Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did DJ Reader decide not to play baseball in 2013?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,365

Did DJ Reader decide not to play baseball in 2013?

Aug 13, 2013, 12:52 PM

Just wondering what the scoop here was.

I do feel his future is FB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is leaning that way but will talk to parents first.***

Aug 13, 2013, 12:55 PM

Dabo Swinney

Aug 13, 2013, 1:00 PM

Ya know,
Dabo has always been open to letting kids play multible sports, as long... as they're not be wasted in the other. And I'm not sure if he was really being used in baseball.

J/S

Re: He is leaning that way but will talk to parents first.***

Aug 13, 2013, 1:21 PM [ in reply to He is leaning that way but will talk to parents first.*** ]

His dad is a big baseball fan and doesn't even like football, so if his parents have anythings to do with it he will keep playing baseball. My neighbor went to High School with him and told me that DJ's dad told him not to expect for him to come to any of his football games. How a father can do or say something like that is beyond me, but DJ is a good kid regardless.

Hard to believe

Aug 13, 2013, 2:10 PM

I talked with DJ's parents at several baseball games and while they both will tell you that his dad enjoys baseball more and mom enjoys football more, I find it hard it believe that they would both be sitting in the stands knowing he would barely see the field in baseball and they wouldn't both be sitting in the stands to see him get a large amount of playing time in football. I could be wrong but his dad did not seem like that kind of parent. They are both great people.

Re: Did DJ Reader decide not to play baseball in 2013?

Aug 13, 2013, 12:57 PM

2013 ? A little late to talk to them about whether or not he should play?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok!

Aug 13, 2013, 1:01 PM

HOWS THAT!

He DID play in 2013***

Aug 13, 2013, 2:28 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just

Aug 13, 2013, 4:23 PM

Harder to make it in baseball, with so much failure built in to the game and needing specific tools combined with needed production over a long period of time before you even get a sniff of the bigs, and that's if you don't have a stud in front of you.

If I'm him I'd try baseball one more year, if he gets to see the field then it warrants a decision, if not just stick with FB IMHO.

imho, he should concentrate on football now. if that doesn't

Aug 13, 2013, 5:04 PM

pan out, he will most likely get a shot in the minor leagues with some team, which he would do if he played both sports next year and the year after, anyway! we've seen it happen a good bit where a guy played cfb and a pro career didn't pan out, only to go to mlb and get a shot for a few years. some however, do both- jeff szimairdjia comes to mind ( heck with spelling that name!) but he was a wr at nd, and now pitches for the chicago cubs.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,365
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic