Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, at this point I think Dr Ford doesn’t testify.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 302

So, at this point I think Dr Ford doesn’t testify.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:06 AM

My guess is that they wanted to use the Dr Ford accusation to see if they could push out the vote until after the election, but knowing that the Republicans will eventually call their bluff, they’ll at least get to spin it with the whole “the Republicans wouldn’t even listen to this poor victim’s testimony”. Either way, I don’t think her testifying was ever something the Dems wanted. But we’ve got a couple days so we’ll see if she gets over her fear of flying.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Now that the PUBS have a female to do the queshoning

Sep 26, 2018, 7:47 AM

And they have probably unearthed some questionable behavior in her past, I tend to agree...

So 11 PUB senators hire a female for chain ...

Sep 26, 2018, 8:44 AM

queshoning of another woman while they watch.

There are so many places we could go with this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe a word Ford says...

Sep 26, 2018, 8:06 AM

until she speaks for herself. I doubt she will show. She may not have sanctioned this entire mess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are, of course, some real questions

Sep 26, 2018, 8:17 AM

And everyone should use caution in just blindly believing her or Kavanaugh.

But let's be honest. If this were an Obama appointee, and a woman came forward in the same fashion, you and all the Trumpies would be squealing in her favor.

It's all partisan hackery on both sides.

The smart thing to do is understand that we can't really prove both sides, and thus we have to simply err on the side of innocent until proven guilty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I support Kavanaugh's nomination.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:32 AM

You'll find nothing I've said to doubt the witness. What you may find is criticism for the dems' presentation including the perfect timing which confounds constitutionally lawful guidelines.

Pubs had not only constitutional right but lawful obligation to not bring Garland's nomination to the floor. Pubs controlled the process by the power of the people in fair elections.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I support Kavanaugh's nomination.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:22 AM

What you may find is criticism for the dems' presentation including the perfect timing which confounds constitutionally lawful guidelines.

It is, and whether she's telling the truth or not, the Dems are taking political advantage of it.

Pubs had not only constitutional right but lawful obligation to not bring Garland's nomination to the floor. Pubs controlled the process by the power of the people in fair elections.

Disagree. They also played cheap political games until the 2016 election.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I'd question why once in 36 years it hasn't been mentioned

Sep 26, 2018, 10:53 AM [ in reply to There are, of course, some real questions ]

kinda like the same thing I'm doing now.

Re: So, at this point I think Dr Ford doesn’t testify.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:31 AM

they wanted to get kavanaugh in front of the senate and try to catch him in a lie, because right now that is their only hope of delaying this thing any further and could give them grounds for judicial impeachment down the road, a huge stretch. Otherwise it is going to be utterly impossible to prove anything, and as we have learned from Clarence Thomas, Republicans do not care if they nominate an accused sexual predator, as long as he walks the party line.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we ready to abandon process of law?

Sep 26, 2018, 8:37 AM

At what point do we twist reason in our law enough that an allegation has the same merit as a guilty verdict?

Are we not all innocent until proven guilty? Does this not include men as well as women? Can we reason together?

Re: Are we ready to abandon process of law?

Sep 26, 2018, 10:12 AM

for one of the highest seats in our government, you would hope that there would be a little more scrutiny and that they would just pick another guy from an incredibly large pool of candidates that are in lock step with Kavanaugh's beliefs. But in this case we know why trump is sticking to his guns here, this is HIS guy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6 FBI investigation isn't enough?

Sep 26, 2018, 12:11 PM

It was enough for all the previous candidates except Thomas who had to play the race card to overcome the dems' nonsense.

We would be fools to walk away from this process based

Sep 26, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Are we ready to abandon process of law? ]

on this most flimsy of accusations. If a pathetic show like this...a 37 year old accusation of possible attempted rape during high school at a house she can’t remember, that she was at for a reason she can’t remember, with witnesses she identifies who say it never happened, with a letter to Congress that was held for several months until the vote, with absurd demands about FBI investigations and wanting to drive to the hearing (still can’t get over that)...if we were dumb enough to let that derail the Presidents nominee, we would deserve the $### show that would follow.

This isn’t working (I hope) because it is pathetic. It would be worse for the Democrats if it DID work, because turn-about is fair play in DC.

null

Depends on which team you pull for.***

Sep 26, 2018, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Are we ready to abandon process of law? ]

GO TIGERS!!

Her lie detector test results and testimony are due today.***

Sep 26, 2018, 10:56 AM

There is no such thing as a lie detector test.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:19 PM

We have no test which detects a lie. What the polygraph test determines is the reaction that a subject has to the question being asked. Sometimes the particular question itself will introduce or expose the subject to a something strange enough to trigger the subject enough to set off a reaction which the polygraph will indicate is a problem.

If I asked you why did you beat your wife your reaction would be such that the untrained reader might interrupt the results as a lie no matter what your answer. Of course that is a radical example but it expresses the logic behind the reason a 'lie detector,' is not admissible in a court.

Re: So, at this point I think Dr Ford doesn’t testify.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:35 PM

You can bet the farm that 1 of 2 things happen tomorrow:

1.) Ford testifies, or

2.) Reps. call off the hearing because of new information provided by Ford and Swetnik.

I would further venture that within the next 48 hours Kavanaugh withdraws.

Replies: 16
| visibility 302
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic