Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did anyone else get an email from IPTAY that they were going
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,131

Did anyone else get an email from IPTAY that they were going

Aug 2, 2013, 10:25 AM

to change your season tickets from the original email that was sent out a week or two ago? I've got 4 seats in the upper deck and my donation is $200 short of the combined seat equity price (Different rant, but $400 for a seat in the upper deck is just robbery). I knew that going in I could lose the tickets, but once I got the confirmation email, I figured I was ok. Seems like bad practice on the part of the IPTAY/Ticket office to send out a note with seats and then to change them after the fact. Also, if they are going to start switching folks seats at the last minute, how are they going to fill in the gaps? Are they just going to move me to an empty seat and let my seats be individual game tickets (and thus empty for all but 2 games this year?)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, someone that values those seats more than you

Aug 2, 2013, 10:31 AM

and pays the full seat equity price ALREADY HAS THEM!

Got to pony up people.....supply and demand is the rule

I get the supply and demand, and if someone wants those

Aug 2, 2013, 11:18 AM

seats, so be it. I'm just annoyed that they told me my seats were not moving and then changed their mind. It wasn't like I called and asked to find out. The ticket office sent the email out of their own free will.

Yeah that's pretty crappy

Aug 2, 2013, 11:21 AM

the only think I can think of is maybe it was an automated email that wasn't supposed to go out.

I did too

Aug 2, 2013, 11:08 AM

I got that email too. Trying to figure out what to do but when I called yesterday I was told to pay the $840 difference or I could get a refund on my tickets. Those were the options. It's absurd. They value my upper deck ticket 1/3 way up on the 25 yard line more than most lower deck tickets. (It was a 186% increase this year. Almost triple. An increase is fair, but this is overvaluing our seats and there were only a few 100 seats affected like this.) What's worse is on my ticket application I noted that if they had to move me to a location within my IPTAY level, to go ahead and I noted my preferences. I also raised my donation from $700 to $760 this year to make sure I still qualified for the red area literally the row behind my seats. They didn't move me... so I don't see how this is my problem and not theirs. If there's a high donor in the lower deck sitting in a red or purple area seat which I qualify for and wants my orange level $400/seat upper deck seats, I would be glad to switch with them! But there isn't!

Let me know what ends up happening with your tickets and I'll do the same. Good luck.

If you live close to Clemson then go in person

Aug 2, 2013, 11:23 AM

My family has always had much more success dealing with IPTAY and the ticket office in person than on the phone or through email.

Thats total BS***

Aug 2, 2013, 12:00 PM [ in reply to I did too ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I paid $300 more

Aug 2, 2013, 1:14 PM

than my level calls for and got moved 5 seats closer to where I wanted to be. Question: Doesn't the IPTAY brochure indicate that you must at least stay at same level to get the same seats?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I paid $300 more

Aug 2, 2013, 1:41 PM

Answer: The brochure said for our four tickets which were $540 minimum last year would be replaced with a $1600 minimum for our upper deck seats. (This is no joke or exaggeration) On my ticket application, I asked to be moved to some seats within my $760 donation as I felt $1600 for upper deck seats was ridiculous, they didn't move me... Why then should my tickets be held hostage for another $840? I do not want anything I didn't pay for, but since they didn't move me back ONE ROW into a level that I paid for, why should I now have to choose between a refund or being moved the the corner of the upper deck BEHIND non-IPTAY people?

Doesn't seem right to me. Maybe

Aug 3, 2013, 12:09 PM

the new IPTAY director is messing with applications.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't gotten one ... but my last name starts with a

Aug 2, 2013, 1:25 PM

letter near the end of the alphabet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,131
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic