Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun Watson favorite to be Patriots QB in 2021
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,567

Deshaun Watson favorite to be Patriots QB in 2021

Mar 21, 2020, 6:08 PM

I figure we can all use a break from the COVID chat. I'm not sure if this has been discussed here already, but I saw some articles pop up mentioning that Deshaun is the betting favorite to be the Pats QB in 2021 (also worth noting TL is tied for second favorite). As a Massachusetts native who went to Clemson, I'd obviously be ecstatic if this were to come true. While I'm sure a lot of you aren't particularly fond of the Patriots, this would also be an amazing thing for Deshaun since Belichick, love him or hate him, may be the best coach of all time. Bill O'Brien continuously proves his ineptitude and I'd rather Deshaun get away from him.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/new-england-patriots/deshaun-watson-listed-as-betting-favorite-to-be-patriots-qb

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I am not a Patriot's fan . . .

Mar 21, 2020, 9:55 PM

I would be ecstatic for Deshaun to play for them . . . I fear for his future if he stays in Texas . . .

Sorry Houston, you can't be trusted with our guys anymore!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun Watson favorite to be Patriots QB in 2021

Mar 22, 2020, 7:53 AM

I hope not. I hate the pats. But also, they'll need weapons that they didn't have for the deflator.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 8:01 AM

I think Houston should trade him now possibly if they can get enough for him.

Mar 22, 2020, 2:23 PM

Looks like they wouldn't know how to do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 1:06 PM

Ironically, DeShaun signed with the Pats on my Madden 20 game LOL

In all seriousness, I'd definitely be torn about DW4 with the Pats. The Evil Empire getting another superstar QB and one that I've been a fan of since he stepped on Clemson's campus? Geeze, talk about complicated haha

As a Miami Dolphins fan, I WANTED to take him in 2017. I was hopeful that the Fins would be able to grab TLAW16 when he declared but it looks like this is the draft Miami goes QB in the 1st round.

DW4's situation in Houston is interesting. I think I read they could franchise tag him after next year so he could be sitting in Texan town for a minimum of 2 more years.

Anyways, here's to hoping DW4's circumstances get better.

Could y'all imagine a TLAW16 vs DW4 Super Bowl? A HUGE possibility we might see that come to fruition.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 1:37 PM

I know what you mean when it comes to being conflicted...aside from Dwayne Allen's short stint with the Pats, Brandon Ford is the only other Clemson guy we've ever had--and he was on the practice squad for a few weeks before being released. However I've seen a lot of our favorites go to the Bills (CJ, Sammy, Shaq, Ray Ray) and Dolphins (Christian, Tank) or New York teams (Dex, Gallman, Charone Peake, BJ Goodson, Leggett) ... of course I want them to do well but it stinks when they're all playing for divisional opponents/a New York team. Even when they're swapping teams, they're going intra-division (Shaq)!

We're now down a QB and I think it's time for the Patriots to finally have some luck bounce their way! (sarcasm)

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,567
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic