Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maria Taylor stopped just short...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Maria Taylor stopped just short...

Sep 27, 2018, 11:44 PM

of making this about race. That is so irresponsible and shallow. Anyone who knows anything about Dabo Swinney and the culture of family he has cultivated at Clemson knows that NOTHING is about skin color in his program. Never has been...never will be. Her arguments for keeping Kelly Bryant as the starter were simply misinformed and selfish. She truly showed herself to be just another typical ESPN mouthpiece that chooses to preach liberal agenda over fact. Disgraceful if you ask me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maria Taylor stopped just short...

Sep 27, 2018, 11:47 PM

ANYBODY who attempts to throw shade on Dabo is going to end up looking like a fool in the long run.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For eternity.***

Sep 28, 2018, 11:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I miss Sam Ponder. So there!***

Sep 28, 2018, 1:36 PM

Sep 27, 2018, 11:48 PM

She has a crush on him, I think they have been flirting and talking for a while. She’s just taking up for her man or the one she wishes she had.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

There's something to that

Sep 28, 2018, 1:28 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/update/ACC-Championship-Game-ticket-information-30930

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's something to that

Sep 28, 2018, 11:44 AM

I'll do ya one better...start @ 28:56:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMqARvEeJ4

Re: There's something to that

Sep 28, 2018, 1:34 PM

she wants to make sweet sweet love to renfro in that photo.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who doesn’t?***

Sep 28, 2018, 1:40 PM

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

What do Tajh Boyd, Deshaun Watson, and Kelly Bryant all have

Sep 28, 2018, 12:00 AM

... in common?

Hint: All the answers below are correct. But, I think we all know what I mean.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do Tajh Boyd, Deshaun Watson, and Kelly Bryant all have

Sep 28, 2018, 12:03 AM

It's definitely not the ability to throw the ball deep.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The speed to outrun an Ohio St safety?***

Sep 28, 2018, 12:06 AM [ in reply to What do Tajh Boyd, Deshaun Watson, and Kelly Bryant all have ]

Clemson QBs! Steak knives?***

Sep 28, 2018, 1:07 AM [ in reply to What do Tajh Boyd, Deshaun Watson, and Kelly Bryant all have ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

All wore even numbers...***

Sep 28, 2018, 6:33 AM [ in reply to What do Tajh Boyd, Deshaun Watson, and Kelly Bryant all have ]

3 people that have never been in my kitchen***

Sep 28, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to What do Tajh Boyd, Deshaun Watson, and Kelly Bryant all have ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do Tajh Boyd, Deshaun Watson, and Kelly Bryant all have

Sep 28, 2018, 11:48 AM [ in reply to What do Tajh Boyd, Deshaun Watson, and Kelly Bryant all have ]

They all had short brown hair?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 28, 2018, 1:05 AM

When you got nothin else, the good ole race card will always do.

It was kind of obvious when her and Holly Rowe were doing their campus tour in August that she was quite Interested in taking a ride on Space Mountain with Mr. Byrant

You should read the tweet from Bakari Sellers.***

Sep 28, 2018, 1:17 AM

Re: You should read the tweet from Bakari Sellers.***

Sep 28, 2018, 1:24 AM

Can u share? No idea who that is much less following on tweeter...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is a piece of $hit coot politician

Sep 28, 2018, 3:00 AM

he said, "For the record, Kelly Bryant didn’t lose his starting job. He was robbed of it. (Remember Texas A&M)"

Sep 28, 2018, 1:22 AM

What exactly is this Liberal Agenda of which you speak? Asking for a friend...

Sep 28, 2018, 6:27 AM

Race had nothing to do with it, and it’s irresponsible to fan such a sensitive flame on here. It’s not like she went Jamelle Hill, who does in fact use race baiting proganda. Leave the Fox News and MSNBC nonsense off tigernet.

Did you even watch the video and listen to her comments?

Sep 28, 2018, 6:59 AM

She made valid points and in no way even inferred anything about race.

Perhaps you should check your own agenda.

Re: Did you even watch the video and listen to her comments?

Sep 28, 2018, 7:54 AM

Thank you! I was reading on Twitter yesterday and saw someone say this wouldn't even be a national story if Bryant was white. So ok, the #3 team in the country making a change with their starting QB, and benching the QB who started the prior 18 games for them, and then that QB decides to leave the team during the season to transfer, and just happens to be the first major name to take advantage of the new redshirt rule in college football wouldn't be a story at all if he weren't black? That's even though no national media has mentioned race at all from what I've seen... yeah get out of here.

Re: Did you even watch the video and listen to her comments?

Sep 28, 2018, 1:43 PM

Thank you! I was reading on Twitter yesterday and saw someone say this wouldn't even be a national story if Bryant was white. So ok, the #3 team in the country making a change with their starting QB, and benching the QB who started the prior 18 games for them, and then that QB decides to leave the team during the season to transfer, and just happens to be the first major name to take advantage of the new redshirt rule in college football wouldn't be a story at all if he weren't black? That's even though no national media has mentioned race at all from what I've seen... yeah get out of here.

I also watched Chris Carter and Desmond Howard both declare that Trevor was the better QB and a phenomenal talent up there with Deshaun Watson...Carter also stated directly that Kelly Bryant just didn't progress as a passer like he expected.

Also, like other posters mentioned, it was pretty hard to not notice Maria Taylor and Kelly making eyes at each other in the past...she was definitely sweet on him, whatever.

Nobody at ESPN has remotely played the race card on this one. They definitely seem to have gotten the memo to get out of the politics business. Which was wise.

Sep 28, 2018, 7:11 AM

While there are plenty of people making it about race, and race probably plays a part in her opinion of the situation (statistical data certainly doesn't) nothing about her commentary indicated she was headed that way.

Sep 28, 2018, 7:49 AM

Maria Taylor...short

Those are words you don't hear together much.

Maria Taylor?

Sep 28, 2018, 8:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i dont think she was going that route at all

Sep 28, 2018, 9:17 AM

she isn't happy about it...but I don't think she was hinting at race with her commentary. It's obvious she cares about KB bc of their interviews, smiles, etc. but I don't think she believes race played a part. I believe that she doesn't think he did anything to lose the job. That's debatable as we've seen on Tnet, but I don't for a second believe she was going to play the race card.

I also would hope that she knows Dabo well enough to know that this decision didn't come easy. She asked Saban a simple question and got lambasted for it. She is just ticked off bc a friend that she has interviewed a number of times got demoted and left the team.

TD for misspelling landblasted.***

Sep 28, 2018, 1:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's a Skanky Filthy Sneakier Version of Jamel Hill

Sep 28, 2018, 9:46 AM

There are true race issues in America but in no way do 6 or 7 figure wage earners ever get to gripe about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where are you seeing that she referenced race?

Sep 28, 2018, 12:58 PM

I watched her comment on some show with Mike Green and there was absolutely no reference to race whatsoever. Is there something else you are referring to?

Obviously the race card is absurd here. Just look at Dabo’s history. But honestly I haven’t seen anyone even make that accusation. I mean, no one serious.

null

Sep 28, 2018, 1:42 PM

Maria Taylor has had a crush on Kelly since the day she met him. If anyone needs to check themselves, it’s her around young men.

It's what ESPN is all about. I hope Maria doesn't become the

Sep 28, 2018, 1:46 PM

next Jemelle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's not smart enough***

Sep 28, 2018, 2:33 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 2:08 PM

really sick of all this crap........was it about race when DW4 won the job over Cole Stoudt......dah no it was about talent and who was the best player........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're just looking to be offended...or are a troll.

Sep 28, 2018, 2:57 PM

Her statement had nothing to do with race...wasn't even close. She said without him, Clemson would have lost to aTm. She's correct. That game was way too fast for TL16 that day. He has made some strides, but he defineitely still has some adjustments to make to deal with the speed and abilities of talented defenses (Furman, GS, and GT are not talented defenses). TL16 will be lights out by the end of this season, but that doesn't mean Clemson doesn't need KB. Clemson could very well use KB. Dabo is now one ACL tear away from missing the CFP.

She had a valid point.
She got passionate about her comment.
Absolutely nothing about (or even close to being about) race involved.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic