Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did we have under achieve with Watson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Did we have under achieve with Watson?

Jan 20, 2017, 10:55 PM

Looking back at his greatness it's hard not to think that 3 straight Nattys was realistically possible. I know this is being kind of greedy but just imagine what could of been had he not been hurt in 2014 and our defensive leadership was better in 2015.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did we have under achieve with Watson?

Jan 20, 2017, 11:00 PM

The shine wore off of that latest trophy real quick for you didn't it...lol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2017, 11:04 PM

Lol It really hasn't but I see how it can be viewed that way. Hope no one takes this post the wrong way but D Dub is all time great which is why the question is legit imo

Yessir. DW absolutely lost the 1st Bama game by sitting his

Jan 20, 2017, 11:12 PM

### on the bench when our defense was on the field. Had he been a real player, he would have gone in at corner when Mack went down, and stopped those long TD's.

Re: Yessir. DW absolutely lost the 1st Bama game by sitting his

Jan 20, 2017, 11:16 PM

Or as I said in original post our defensive leadership could have been better. Can't really blame injuries if guys are running wide open

Re: Yessir. DW absolutely lost the 1st Bama game by sitting his

Jan 20, 2017, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Yessir. DW absolutely lost the 1st Bama game by sitting his ]

^^^^^^think we just found our new DL coach boys!!!!

Jan 20, 2017, 11:24 PM

Smdh

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

what? you talking about a 3rd pick QB.

Jan 20, 2017, 11:29 PM

no big deal.. right Mel?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 21, 2017, 12:08 AM

LOL

The people here at Tigernet is going to beat ridicule and beat your down for having a different point of view.

However, I'd like to chime in as well and say that I think it's one way of looking at it.

In 2014, if I remember correctly, we lost in overtime on 1st and goal at the 1 yard line in Tallahassee.

In 2015, DW4 threw that interception just when I thought we were about to take over the game.

It's one way of looking at it.

YeP...to ALL the above!

Jan 21, 2017, 12:15 AM

So close but so far but Gut eR Done just days ago and it was so swee!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2017, 12:50 AM

Not sure If brilliant troll post

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we maxed out.

Jan 21, 2017, 5:13 AM

I think if he came along and next year was his first year we could win 3 with him. With the timing of his arrival I think he maxed out.

Jan 21, 2017, 5:58 AM

I've thought along these same lines, but I think it really just goes to show how hard it is to win it all. You've got to have luck on your side and avoid injuries for the most part to take home the ultimate prize.

I'm 2014, had we made one more play vs FSU and won, and if DW doesn't get hurt @ GT then we probably do get into the playoff but I don't think we would've won it. Maybe not get blasted like FSU did that year but doubtful we'd have won it all.

Last year we just got out coached in the finals and were a play or two away there from winning it, but again that just shows how hard it is to go all the way.

Jan 21, 2017, 8:41 AM

This is the product of a post season mind coping with depression.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2017, 8:44 AM

Good grief

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2017, 10:01 AM

In a way I think in 2014 we under achieved because normally with a D like that, you're usually in the hunt.
UGA smoked us but we should have never lost to FSU and GT.
In 2015 no doubt we should have won the NC but could not play any D and Bama was not UNC.

No. You have to learn how to be a champion.

Jan 21, 2017, 11:57 AM

Look at Michael Jordan or premier athletes in other sports. They all got close, failed, then climbed the mountain and won eventually.

It is a process. Same was true for DW4 and Clemson.

Re: No. You have to learn how to be a champion.

Jan 21, 2017, 12:03 PM

Good point we had to learn how to win it all and that might mean almost winning it all a few times.

Jan 21, 2017, 12:00 PM

OL was bad in '14 and Watson got hurt so no. 15 we probably should have won it all. 16 we did. So yeah that's about it.

Ridiculous. We weren't good enough to win the Natty in

Jan 21, 2017, 12:09 PM

2014 even with a healthy Watson. We just plain lost at UGA and almost certainly would've lost even with Watson starting the entire game. Watson played all but like 1 series against FSU and it wasn't really the QB position that lost us that game. It was really a comedy of errors.

And i even wonder if we had won the CFP at 15-0 in 2015, would we have had that same drive in 2016. You could see late in the season just how much this team wanted another shot at Bama. Without that motivation do we even make the playoff? We've seen other teams recently struggle the next year after winning titles despite bringing back a big chunk of their teams. 2014 FSU, 2015 OSU...

York! I have really missed your insightful posts!!!***

Jan 21, 2017, 12:15 PM

two ACC championships

Jan 21, 2017, 12:25 PM

Two natty appearances, one win, several records broken, best senior class record in program history. Orange bowl, fiesta bowl, and many many many trophies.......so nah

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic