Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did anyone notice the new Top 25?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Did anyone notice the new Top 25?

Sep 9, 2015, 3:37 PM

Alabama beats the crap out of Wisconsin who Ohio State beat the crap out of last year and moves to Number 2 in the poll. Wisconsin of course is still such a great team they stay in the top 25. Auburn beats Louisville and should have lost the game. They got outplayed. Louisville is no where to be found in the polls and Auburn is a playoff team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: gasp, let me grab my tinfoil hat before I read any furth

Sep 9, 2015, 3:39 PM

er

Re: Did anyone notice the new Top 25?

Sep 9, 2015, 3:46 PM

Never seen a 0-1 team move into the top 25

Louisville did not outplay Auburn...

Sep 9, 2015, 3:56 PM

Auburn was up 24-0 at the half. Louisville scored some cosmetic TD's in the second half but that's about it. I wanted Louisville to win because I hate Auburn but Louisville is a terrible team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes they did.***

Sep 9, 2015, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My favorite part is where you provided links to articles

Sep 9, 2015, 4:09 PM

of others opinions that support your argument

opinions don't require no citations.

Sep 9, 2015, 4:18 PM

This is America, bish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville did not outplay Auburn...

Sep 9, 2015, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Louisville did not outplay Auburn... ]

I think when we beat Louisville Thursday after next, we won't be beating a terrible team. Louisville blew a td and gave Auburn a td. That is a 14 point turnaround. And if Louisville is so bad then why would Auburn be picked to be in the playoffs, since Alabama is going to beat down on them.

while you point to Louisville mistakes...

Sep 9, 2015, 5:57 PM

Auburn threw 3 picks. That's a rare thing. Look, I hate Auburn and wanted them to fail, but anyone who says Louisville outplayed them either has no concept of football or only watched the last quarter when Auburn was in prevent salting away their big lead.

Louisville is not a terrible team IMO....

Sep 9, 2015, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Louisville did not outplay Auburn... ]

In fact, if they hold on to the ball and do not effectively gift Auburn 14 points, Louisville is likely in position to win the game.

Of course, were "ifs" and "buts" candy and nuts, Gamechoke fans would all have a much merrier Christmas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think that they are...

Sep 9, 2015, 5:54 PM

they were the last team we played before opening week this year and they were the worst team we played all year. If we weren't sloppy and beat up it could have been much worse of a blowout than it already was.

Re: Louisville did not outplay Auburn...

Sep 9, 2015, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Louisville did not outplay Auburn... ]

Are you joking? It was a 7 point game. Auburn was up 17-0 at the half (not 24-0) while being outgained by Louisville 172-124. For the game, Louisville outgained Auburn 405-327.

Louisville deserved to lose because they made so many self-inflicted crippling mistakes, but they're certainly not a terrible team.

24-0 Auburn...

Sep 9, 2015, 5:52 PM

early in the third quarter, you're right it wasn't that at half but was in the 3rd quarter which proves my point more.

Re: 24-0 Auburn...

Sep 9, 2015, 6:10 PM

I'm not sure how that further proves your point? Even after scoring that first touchdown in the second half, the yardage was only 199-172 in favor of Auburn. The fact of the matter is Auburn was dominating the scoreboard while not dominating the game. They were both making lots of mistakes--a very sloppy game--but Louisville's mistakes were biting them more. As a result, Auburn deserved to win the game, but it's hard to suggest one team is much better than the other.

You called Louisville's touchdowns "cosmetic"...what does that make Georgia's first two touchdowns? Blind luck?

Let me say this one more time.

Sep 9, 2015, 3:58 PM

1. Preseason rank as many SEC teams as can fit into the top 25.

2. Tout everything and SEC does as positive for the conference and their program.

3. Move SEC teams up when they beat the creampuff during the early season until the top ten is crammed full.

4. As the SEC teams start playing each other proclaim the winners Playoff worthy and the losers as beaten up by playing only top 10, or 25 as it may be, teams.

5. Buy or provide a Playoff Selection Committee a nice place to meet.

6. Have a mock POC meeting with plenty of ESPiN talking heads spinning steps 2-4 and influence the process by laying out plenty of SEC favor spin.

7. Give them plenty of 'recreational,' activities so they'll believe your analysis.

Clearly, it worked:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can a 0-1 team lose their way into the top 25?

Sep 9, 2015, 3:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can a 0-1 team lose their way into the top 25?

Sep 9, 2015, 4:07 PM

They can't, but how can Alabama move up in the polls beating a slow Wisconsin team, and not even be picked to go to playoffs when Auburn supposedly beats a bad Louisville team and is picked to go to the playoffs.

Re: How can a 0-1 team lose their way into the top 25?

Sep 9, 2015, 4:27 PM

First step is ranking any SEC team...wait, evidently you missed the message.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17756058

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miss State lost its way into the Orange Bowl last year....

Sep 9, 2015, 4:34 PM [ in reply to How can a 0-1 team lose their way into the top 25? ]

After losing two of its last three games (including a blowout loss to Ole Miss in he season finale), they actually moved up in the final poll to secure an Orange Bowl invitation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

then got pounded by GT in the bowl. Now they are

Sep 9, 2015, 4:57 PM

right back in the top 25 after a hum-drum win over Southern Miss (3-10 last year). But there is no bias.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Did anyone notice the new Top 25?

Sep 9, 2015, 4:33 PM

Let's see how long Aw-burn stays up there with Must-chomp leading the defense.

Until they play Bama if ESPiN is lucky.

Sep 9, 2015, 4:39 PM

Even if Bama has two losses winning against a team ranked that high that late in the season will influence the POC and the hope is that AU wins the CCG and both make the Playoffs.

Suits me. The sooner they cram two SEC teams in there the sooner the POC get embarrassed enough to ignore ESPiN and do their own evaluations.

What a joke - if Auburn is the 6th best team in the country,

Sep 9, 2015, 5:01 PM

then Louisville is 8th or 9th at the worst. But of course, Auburn is NOT the 6th best team in the country. Maybe 15-16 at best.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic