Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did we pull a Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Did we pull a Clemson?

Dec 10, 2012, 8:06 AM

A lot of folks on here are saying we didn't pull a "Clemson" this year. What about the coots? We were higher rated, it was at home, it was at night, they didn't have their starting quarterback or running back and had just lost a starting OT two weeks before our game. Lets face it, this was our best chance to beat them of the last four and we did not perform. Maybe that's not "pulling a Clemson" but it's sure not what any of us expected.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but the coots are really, really super duper good now...

Dec 10, 2012, 8:08 AM

and other various excuses

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the fix is in; no other excuse 4 those penalties.***

Dec 10, 2012, 8:10 AM

Refs were bad both ways. The PI calls on us sustaining

Dec 10, 2012, 8:33 AM

their drive were really big, keeping our D on the field longer even though there was an eventual turnover. But we can't blame the refs, there was no fix, Clemson just happened to be the 2nd most physical team on the field that night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Did we pull a Clemson?

Dec 10, 2012, 8:23 AM

Not a classic "PAC" since many pundits picked SC to win the game. Say what you want about SS but his downplaying of Tiger football seems justified by our performance versus quality teams.

Dec 10, 2012, 9:33 AM

"Our" do you really think you are fooling anyone Chicken boy?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We've had a good year in my opinion. But make no mistake,

Dec 10, 2012, 8:28 AM

the coot game really puts a damper on it and prevents it from being a great year. Anyone who says otherwise is either pretending (i.e., if i type/say something enough it'll make it seem true) or else they don't really care that much about the rivalry when you get right down to it. Good season, but not a great one.

Historically, "Pull A Clemson" has not always been negative

Dec 10, 2012, 8:32 AM

Even during average years we have always found ways to pull big game upsets and win games where no one gives us a chance. In my opinion we are about to "Pull A Clemson" vs LSU.

in 2011 they won 11 games for the first time in a season

Dec 10, 2012, 8:32 AM

and awarded themselves rings for doing so.

all of that with a no name back up quarterback, a no name back up rb and a true freshman de.

can we at least mention clemson was without their 3 best cbs if you're going to cry a river for scar?

clemson is more talented in many areas. they stoned the scar running game and then let them off the hook by dropping picks and busted plays.

clemson should have won that game. they didn't and that's troubling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention the long 3rd down conversion runs by some

Dec 10, 2012, 8:34 AM

crappy QB who looks straight out of Deliverance

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

lol, i put deliverance boy in the busted play box.***

Dec 10, 2012, 8:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought Corky from Life Goes On needed his own category***

Dec 10, 2012, 8:38 AM

you're probably right, my laziness is showing again.***

Dec 10, 2012, 8:41 AM

Glad you mentioned the dropped picks. I remember 3.***

Dec 10, 2012, 9:35 AM [ in reply to in 2011 they won 11 games for the first time in a season ]

Nope ****

Dec 10, 2012, 8:43 AM

i'd say we pulled a Dabo....

Dec 10, 2012, 9:10 AM

Yes. We did. We fell right on our faces in front of national

Dec 10, 2012, 9:12 AM

Tv...at home. So yes we did!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2012, 9:24 AM

I don't if this means much in the big scheme of things, but Carolina has had the best two teams back to back that I have seen them have in my life. And I'm 66 years old. They are good. Better than Clemson right now. Particularly, their defense is hell on wheels and better than our offense. And that, is the simple truth.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

time have changed...

Dec 10, 2012, 9:27 AM

we avoided pulling a FSU...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, we were better and favored***

Dec 10, 2012, 9:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm no fan of the phrase itself

Dec 10, 2012, 10:28 AM

But, assuming it to mean a loss to a clearly inferior opponent, I can't imagine any same individual would see that game as applying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic