Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LOOK: Deshaun Watson baptized in the Jordan River
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: LOOK: Deshaun Watson baptized in the Jordan River

Jun 21, 2019, 8:51 AM

LOOK: Deshaun Watson baptized in the Jordan River

It's the offseason in the NFL, and Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is undoubtedly making the most of it. Watson has been in Israel this week as he tou Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: LOOK: Deshaun Watson baptized in the Jordan River

Jun 21, 2019, 9:07 AM

:)

Jun 21, 2019, 9:16 AM

Just one of my favorite people. Football and Clemson not withstanding. He is just such a good guy and well grounded fellow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2019, 9:31 AM

So true. I sure didn't have it together like this young man at such a young age (case could be made I still don't - Ha!) - not even taking into account all the craziness of being a starting QB in the NFL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Devoted Follower of Christ

Jun 21, 2019, 9:38 AM

We are so happy for you, Deshaun! It’s encouraging to see you keep God at the center of your life. May He give you many more great experiences there that last a lifetime and are shared with many others who have yet to know the joy you have found in Christ.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Devoted Follower of Christ

Jun 21, 2019, 9:40 AM

Amen.

And to think what he plans to do after NFL with his charities

Jun 21, 2019, 10:25 AM

and earlier plans to help others around SC & Ga and probably "now" Worldwide!

Wow, much of his love for others came from a loving Mother who won a Habitat for Homes dwelling which was supported by an ex-FSU NFL player who helped beat Clemson years earlier!

It's a small but most interesting World, 4-sure!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2019, 2:29 PM

uhmmm....I'm an Episcopalian, so maybe things work differently with his sect, but hasn't Deshaun been practicing Christian for roughly 25 years now? How is he being baptized in the Jordan river?

Jun 21, 2019, 4:17 PM

uhmmm....I'm an Episcopalian, so maybe things work differently with his sect, but hasn't Deshaun been practicing Christian for roughly 25 years now? How is he being baptized in the Jordan river?

I going assume this was symbolic, because a fundamental principle of Christianity is one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

Jun 21, 2019, 4:32 PM

Being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ is OK with no matter what you practice if you are a true believer in Jesus and that he is our only lord and savior put on this earth by God the creator of all things on earth and the Heavens!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Deshaun Watson baptized in the Jordan River ]

It's really pretty simple. Just lean back until you're fully submerged, then rise back up. It's symbolic for Deshaun at this point. Many Christians are baptized again at the Jordan, just to share in the place where Jesus was baptized.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baptism is simply a symbol of you're transformation

Jun 21, 2019, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: LOOK: Deshaun Watson baptized in the Jordan River ]

from old to new. I don't think Jesus said anything about it being a one time event. Many people were baptized as a youngster and later in life develop a clearer understanding of what it means to surrender to Christ. In my opinion we all could use as many baptism as we need. Its simply you're announcement to the world around you that God has changed you're nature. Its a public declaration. Its not magic.

Also, who passes down a chance to be baptized where Jesus was Baptized..? You kidding me? And the simple fact that Jesus was baptized shows you that baptism is not for just new believers? He never sinned so he didn't need to be baptized for the sake of salvation. He was fulfilling prophecy for one thing but was also serving as an example to his disciples.

Jun 21, 2019, 3:41 PM

A great step forward for you my brother in Christ Jesus.
DW, I've known from the first time I saw you at Clemson
that you are a good man. Bless you, my brother.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude this is awesome. What an epic experience!***

Jun 21, 2019, 4:16 PM

Jun 21, 2019, 4:23 PM

Having a lot of money can be very rewarding when used like that. One of my biggest want to visit places is the ruins in Athens Greece, and the Roman Coliseum, actually visiting anything ancient Roman and the Ruins of Athens Greece would be one of, if not the biggest highlights of my life time!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2019, 12:01 AM

I believe this was his way of telling the "Man Upstairs" that he is "All In"....

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic