Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Instant Analysis: Clemson 38, Virginia Tech 17
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Instant Analysis: Clemson 38, Virginia Tech 17

Oct 20, 2012, 3:24 PM

Instant Analysis: Clemson 38, Virginia Tech 17

Clemson's offense struggled, but the Tigers forced four Virginia Tech turnovers as the Tigers knocked Virginia Tech 38-17 in Death Valley Saturday afternoon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Instant Analysis: Clemson 38, Virginia Tech 17

Oct 20, 2012, 3:37 PM

I saw a D that was more aggressive but just not yet conistent. If things like tackling keep getting a little better each game, we have a chance of having only 1 loss by the SC game. That will be the real test for the defense.

Eh... the Scar offense is not that good... their defense is,

Oct 20, 2012, 9:51 PM

but not the offense.

Re: Eh... the Scar offense is not that good... their defense is,

Oct 21, 2012, 3:39 PM

The SC offense is far from consistent, but I don't think it would be wise for Clemson's defense to think it easy. After all, Shaw was almost perfect against Missouri and had a very good game against UGA. Mizzou is not stellar by SEC ranks, but their defense is STILL a few positions ahead of Clemson in points allowed. So.....

Despite the yards given uo the D played very well

Oct 20, 2012, 3:47 PM

the DL continues to be strong against the runa dn is FINALLY getting pressure on pposing QBs. THe secondary is still shaky but is getting a bit better in their coverage.

No one would have thought that our O could struggle in a game and our D could man up and bail us out and they did exactly that.

Re: Despite the yards given uo the D played very well

Oct 21, 2012, 3:47 PM

What? VT got almost 200 rushing yards and Ball State was allowed 250+ yards. The only team they held on the ground was BC but even BC was allowed 400+ yards total offense.

I'm still in the camp that says our O has to outscore our D. It is getting better, but only a little at a time. Tackling is still a huge, irritating problem.

I Just wanted to throw up. Seriously

Oct 20, 2012, 11:23 PM

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Was Chad calling plays or someone else? And what about running TB up the gut so many times? Did we ever establish our signature corner runs? NO. I'm not even sure we attempted more than 5 attempts at out running the Hokie D. The zone read turned vanilla and predictable. Not Chadlike at all.

Just sayin'.

Kind of harsh don't you think?

Oct 21, 2012, 10:02 AM

What I saw was a defense playing with heart, and making some big plays. I also saw an offense overcome some struggles and not falling apart like they have in the past. A win is a win whether in good fashion or ugly. Keep it up Clemson we have a chance of having our best season in a long time!!! GO TIGERS!!!!!

After 24 hours

Oct 21, 2012, 1:13 PM

You are right, I was kind of harsh. But no way should that game have been as close as it was. Our defense gave up 400+ yards to a suspect offense. Our "O" line was asleep at the wheel. That marvelous super fast offense looked like it partied all night.

Bill Elliot (NASCAR) was quoted after winning the Southern 500 once, "I would rather be lucky than good, any day".

This game, we were lucky. And, as so many have said, a win is a win. We can beat the coots, but not like that.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic