Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Win Post***

Jun 7, 2012, 12:52 PM

Jun 7, 2012, 1:05 PM

Nice Story.
Good points when you look at them from your perspective
and what you THINK South Carolina fans think.

*An Analogy on the current status of the rivalry in
reply:

Dude decides one day that he wants a badass guard dog
as well as something to impress the neighbors. He goes
out an purchases a full blooded Doberman, and gets
papers and registers the dog. He takes it home, raises
it up from a pup to a full grown dog from ####. Never has
an issue with the dog until one day, for some unknown
reason, the dog just doesn't feel real good. He's hurting
and it has him irratated, he's feeling frisky and can't
get out to find a b1tch, or he's just got a bad outlook
on life in general... who knows, but for whatever reason,
dude comes out to feed the dog and as soon as he open the
cage door, this mass of teeth, claws and fur jumps up,
latches onto whatever body part he can sink his teeth
into and proceeds to turn the guy into a heap of flesh
that resembles spaghetti and meat sauce.
QUESTION:
In the middle of this dog turning the guy into his own
personal jigsaw puzzle, How scared to you think this dog
is, or How impressed is this dog to hear the guy who has
papers on him screeming "I OWN YOU, I OWN YOUR A$$" ?

ANSWER:
Dog doesn't care that you own him. .. Dog doesn't care
that you have papers on him or kept him caged up for
years. He just didn't feel real owned that day and
decided since he was able, he was going to show his owner
who really owns who.

Just so you'll know. I've been a Gamecock fan for 47+
years. I have never myself, nor have I EVER heard a
Gamecock fan say they wanted to be Clemson University
or even LIKE Clemson university. I have never heard a
Clemson fan tell me they wanted to be like South Carolina
either. No true fan of either school is jelous or evyious
of the other. And regardles of what Clemson fans think,
the history of the rivalry, or the "Ownership" you've
built over the years doesn't impress us one little bit,
especially now that we're ripping your team apart in
all three major sports. .. .Might change soon, might
not, but what happened prior to our taking over isn't
of any importance to anyone except Clemson fans.

Oh good.......another coot to add to my list of the ignored.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:34 PM

See ya; wouldn't wanna be ya.

Re: Oh good.......another coot to add to my list of the ignored.

Jun 7, 2012, 5:31 PM

Wuss, couldn't handle it could you?

Jun 7, 2012, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Rivarly perspective from a Tiger in FL (long rant) ]

and like you said,it was one day, the next the owner opened up a can of whoop-azz on his dog, and it was never heard from again. and your point is what?

Jun 7, 2012, 2:09 PM

I also said "all that may change soon, it may not"

You might be right, but it doesn't change the fact
that the dog doesn't care you have papers on it while
it's removing another appendage from you body.

All I can tell you is that if you are going to open that,
can Then DO IT. Talking about doing it the past couple of
seasons isn't working. Results of the last game are all
that matters.

Jun 7, 2012, 2:19 PM

thought that last game was 2011, this is 2012,right?

Jun 7, 2012, 2:35 PM

Last game in the rivalry was this past weekend. 2012
Right ? WhoopAss Can still not opened.

Jun 7, 2012, 2:37 PM

never said y'all didn't have the better baseball team right now,i can't argue that.however,this is a new year for football,and i think as of right now, we have the better team.

Jun 7, 2012, 3:36 PM

And I think we'll be better than what we were last year.
So until it is proved by actually playing the game, the
score from last season is the only one that matters.
Either you're right, or I'm right. We'll see in November

Jun 7, 2012, 5:53 PM

and i can't wait. you know what they say 'bout payback.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:06 PM

Not envious? Judging by recent posts on here many of you are envious of our fat bank accounts, our coaches, our facilites, and our admin. commitment to winning.

Jun 7, 2012, 1:52 PM

from your first post it is easy to see you won't last long.you have to have at least a little common sense, and it is easy to see you are just a d.a..

Jun 7, 2012, 1:48 PM

Absolutely right. All is well, remain calm. Just like UGA said in 1989 when they hired an unproven assistant to run their program and proceeded to go 5-18 against Florida's new coach. By the way, nobody wants to be you.

You must want to be us given how often you're on this board

Jun 7, 2012, 2:37 PM

Also, I'm quite sure there are a number of teams that would love to have our history. No one would want yours becuase you accomplished the exact same accomplishments now as you have ovre the last 100 years. That's truly progress right there. Go back to your board coot.

Re: You must want to be us given how often you're on this board

Jun 7, 2012, 2:48 PM

So why don't you go pull for Notre Dame? You would trade programs with them, correct?

What? I don't understand coot logic***

Jun 7, 2012, 3:03 PM

Re: You must want to be us given how often you're on this board

Jun 7, 2012, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: You must want to be us given how often you're on this board ]

The thought in this thread seems to be that all Carolina fans should wish we were Clemson fans. If thats the case why shouldn't we just switch to being Clemson fans? What is stopping us if thats what we wanted. And if the only thing that matters is history, why do't we all pick ND or Bama or someone?

No. It said nothing about being Clemson fans

Jun 7, 2012, 3:33 PM

It said you'd like to have the history our school did.

Re: No. It said nothing about being Clemson fans

Jun 7, 2012, 4:20 PM

Its been said many times that we want to be you and are jealous of you. Whats stopping me from being you then? I am only tied to Carolina by my desire to be a Gamecock. I could throw out my coot gear tomorrow and go buy a bunch of orange. If we all wish we were like Clemson how come we didn't just become Clemson fans instead? Its because we don't want to be Clemson. Yes, y'all have a better history. I don't care. Except for the head to head with us it is all meaningless to me. I wish we had beat y'all more but I would not trade where the programs are now so I could say we had won more in the past. Like it or not Carolina has changed and now has the resources and commitment to sustain success. Meanwhile Clemson may or may not get invited to a good conference (not sure why with y'alls prestige it wouldn't be a sure thing) and may or may not accept the invite if y'all get one. Because Clemson has changed too and not in a good way for athletics.

Pitiful. Trying to make us feel better after the beatings?

Jun 7, 2012, 2:43 PM

That's what we have become ladies and gentlemen! We are trying to rationalize and commiserate because we are getting dominated in EVERYTHING by our rivals! Instead of doing something about it, we are trying to convince ourselves its not a big deal. Well, it is. This is NOT the Clenson I know. This is absolutely pitiful.

Re: Pitiful. Trying to make us feel better after the beatings?

Jun 7, 2012, 3:03 PM

AT LAST, A Man who gets it !

History is only a salve for the wounds. Stats are nothing
but numbers. All that matters is who is winning now,
and if isn't decided about what school won more game
in the 30s, 50s or 80s. All that matters is what the
THE GAME, and who won or lost the last one. If all you
want to make you feel better is for someone to admit
the numbers favor you, then so be it. You guys lead
the numbers battle. If "History" makes you feel better
I'm sure the library at Clemson is packed with books
about the school and the games when they were played
in baggy cotton pants and stirrup socks, leather helmets
or short silk shorts. What the scores were during those
eras or the building of memories had no bearing on the
Score of the last game played. History doesn't buy you
one single win this year. Win this season, or accept
another loss, but what grandpa did for Clemson or
Carolina will not be what gets you the win this year.
It'll be because you had the better team. ... Bring It !

with that logic...

Jun 7, 2012, 3:26 PM

you are only 1-0 at present.

Every year you would be 1-0 or 0-1 with no history...so you coots can stop with the 3-0...those other 2 yrs don't matter.

Re: with that logic...

Jun 7, 2012, 3:41 PM

You've never heard me say 3-0.
I'm fine with 1-0. Football, baseball and Basketball.
Our win in November 2010 had nothing to do with the
win last year. Our CWS Trophy from last July had
absolutely nothing to do with the win over you guys
this past Sunday. I don't revel in what we did before
we play "The Game". I only care about who wins this
one, and look forward to the next one.

that is odd that you say that...

Jun 7, 2012, 4:39 PM

I would love to see another 3,4 5
or more games in this current streak, but more importantly, I would just
like to see what our record is over the next 8-10 years. If we are ahead
(7-3 or 6-4) in the next 10 years, I think the Gamecocks are where we
want to be in the Rivalry game, and that can be looked at over the next
3-4 decades as being the begining of the time we changed the course
of the game. ...... if we are 5-5 or 4-6, it will be better over all than what
we've done. God forbid it falls back to 3-7 or 4-6 etc... Then we can only
look back and say we had a lucky streak from 2009 to 2011.

http://50-57-44-187.static.cloud-ips.com/showthread.php?t=170031

With your history you say history doesn't matter - shocked.***

Jun 8, 2012, 2:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Pitiful. Trying to make us feel better after the beatings? ]

Jun 7, 2012, 2:50 PM

I'm sure you don't want to be us. I can promise you we don't want to be you.

What amazes me though is that you think you are UGA, UF or UT with the comparisons.

And save the you are not either posts. I never claimed we were. The original poster made the comparison as if Clemson has the tradition of any of those schools.

Everytime I hear "Carolina South'...

Jun 7, 2012, 3:01 PM

it immediately reminds me of Omaha 2002. One of my favorite memories. I arrived just in time to see the second SC vs Clemson game. The beginning of what would be many tournament victories over our rival.

I'm sure this is supposed to be an insult, but it always brings a smile to my face. Thanks!

I would never expect a Clemson fan to want to change places with USC, or vice versa. We all have good memories of college, and love our alma mater!

Jun 7, 2012, 3:53 PM

This is some funny stuff here.....WOW.

Jun 7, 2012, 4:05 PM

I agree with some of what you posted but the problem is the coots brought in over $20 million more in athletic revenue than we did last year. Money and exposure does matter and they have it in the SEC.

We dominated the coots so much between 1975 and 2005 b/c they were an independent for 20 years (along with metro i.e. Conf usa membership in sports besides football). Heck, while we were both in the ACC when I was a kid, they dominated us in hoops.

Unless something changes fast, we will continue to fall behind and lose to them much more than we are accustomed. One example is baseball. They have a top 3 stadium nationally and are the back to back national
champs. Even in football, they continue to upgrade facilities and surrounding area amenities. It's easy to point to our past dominance in football but as hard as it is to admit, they have dominated us 3 straight years. Most people have them ranked higher than us this season. The depressing thing is how they have dominated us along the lines of scrimmage and that is our perceived weakness heading into this
season. A loss in 2012 means Clemson seniors never beat the coots in football in their careers. That is a pathetic precedent. These are scary times and much more bleak than your perspective from Florida illustrates.

This is what's wrong with this post

Jun 7, 2012, 6:46 PM

For starters I know of no true tiger fans who are envious of the coots and I doubt there are any coot fans who truly believe we are. That being said it is a losing proposition to bury our collective heads in the sand and think we can thrive off of history to get us thru as the years go by. One needs to look no further than noted dame to understand what I say here. The only reason they are still viable is because of their wealth.... We don't have that luxury. Notes dame is but a shadow of what they use to be athleticly in ALL sports and this can and will happen to us if we do not keep up with the joneses as far as spending, recruiting and winning goes. Yes the coots have only a 3 year streak going against us and it has happened before in the past but things are different this go around. For starters their leadership is committed to winning and that isn't gonna change anytime in the near future. It won't change when the ole ball sack leaves cause they will just buy another proven winner and his job will be much easier than spur sack had it. The next thing that is different is they now have the cash and getting more of it and they are willing to spend it on ALL athletics unlike the coots teams of the past. These things should be a concern for all tiger fans and if we deny them and do nothing then get use to becoming the whipping boy of that sorry team in the crap low country.

Re: This is what's wrong with this post

Jun 7, 2012, 6:54 PM

Please explain in detail what you think we should do. You have given no solutions, only complaining so far. I'm am truly interested in what you want done !!

Message was edited by: tiger49®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is what's wrong with this post

Jun 7, 2012, 8:03 PM

For starters I would have never hired dabo as coach. That may not be popular but I would not have made that hire. When you are a high profile school u get a proven high profile coach and spend the cash. Now u may point to us winning the acc last year but that didn't do it for me because the best teams we played last year spanked our butts and one of them was our hated rival 3 years running. U ask what I have against dabo? I will admit I'm a ford guy. Big lines and smash mouth offense with a nasty d is proven to win and has always been our identity at Clemson. Finese football with poor line play will not get it done but in the acc. How would we have fared in a power conference last year? We all know the answer to that. Next up I would find it unacceptable to how we are treated in the acc football wise. Swofford could care less about our football fortunes as evidence by the snub of west Virginia. If they had brought in wv our tv pkg levarage would have brout in a better deal making us more cash.our talking heads stood by not making a sound while swofford strengthened basketball. Now it looks like we have no choice but to leave but that has drawbacks too.

I stopped reading when you compared clemson to florida*******

Jun 7, 2012, 7:19 PM

Oh Brother...not enough time to respond to this right now.***

Jun 7, 2012, 9:45 PM

That is the BEST news I have heard all day!!!***

Jun 7, 2012, 9:47 PM

I live in Columbia, but am not exposed to the rivalry

Jun 7, 2012, 9:46 PM

every day either because The State newspaper barely mentions Clemson.

Cancelling my subscription to that USuC fan magazine today. They have sold out. Such a shame. I had hoped the press could remain unbiased. Pitiful.

GO TIGERS!!!

Raised my boy well ...

Jun 7, 2012, 11:20 PM

If it looks like a POS...

and smells like a POS ....

and acts like a POS ...

must be a POS or a Coot --- but that's redundant.

Replies: 130
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic