Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deon Cain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Deon Cain

Jan 12, 2016, 9:53 AM

I really thought we missed Cain last night, OU game we were fine regardless but we could've used him last night. Its a little dumb to say bc we did have 40 pts and 550 yards of offense, but we really do not have a downfield deep threat without him.

I kept thinking how that long throw to Scott in the 4th (maybe late 3rd) would've been a Deon Cain catch...Scott just too small to make a play on the ball. Im sure we would've seen another shot or two as well.

It will be awesome to have Williams and Cain in there next season. I hope our defense can be solid again and we will really have a great team. It'll be tough to make it back to the CFP next year, but I think we can do it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Cain is suffering immensely I'm sure, I can't imagine

Jan 12, 2016, 9:56 AM

the disappointment of knowing that a bad decision cost him the chance to play in the national championship game. No amount of piling on by a bunch of fans behind computers will make him feel any worse. Note that I'm not saying OP is piling on, but there have been some other posts that were less 'kind'.

I'm hopeful and confident that he'll learn from it and become a better young man for it which is what really matters, and God willing he'll get a chance to play for another one.

Re: Deon Cain

Jan 12, 2016, 9:58 AM

Perhaps Cain would have made it ... but Artavis would have made the catch too if he weren't interfered with ... and then he almost held on to it anyway.

It will be great to have another spring training under the boys' belts ... and let's take it to them next season.

Great job this year Tigers!

Defender was definately early...

Jan 12, 2016, 10:06 AM

I was impressed with Alabama's secondary last night. They played well.

I think where Cain was missed was on the interception. We've used Cain on that route McCloud ran and I think he would have had a little more separation.

All speculation, but I believe Watson saw the safety, just didn't put enough air under the throw. About 8" higher and that's a touchdown!

Thought the same thing

Jan 12, 2016, 10:00 AM

not that we needed Cain but that he just didn't have the size on the outside to make the down field catches. Like you said Scott is just to small, he is a great receiver but he is really only a slot guy and needs to be running underneath routes to be effective. Our only tall WR, Peake is just to slow to get separation down the field. It's hard to make plays down field when your 3 best receivers, Scott, Ray Ray, and Renfrow, are all under 6ft. Williams will be back, we've got Overton coming in, another tall WR, and hopefully we will have Cain back with the team next year so the down field passing attack should be back.

Re: Thought the same thing

Jan 12, 2016, 10:08 AM

The fact of the matter is it was a contested catch for a Touchdown. Go back and look at it there is joint possession in the endzone and Scott's knee is down. In the NFL this would have been a touchdown. Go back the week before on the corner route to Ridley against Michigan State same exact catch touchdown.

I was more referring to the one downfield

Jan 12, 2016, 12:38 PM

that would have been a catch inside the 20...the bama guy came over top and knocked it away. Cain would've gone up and got it for a catch and too big for Humphrey to come over him and knock it away. That was a play we make to Cain that Scott isn't built for.

It was a great defensive play, but the big body makes a huge difference.

We missed Lakip just as much.***

Jan 12, 2016, 10:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: We missed Lakip just as much....IF NOT MORE

Jan 12, 2016, 12:41 PM

Endzone kickoffs don't get returned for TD's.

Re: We missed Lakip just as much....IF NOT MORE

Jan 12, 2016, 12:44 PM

You folks soon forget over half of lakip's kicks never made it to the EZ.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic