Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Devastating news out of New Zealand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 638

Devastating news out of New Zealand

Mar 14, 2019, 11:04 PM

Looks like there as an active shooting at a Mosque just now in Christchurch, NZ. Possibly as many as 3 attacks. The shooter live streamed it on facebook and people are saying that the fatality numbers could be "catastrophic" .

Still a developing story as I post this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Devastating news out of New Zealand

Mar 14, 2019, 11:18 PM

Savages

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Changing my fb bacground to this, preyars sent

Mar 14, 2019, 11:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2019, 11:59 PM

Awful situation . Maybe we can send Beto over there . Dude says he's ready to save the world .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 men and 1 woman in custody

Mar 15, 2019, 12:40 AM

I say just kill them on the spot. Do NOT give them media coverage so they can push their agenda and #### like that. That's the poison that keeps these attacks going for all the sick ##### out there who martyrize them.

Mar 15, 2019, 7:43 AM

Where was he radicalized?

"Today" reported he was from Australia***

Mar 15, 2019, 8:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Fox news***

Mar 15, 2019, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Devastating news out of New Zealand ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks more like a 4chan sicko***

Mar 15, 2019, 10:00 AM

Re: Looks more like a 4chan sicko***

Mar 15, 2019, 10:08 AM

well sicko being the operative term. But you have to admit that the crazies seem to to be focusing all of their anger on certain groups these days.

He definitely has genuine racist beliefs that led to this

Mar 15, 2019, 10:37 AM

but his manifesto and video is pure "meme" baiting. It's loaded with irony and sarcastic agendas. It's the kind of stuff the 4chan groups feed off of it. We have had examples of shooters being influenced by the same type of 4chan stuff before (the Parkland shooter, the Greek Orthodox Texas school shooter) but this appears to be the most extreme example yet. This guy did everything he possibly could to check off political media buzzwords.

I have no idea what you call it. Some have said it is a form of "right wing accelerationism" where they intentionally want the left to get power and therefore have the right respond more violently, swing the pendulum more extreme in both directions in other words. It's dangerous as hell stuff as this shooting shows and there are a disturbing amount of individuals online who will think it's funny and "meme" the shooting.

He made money off crypto and traveled to SE Asia.

Mar 15, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Devastating news out of New Zealand ]

But I would bet the internet did it.

Mar 15, 2019, 10:02 AM

So the shooter listed among his inspirations Anders Breivik and Donald Trump. He said Trump is "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose."

Are we going to acknowledge that the world increasingly views us as a dangerous nation? Or are we too busy winning?

As a person who strongly dislikes Trump... this guy

Mar 15, 2019, 10:58 AM

was radicalized by his own DNA and people on message boards who talk about Islam being a murderous religion and a mortal threat to the world. He's a terrorist, but attacks like this one are generally done by crazy, paranoid people who have been indoctrinated.

Trump sucks and he definitely contributes to Islamophobia, but I don't see the US deserving blame for this. And making it an American political argument is stupid and not helpful. The US deserves blame for plenty, but Islamophobia and crazy murderers don't originate here.

True. It's not unique to the USA

Mar 15, 2019, 11:26 AM

an Australian Senator made vile comments after the attack last night. He deleted most of them but it was bad.

https://twitter.com/fraser_anning/status/1106432499704451072

I saw that. THAT is is the type of thing that is definitely

Mar 15, 2019, 11:27 AM

responsible for mass shootings. He is clearly a terrorist sympathizer just like some whack-job sheik at a Pakistani madrasa justifying terror attacks there.

Replies: 15
| visibility 638
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic