Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Riots are socially destructive and self-defeating.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 650

Riots are socially destructive and self-defeating.

May 29, 2020, 12:49 PM

"I'm still convinced that nonviolence is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom and justice. I feel that violence will only create more social problems than they will solve. That in a real sense it is impracticable for the Negro to even think of mounting a violent revolution in the United States. So I will continue to condemn riots, and continue to say to my brothers and sisters that this is not the way. And continue to affirm that there is another way.

"But at the same time, it is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which cause persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activities as it is for me to condemn riots. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention."

- MLK

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

post that on twitter

May 29, 2020, 12:56 PM

it wont end well ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am most curious to know what the people

May 29, 2020, 1:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am most curious to know what the people

May 29, 2020, 3:17 PM

They're filming, quite a few are livestreaming. I spent several hours watching various people's streams.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am most curious to know what the people

May 29, 2020, 3:20 PM

and theyre not practicing social distancing***

May 29, 2020, 1:25 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Only applies in Meechigan***

May 29, 2020, 1:26 PM

I did see a bunch of Target looters in masks

May 29, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to and theyre not practicing social distancing*** ]

At least the timing was convenient to hide ones face and keep safe at the same time

I'm all for abolishing democrat leadership in blue cities.***

May 29, 2020, 2:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mave Latthews Kand?***

May 29, 2020, 2:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

2020 America is all

May 29, 2020, 3:05 PM

"We demand MLK apologize for using the term 'Negro'" and "We've tagged this post...get the facts on if America has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met."

null

Did you all just read the first paragraph of that quote

May 29, 2020, 3:18 PM

and not the second? Sure seems like it. BTW I spend as much time in left-wing echo chambers as I do here and people post that quote all the time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Riots are socially destructive and self-defeating.

May 29, 2020, 3:29 PM

Now I gotta go watch Boondocks episode Return of the King.

Replies: 12
| visibility 650
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic