Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deon Cain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Deon Cain

Dec 4, 2017, 3:04 PM

Who else thinks he may stay and play his senior year? Saw the draft analysts big board and he isn't in the top group. I'm sure his combine numbers would be great but I could see him staying another year to fine tune those wr skills

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's gone, heard his family really needs the money***

Dec 4, 2017, 3:10 PM

RA'd for rassist***

Dec 4, 2017, 3:40 PM

^^^^RA'd for rassist

Dec 4, 2017, 3:49 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sez da coot!

Dec 4, 2017, 4:09 PM [ in reply to He's gone, heard his family really needs the money*** ]

You better hope he is.

TigerKing aint gunna like this***

Dec 4, 2017, 4:12 PM [ in reply to He's gone, heard his family really needs the money*** ]

Re: Deon Cain

Dec 4, 2017, 3:11 PM

Just depends, does he graduate this year or this month? Sadly, I think he needs to stay. As much as I love Deon, I just don't think he's ready for the NFL. Think he'd get drafted low and pushed aside. His drops on tape are going to hurt him. But that's just me - have no idea what his "measurable" are or would be in the combine.

Whereas coming back next year and honing his skills and hopefully have a breakout Mike Williams type year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 4:28 PM

I feel like Mike Williams “broke out” when he got the starting job. He was always dependable and would lay out if needed. I think I’ve only seen Cain dive for the ball one time which was in the 2016 louisville game and it was more of a slide at that.

Cain might have more break away speed than Williams and he can fly past defenders, but our offense with Kelly Bryant doesn’t suit that style very much. We need him to go up and fight for the ball and catch in tight windows.

I love Deon! He’s got great heart and looks like he loves the game. He has shown focus by being able to correct his personal issues early on. I just don’t know if he has the big time playmaker ability the nfl looks for...

Height + weight + speed + highlights

Dec 4, 2017, 3:13 PM

The NFL will overlook his drops if he posts blazing times at the combine and measures 6’1” or over. Simple as that. He has good hands and his focus can continue to be trained.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Dec 4, 2017, 3:15 PM

I think timing is right for him to go. He will inevitably split snaps with Tee Higgins next year.

heard he is trending NFL

Dec 4, 2017, 3:16 PM

think he should stay to potentially get more $$$ but if KB is returning and we are running the ball like we did this year might, it might not help his draft stock to stay.

Dec 4, 2017, 3:18 PM

He should definitely come back but it's up to him if he wants to continue to be in school or jump to the NFL lifestyle.... Ray Ray too, he looks good in college but NFL is a different monster, he would benefit coming back but sometimes guys just wanna live that life as an NFL player when the really should come back..

Dec 4, 2017, 3:31 PM

Think ray ray should stay but he is definitely an interesting prospect because of his versatility. I think a team would give him a shot because of his ability to play corner too

He gawn!***

Dec 4, 2017, 3:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's in his best interest to leave

Dec 4, 2017, 3:32 PM

And i don't think losing him is going to hurt us very much considering what we have behind him.

I don't think he's ready - but then again I thought.........

Dec 4, 2017, 3:36 PM

that about Martavis Bryant and look how well he's done with the Steelers (not including his drug problems).

I just hope Cain listens to what the scouts tell him and does the smart thing, whatever it is.

Re: I don't think he's ready - but then again I thought.........

Dec 4, 2017, 3:44 PM

MB is a freak with his size and speed.

Dec 4, 2017, 3:42 PM

Don’t see his draft stock improving if he stays one more year given our inclination to run first as well as the number of receivers getting touches. Really hope he stays but don’t blame him either way.

Dec 4, 2017, 4:02 PM

Over the next two games I expect Deon's stock to rise. I honestly believe along with the orange britches there is a section in the playbook that Clemson does not touch until Championship time (State, ACC, Playoff etc) I believe we saw glimpses of it against Miami (left and right wide receive stacked set). And I believe with solid protection the down field attack will be used heavily against BAMA. Mr Cain if you are leaving this year the time is now to "Get Paid".

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic