Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dexter Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,410

Dexter Lawrence

May 26, 2015, 7:36 PM

Anyone know much about recruit Dexter Lawrence. He'd be a huge pick up for us as a DT and he is close by (NC) but I see a lot of Projections saying FSU and Florida but haven't seen him say anything that would indicate that.

Are those services wrong or are is there something I don't know? Also, does anyone know chances on getting this guy/ how hard we are recruiting him. He'd be a great pick up to our 2016 class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long shot.***

May 26, 2015, 8:00 PM

My guess is he stays in-state or really close like Clemson***

May 26, 2015, 8:54 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: My guess is he stays in-state or really close like Clemson***

May 26, 2015, 9:35 PM

Ncsu fans feel pretty good bout this guy? Not sure myself plus working across from NCSU I don't want to hear their mouths bout a 5* committing to them.

What say you?

Clemson is more focused on trying to land R Smith's roommate, 4 star

May 26, 2015, 8:04 PM

DT and teammate at IMG who also hails from the Baltimore region, like Rashaun.

Re: Clemson is more focused on trying to land R Smith's roommate, 4 star

May 26, 2015, 8:30 PM

No Clemson wants this kid bad. He just really hasn't started his recruiting yet. If we can get him to come to camp that would be huge. UNC feels really good about him, but with there problems that could really hurT. I would think a 2 year bowl ban and loss of scholarships is coming. The bowl ban is huge for kids no free stuff and vacation plus can't play for anything.

Of course we'd take the #1 DT

May 26, 2015, 8:33 PM

Just not sure how much interest has been reciprocated up to this point.

Re: Of course we'd take the #1 DT

May 26, 2015, 8:42 PM

R. Smith's roommate is a 2017 recruit. Lawrence is a 2016 recruit. Lawrence is not the national number 1 DT in most services - Gray is and we're on him.

Lawrence hasn't been too interested in his recruiting - yet.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dexter Lawrence bio-

May 26, 2015, 8:40 PM

Here's what I have on him for his bio. If you'd like the complete 2016 DL/DE (or the whole thing) list TMail me.

DT- Dexter Lawrence 6-5 310 Wake Forest, NC WFHS

24/7 5* No. 3 DT, 14 overall. A 5* guy from Rivals, # 2 DT and #9 overall. 5* from 24/7, #3 DT, #4 overall. CU was the first to offer. He was on campus for the 2013 Clemson vs UGA game. Worth noting that his mother would prefer it if he stayed closer to home. Holds offers from Fla, FSU, Miami, Mich, MichSt, UNC, Ark, NCSU, scar, and others. "We knew he was big, and we knew that he could be a great high school football player when he came here in the ninth grade,” said Wake Forest coach Reggie Lucas. “But he has gotten a lot better. He is really big, strong and surprisingly quick for someone that size.” Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/12/11/5378876/wake-forests-big-lineman-has-huge.html#storylink=cpy

A fan of who?- "My childhood favorite team was the Gators. I kind of grew up around that area, and my granddad lives (in Ocala)and he's a Gators fan," Lawrence said.

Film-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAhvKbk005Y

The latest- Received an invite to Nike's 'The Opening Camp'. Also just received a nomination for the US Army AA Game. Visited NC State in April. Should be attending camp here this summer. He has visited UNC and plans on visiting Ark, Ole Miss, and Bama.

What he's looking for in a school- "Just if the schools are family-oriented, if they do things together," Lawrence said. "All of the coaches into every day and on you, because that's what I'm in right now at my high school.

"All the coaches, if they're religious. Playing as a true freshman, I just want to go somewhere I can play as a freshman."

For video highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1728960/dexter-lawrence-ii

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,410
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic