Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did everyone forget the "REAL" unemployment number?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Did everyone forget the "REAL" unemployment number?

Jul 7, 2019, 5:24 PM

The labor participation rate. Haven't gotten any updates on that since Barry left office.

FOR.

SOME.

REASON.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Did everyone forget the "REAL" unemployment number?

Jul 7, 2019, 5:38 PM

Really,labor participation is the real unemployment number huh? No, that would be U6, labor participation with aging boomers leaving the work force in droves to retire is largely meaningless. U6 is the best number we have on unemployment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hum...

Jul 7, 2019, 6:03 PM
U6 chart.PNG(45.4 K)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Did everyone forget the "REAL" unemployment number? ]

Annnnnd we move the goalposts again. Naturally.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Jul 9, 2019, 12:34 PM

No, I was trying to politely tell you that you are totally wrong. Maybe politeness will not work with you. Labor participation is not anywhere close to an UE indicator dummy. It reflects only the portion of employed out of total population and as such includes people not working due to being in school, housewives and retired folks. Good grief this is not that hard is it? I guess it is for SOME. As the rest of us boomers retire it is gonna get worse on labor participation. We are healthy ,for the most part and will be counted as not participating for a looooooong time.

Jul 9, 2019, 12:41 PM

As to preclude a stupid reply, yes I said the same thing to the other side when they used it with BHO. Plainly wrong is plainly wrong no matter who is in office.

Did you keep up with it while Barry was POTUS?***

Jul 7, 2019, 6:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sharp decline stopped when Trump took over.

Jul 7, 2019, 8:12 PM

Hasn't risen much, but it's leveled off. That means also that our jobs numbers are becoming more "real" and the increase in unemployment from 3.6 to 3.7% in the last update was due to more people who were not looking for work (who somehoe count as NOT unemployed), starting to look for work, instead of dropping out of the labor force by stopping looking for work. hth

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-labor-force-participation-rate.htm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As reported 330,000 reentered the workforce in June.

Jul 7, 2019, 11:13 PM

As you say, the UE number is becoming more accurate and reliable a factor which Obama didn't have since most of those people and millions more were taken off the rolls during his time in office. I'm not saying the horrible economy which brought this on was all due to anything Obama did or didn't do.

I'm just saying it took Trump to make policy to cause their return to being counted.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic