Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Devyn Ford : RB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Devyn Ford : RB

Apr 18, 2018, 11:03 AM

With the commitment of Mellusi , how do we stand now with Ford out of Va ?
I know he has an offer , but does anyone have any scoop on that kid ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Devyn Ford : RB

Apr 18, 2018, 11:12 AM

Not sure of status with Ford but we need at least 2 RBs this cycle. We will only have 3 RBs on roster(scholarship) in 2019

Feasted Sr
ET Jr *potential leave early 4 draft
Dixon So

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2018, 11:54 AM

Should be 4 RBs on the roster, you left off the recent commit, Mellusi.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Devyn Ford : RB- in this cycle are we

Apr 18, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Devyn Ford : RB ]

the in or out? I've lost track. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2018, 11:13 AM

That ship has probably sailed. Hearing VT, Ohio State and Penn State as primary contenders.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2018, 11:18 AM

I do not know, some sources have been suggesting he is a VT lean. It will be interesting to see if he stays that way or if we improve our standing, but I am not holding my breath. The other offer we have out is Noah Cain. He is originally from Texas, but plays for IMG at the moment. I am not sure of our standing with him.

Apr 18, 2018, 11:49 AM

Cain has said Texas is his leader. If we can get him in for a visit we've always got a shot though.

Apr 18, 2018, 11:51 AM

I think he will come play with his teammates here at Clemson.... why wouldn’t he? What does Texas have to offer?

Apr 18, 2018, 12:02 PM

I mean it's possible I guess but he's been making unofficials to a lot of other places not named Clemson and there's a reasonable shot we may never get one of the 5 officals.

A name to look out for is Jerrion Ealy, who's currently committed to Ole Miss. He's projected as a potential top 10 MLB draft prospect so there's a shot he never goes to college, but he says he wants to go and play both sports which could give us an advantage on a team like Bama.

Quavaris Crouch - #1 RB out of Charlotte

Apr 18, 2018, 12:20 PM

I've heard folks saying we want him to play LB in college---never seen in on 'Net so IDK about this rumor, but I can't imagine switching positions even though he evidently is a really good LB.

https://247sports.com/Player/Quavaris-Crouch-92997

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article201091654.html

Re: Quavaris Crouch - #1 RB out of Charlotte

Apr 18, 2018, 12:24 PM

He wants to play LB. There's better career longevity and in the NFL tradition off-ball linebackers can still get paid.

Re: Quavaris Crouch - #1 RB out of Charlotte

Apr 18, 2018, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Quavaris Crouch - #1 RB out of Charlotte ]

CDOACHMAC HAS SPOKEN. NOTHING MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID.

put him in on the goalline.. a more agile Christian Wilkins

Apr 18, 2018, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Quavaris Crouch - #1 RB out of Charlotte ]

on offense as well.

Penn State, Va Tech or Ohio State

Apr 18, 2018, 12:24 PM

Ohio State has a serious chance here. Urban Meyer and Larry Johnson are putting a full court press on him lately and his recent visit to Columbus sounds like a huge success. The Buckeyes also get his last official visit- which could prove to be huge.

Ford's former teammate, Nana Asiedu, is making a strong push for him to join him at Penn State. You may recall Asiedu as being a former Clemson recruit before we backed off when making the press for Jackson Carman.

Virginia Tech is doing a solid job of trying to get those instate guys to stay home. Fuentes is a wonderful recruiter and he'll do what he can to retake that 757 pipeline. The Hokies recently hosted Ford at their spring game. While there is hope for the Hokies, the presence of Buckeyes assistant Larry Johnson and his strong ties to the area as well as his relationship with Ford, Ford’s coaches and Ford’s family are reasons for Hokies fans to feel nervous.

Re: Penn State, Va Tech or Ohio State

Apr 18, 2018, 1:17 PM

TigerBry, any insight into where we stand recruiting OL? I am not seeing us listed with many top flight OL on 247, etc.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OL recruiting is a tricky thing to project

Apr 18, 2018, 2:18 PM

The offensive line position is perhaps the most difficult to project at the next level for many reasons. It's one position where you shouldn't get to caught up on rankings. For every Mitch Hyatt you'll find a Taylor Hearn or Tremayne Anchrum.

I'd certainly keep an eye on Keiondre Jones (6-4 315) of Hogansville, GA. He made three trips to Auburn this year and they've got a close proximity to his home. . “Being 45 minutes away from my house,” Jones said. “It’s hard to beat that.” Florida is another player for him as his cousin, Emory Jones, will be playing QB there. But I wouldn't rule out Clemson, Bama or Georgia for his services. A player close with him recently tabbed Clemson as his leader- for what that's worth.

Adrian Medley (6-4 300) of Pensacola, FL might be another to watch. He was here for junior day with some teammates and would like to return with his mother.

Harry Miller is perhaps the highest rated guy that we're in on and his top five consist of of Georgia, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Stanford. Ohio State is making a huge press but it's hard to rule out Georgia. However, he's made several visits to Clemson and his mother appears to have enjoyed her time here.

The ship seems to have sailed on Wanya Morris (6-5 295) of Loganville, GA. He's part of the "Grayson Four" that will be committing on May 1st. He's down to Auburn and Tennessee. Owen Pappoe (Georgia), Kevin Harris (Miami?), and Kenyatta Watson (Texas or ND) are the other three.

Another name I'd watch is Andrew Kristofic (6-5 255) of Gibsonia, PA. He seems to be warming up to us and his top schools probably consist of Clemson, Notre Dame, Wisconsin and Ohio State. Clemson hosted him during the first week of April and he was there all day Friday April 5th with his mother and sister. They visited the facilities, went to a team meeting and watched practice that day. They also met with Robbie Caldwell and spent an hour or so with Dabo.

There are several others and I'll expand upon those folks in my next recruiting update.

Re: OL recruiting is a tricky thing to project

Apr 18, 2018, 10:09 PM

Wanya Morris and Pappoe to Auburn, Kevin Harris to Bama, and Kenyetta Watson most likely to Texas

I believe Penn st received a commitment from Rickey slad a running back from

Apr 18, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Penn State, Va Tech or Ohio State ]

right here where I live. that could play into things as well.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/recruiting-insider/wp/2017/02/03/five-star-hylton-rb-ricky-slade-verbally-commits-to-penn-state/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe Penn st received a commitment from Rickey slad a running back from

Apr 18, 2018, 10:11 PM

that was last year's class, February 2017...

Apr 18, 2018, 3:31 PM

Looks like Virginia tech or Penn State right now.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic