Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there an afterlife? Yes or No.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Is there an afterlife? Yes or No.

Nov 12, 2020, 7:30 AM

What do you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there an afterlife? Yes or No.

Nov 12, 2020, 7:32 AM

You go first, Yes or No?

Nov 12, 2020, 7:35 AM

I was having conversation telling someone I missed them who is dead and I just realized maybe I am open to the chance that there is one. I don't know.

Nov 12, 2020, 7:54 AM

I can tell you from my perspective, 100% yes. The reason that I do not fear death as I know my Lord has provided that opportunity for myself and others.

Nov 12, 2020, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Is there an afterlife? Yes or No. ]

I can tell you from my perspective, 100% yes. The reason that I do not fear death as I know my Lord has provided that opportunity for myself and others.

Depends on who you ask. Christians? Other faith based

Nov 12, 2020, 7:43 AM

teachers/believers? BUT whomever you listen to, please DO NOT let it be TNET spiritualists. And, if you come back as a cow please don't think you will be safe around this crowd - no matter where you moo around

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Nov 12, 2020, 7:52 AM

Yes, it’s called dead.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 7:55 AM

Without any evidence of an afterlife, I have to believe that when you are dead - that's it.

Nov 12, 2020, 8:44 AM

Without any evidence of an afterlife, I have to believe that when you are dead - that's it.

In fairness, you really don’t have evidence there isn’t one either? Right?

Nov 12, 2020, 9:37 AM

Touch,

That is absolutely true. But I base my beliefs on evidence. I cannot disprove unicorns, the Loch Ness monster, or Russell's teapot either. But i do NOT believe in all of the things i cannot disprove.

I believe the things for which there is empirical evidence.

I believe yes.

Nov 12, 2020, 8:00 AM

Even though I'm agnostic, I believe there is. I've had enough personal experiences to believe so. Can't prove it; I just believe it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

waitaminute........

Nov 12, 2020, 8:11 AM

Isn't that like saying "Even though I'm illiterate, I enjoy reading"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: waitaminute........

Nov 12, 2020, 8:15 AM

Nah, bruh, that would be an atheist.

An agnostic is more like, "Man, I think there might be some good books out there."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

ahhh, ok, in a more direct analogy, I just thought

Nov 12, 2020, 8:35 AM

it was saying "I don't know enough to believe X" but following up with "I believe in a pretty major subset of X"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ahhh, ok, in a more direct analogy, I just thought

Nov 12, 2020, 8:52 AM

Well, I'm pretty open to a lot of possibilities, and I just can't subscribe to one. I don't think Christianity really got it right but I can entertain the idea of a God. It also seems more likely there would be an after life as opposed to none, and there is some scientific evidence that points to it as well.

Then, finally, I've had enough of what I believe to be paranormal experiences to make me believe.

Re: I believe yes.

Nov 12, 2020, 8:20 AM [ in reply to I believe yes. ]

I am Christian and the reason I say Yes is very similar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 8:37 AM

There are a lot of reasons why I don't believe in organized religion, but one big reason is they never mention our dogs in Heaven.

Nov 12, 2020, 10:02 AM

I wouldn't think dogs would be in heaven.

Nov 12, 2020, 10:08 AM

What? Why not?

Nov 12, 2020, 10:22 AM

I think it gives dog lovers peace to think their dog will join them in Heaven. I don't think anything in the Bible suggests it or that dogs, or any other animal, have souls. If dogs are there wouldn't other pets would be there too? If one person's dog is there, wouldn't another's pet snake, tarantula, or ant farm? Pretty soon, Heaven seems like a fairly infested place.

Nov 12, 2020, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I believe yes. ]

I hope what ever you need or want will be in heaven or that is the way I see it.

Nov 12, 2020, 8:15 AM

Yes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there an afterlife for humans other than #### sapiens

Nov 12, 2020, 8:36 AM

like Neanderthal or #### Erectus? Neanderthals are most likely a different branch, but if you go back far enough your great x 100,000 grand parents were likely #### erectus.

What about dogs and fleas. Do they have an afterlife too?

I think once you are dead you are dead and there is no more for all living organisms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there an afterlife for humans other than #### sapiens

Nov 12, 2020, 8:50 AM

Hmmm...that's tough. A fleas's heaven is on a dog. In a dog's heaven there are no fleas.

Re: Is there an afterlife for humans other than #### sapiens

Nov 12, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Is there an afterlife for humans other than #### sapiens ]

Neal,

Finally, something upon which we can agree.

Nov 12, 2020, 8:56 AM

It is hard believe there are so many non Christian on this board. Does this question really need an answer? You are going either up or down. I choose going up but that is me.

Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM

That would explain a lot.

Nov 12, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Is there an afterlife? Yes or No. ]

It would be great if it were that simple.

Nov 12, 2020, 9:00 AM

Trust me it is that simple.

Nov 12, 2020, 9:14 AM

With your posting record on this board, it's hard to lend any trust.

Nov 12, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Is there an afterlife? Yes or No. ]

OC,

Did you just say, "trust me." ???

You don't have to be a Christian...

Nov 12, 2020, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Is there an afterlife? Yes or No. ]

To believe in the after life. It's also okay if someone is not a Christian.

No. No afterlife. Just like you are not aware

Nov 12, 2020, 9:09 AM

of anything before you were born, you will not be aware of anything after you are dead because you didn't exist before you were born and you no longer exist after being dead.

It's tough for our consciousness to wrap itself around the idea of it no longer existing so humans for millennia have decided that there must be another consciousness after we are dead.

Really it's just comforting to think that the people we love who are no longer here are somewhere else when in reality they aren't.

But the best part of not believing in an afterlife is it makes this one shot that much more special.

I like your funny words magic man

Of course I could be completely wrong***

Nov 12, 2020, 9:10 AM

I hope you are...

Nov 12, 2020, 9:15 AM

But I can't say you're not. And honestly, what you described is perhaps my one real fear on this earth. What if it all just goes black when you're done?

I don't believe it to be so, but I also can't prove it's not.

Re: I hope you are...

Nov 12, 2020, 9:47 AM

Cat,

There is no need to fear death. You won't know anything about it. (see attached)

Re: I hope you are...

Nov 12, 2020, 10:07 AM

I wouldn't say I'm scare of death. I mean, it's inevitable. I'm just not cool if that's the finality of it. I'd like to hope there's something else out there.

Re: No. No afterlife. Just like you are not aware

Nov 12, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to No. No afterlife. Just like you are not aware ]

I guess that makes people that much more valuable here and now.

Exactly

Nov 12, 2020, 9:18 AM

This is the one shot we get. After this, nothing.

Eat the burger. Go on that vacation. Bang that hooker.

Can be both overwhelming and exhilarating.

Nov 12, 2020, 9:18 AM

I think lots of things will happen after I'm done being alive. But my brain won't be working at all so I won't be aware of any of it. (Actually not especially different from the current situation.)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I don’t know...no one does

Nov 12, 2020, 9:43 AM

But I hope there is. I think the human mind can’t imagine a lack of consciousness so it helps us cope to think/believe those we love have just moved on to something else instead of just ceased to exist. But again...I hope there is.

Re: I don’t know...no one does

Nov 12, 2020, 10:04 AM

BTM,

When I was a very young man, I lived in CA for a couple of years. While I was there, I studied a bit about Buddhism. I was not an adherent, but I was able to study it in detail.

I really liked the idea of reincarnation. I liked the idea of my consciousness continuing to exist over time. And I really liked the idea of being able to learn more about what is really important in life than seemed possible in a single lifetime. If I could live multiple lifetimes, perhaps I could really and deeply understand this wonderful world and everything in it.

However, as I grew older, the necessity of empirical evidence became more significant to me - otherwise anybody could believe whatever mystical bullyshitt that made them feel better - with no basis in reality. I had to give up my lovely belief in reincarnation because there was nothing to support it. I didn't want to continue to believe in that myth just because it made me feel better.

My life is better now. I follow Gandhi's advice (above). I allows me to deal with reality and to be purpose driven without having to believe in anything supernatural. This is an amazing planet and I am constantly fulfilled to be allowed to partake in its wonders for how ever long I am here.

Reincarnation may be real. It would make life even more wonderful if it was. But until I can sense some evidence for it, I am gong to make the most of THIS life and be grateful for what it provides us,

I'm betting yes and eternity is a LONG time...

Nov 12, 2020, 9:49 AM

I'm Christian, straight up. I believe the world was created by a Creator. I do not think we humans in our limited minds can fully understand it. But at a minimum there is an afterlife as I described in the first post on the topic below. That is indisputable. At a maximum it will be better than anything we can imagine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And regardless of one's beliefs, it is wise to make the most

Nov 12, 2020, 9:51 AM

of this life. And in this life we cannot go wrong following the teachings of Christ (not your Christians mind you, your Christ). It sets us up for a life of fewer regrets and a lot more of what is really important.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm betting yes and eternity is a LONG time...

Nov 12, 2020, 9:56 AM [ in reply to I'm betting yes and eternity is a LONG time... ]

It is hard to believe only a few of us are Christian. That would explain the world we live in today.

Nov 12, 2020, 9:58 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkWfRF8kSnc

Nov 12, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm betting yes and eternity is a LONG time... ]

OC,

I would love to see someone compare your views with those of Jesus.

Ain't skeert and I sho' ain't Jesus.***

Nov 12, 2020, 10:38 AM

Re: Ain't skeert and I sho' ain't Jesus.***

Nov 12, 2020, 11:52 AM

Me neither. They nailed Jesus on a cross and died for our sins. It's called faith. I try to be like Jesus but I am human. I ask forgiveness for things that I have done everyday. It's simple he died for your sins and just believe in him is all you have to do or not. God gave us a choice.

Nov 12, 2020, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm betting yes and eternity is a LONG time... ]

I think a lot of people who were on the fence about Christianity have jumped off seeing how conservative Christians have sold out on their "values" for Donald Trump.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 6:16 PM

Have you ever read the bible. God never uses the best people to do his work. He uses people that can get the job done.

Nov 12, 2020, 7:11 PM

I thought Jesus Christ was pretty close to perfect. I'll give you a chance to move the goalposts and modify your answer

Nov 12, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to I'm betting yes and eternity is a LONG time... ]

That is indisputable.

Eh, it's pretty disputable.

Did you read my post below in the first thread on the topic?

Nov 12, 2020, 10:48 AM

It's inarguable. Biological facts.

Nov 12, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to I'm betting yes and eternity is a LONG time... ]

I would be happy if it were just the same as it was, I don't need it to be better.

Welp, this thread just gave me anxiety

Nov 12, 2020, 10:00 AM

thanks a ton.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welp, this thread just gave me anxiety

Nov 12, 2020, 10:04 AM

I apologize. I spread my anxiety.

Well, if it helps any, the older you get and the

Nov 12, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Welp, this thread just gave me anxiety ]

ailments and regret pile up, opportunities slip away and generally are non existent, and the more you're probably going to be ready for the sweet of death.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no***

Nov 12, 2020, 10:08 AM

Re: no***

Nov 12, 2020, 10:17 AM

So, part of the reason why I asked is because I miss some people that have died. It got me thinking about life. I don't care about myself later but I also have a couple very successful buddies who don't have to worry about money anymore. They can do anything they want. What's the prob? They are cool dudes, have great wives, and one of them has a bunch of cool kids. They said they would want to be dead if they believed there was no heaven. They think life is nothing without faith. I was thinking, this may be all there is and I was thinking I want to be more extreme and max this life, but I also want to hope that this is not all there is. Bye the way, when I say max out this life, I was thinking maybe growing a bunch of weed and travelling around the US and the world too when they let that happen. Why not just wing it? First I want to go surfing in Mexico in mid January to mid February, because they don't care about Covid. Anyway...

I have no problem with any of that.

Nov 12, 2020, 10:31 AM

I'm all about doing what you can now, even if there is an afterlife, because you may not be able to do it then. And you may not want to do that stuff 5 years from now. There's a lot of stuff I'd probably be doing if I wasn't married, but it definitely wouldn't be the best for me in the long run. If you want to surf in Mexico, go do it. All I know is that usually you can get money, or time, but putting those two together is rare. Kinda sucks we spend all our lives working only to try and enjoy snippets of our lives at a time.

Afterlife? Lets be srs..religion was brought around to keep the poors and stupids in line. Eventually, people just believed it because their parents made them. Not many people really sit down and question what or why they believe what they do with any real investigation. Where exactly are all these souls stored in Heaven? Where is Heaven? Too many rules, too many stipulations, to many details that don't add up. Faith was conjured up so that folks could be more easily ruled and contained. Its pretty obvious when you look at it.

Its all a bunch of hoo-hah.

Re: I have no problem with any of that.

Nov 12, 2020, 10:36 AM

Yeah, but maybe religion is nonsense, but there is something else possibly. Just maybe? If we all live forever, how many spirits exits? It's getting kind of crowded maybe, I think I have come to the conclusion, make the most out of this life and for me not to be such a jerk.

Thats not a bad way to be.

Nov 12, 2020, 10:54 AM

I'm envious of folks who came to that realization years before me.

I find they smoke a lot more weed though.

Nov 12, 2020, 10:52 AM

Time is an illusion. You are living every moment of your life all at once and that continues indefinitely.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not just your own life currently but you'll live....

Nov 12, 2020, 3:34 PM

everyone's life that's ever existed and will exist. Eternity is forever. Then our collective consciousness will move to the next level and do it there....forever and ever....eternity.

Hell exists at times, as does heaven....its up to all of us.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not just your own life currently but you'll live....

Nov 12, 2020, 6:05 PM

That is how I figured out that tigermanac® is a closet homo.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Nov 12, 2020, 3:21 PM

You will live your current life a trillion times over experiencing every outcome. Then you'll reincarnate into everyone else's life and experience their's a trillion times over....living every possible outcome in this 3D world. Then you'll move to the next dimension and do the same there. Welcome to eternity! Better start treating your neighbor with kindness and making sure their quality of life is good....because you'll be experiencing their pain or suffering or pleasures soon enough.

Praise be!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes.

Nov 12, 2020, 6:02 PM

If you're evil, you will have to spend eternity in Williams-Brice stadium with 2001 playing over and over for ever and ever.

Nov 12, 2020, 6:17 PM

That is a good way to put it.

Nov 13, 2020, 1:46 AM

I am a Christian. I don't know anyone's heart, but I think some "christians" are looking for fire insurance. Not directed at anyone here... just my thoughts

Nov 13, 2020, 2:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes. ]

A question to ask is if there were no after life, would you still be a Christian?

Nov 13, 2020, 10:26 PM

I think once you have been filled with the holy spirt it would be hard not to be a Christian. Some have back slid like me but after trying everything else you come back to Christ.

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic