Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney explains how White House trip came about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo Swinney explains how White House trip came about

Feb 6, 2019, 3:58 PM

Dabo Swinney explains how White House trip came about

The Fast Food hamburger buffet at the White House will be a memorable story for the Clemson Football players to tell with their grandchildren one day. Clemson h Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is right again, it IS an honor to go to the Whitehouse***

Feb 6, 2019, 6:37 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did anyone say it wasn't?***

Feb 6, 2019, 7:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were several ugly post disparaging the team...

Feb 6, 2019, 7:17 PM

by using them as pawns for politics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is an honor, but cool they gave players the option.

Feb 6, 2019, 9:31 PM

To not go if they didn't want.

Class act all around.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Did anyone say it wasn't?***

Feb 7, 2019, 7:16 AM [ in reply to Did anyone say it wasn't?*** ]

Unfortunately, yes, some did say that going was political and how could they and if I were in their shoes....blah blah blah. Mostly, I heard it from the media and social justice #########. Some of it was from this site, though. I did see Clemson people disparage Coach and players. Not a credit to our community.

Re: Did anyone say it wasn't?***

Feb 7, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Did anyone say it wasn't?*** ]

There was a story on the Internet reporting that the vast majority of the black players on the team did not attend the White House event, and that of the ones that did, they were mostly underclassmen who were afraid of jeopardizing their future playing time. Many are treating this story as "news" while I believe it to be a complete fabrication. The story gives some specific numbers that are almost impossible to reconcile with the official numbers given by the university. For instance, to reconcile the number of black players with the number of total players, then the number of white players in attendance would have to be 60+ which seems impossible. So I am convinced that someone is stirring up political tensions and playing the race card with some fabricated statistics.

For what it is worth, when asked a question about this story by a reporter, Deshaun Watson noted that he attended the White House in 2017 and that he basically leaves politics and religion out of such decisions. Good for Deshaun and good for Dabo for expressing a similar opinion.

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney explains how White House trip came about

Feb 6, 2019, 7:06 PM

:)

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney explains how White House trip came about

Feb 7, 2019, 7:25 AM

Regardless of who is in the White House, you show the dignity and respect of this institution by honoring the accomplishments of the team, alumni, coaches, professors, et al, by graciously accepting. You conduct yourself with class, as any Clemson person would, shake the Presidents hand and represent your school. Going there isnt solely about you. Its also about your school and everyone who has ever been involved; everyone else who has suited up or been involved in some way, and given you the opportunity to be there. All the social justice fruitloops who are says how they wouldnt go, are selfish ######## who are only thinking of themselves. They dont have what it takes to clean the dirt off of Christian Wilkins cleats, let alone represent anything good or decent.

I LOL all the sheeple that repeated the media...

Feb 7, 2019, 10:02 AM

...political nonsense that they were used by the WH and rushed up there because of the gubermint shutdown. TDS is real and the sheeple are highly susceptable. Glad Dabo could get them off the ledge.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic