Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dems want to tax Unrealized Capital Gains
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 702

Dems want to tax Unrealized Capital Gains

Apr 3, 2019, 3:37 PM

Unbelievable.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/financials/key-democrat-pushes-new-tax-on-wealthy-targeting-unrealized-capital-gains

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Dems want to tax Unrealized Capital Gains

Apr 3, 2019, 3:40 PM

You mean "Dem wants to tax". To be clear, it is one guy proposing this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only one dem but agree it’s dumb. That would really hurt the

Apr 3, 2019, 3:46 PM

market.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2019, 4:16 PM

always found it interesting the govt. wants to tax all your gains when you sell but limit losses to a $3k per year. Talk about having your cake and eating it too!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ORANGE we glad there’s a Republican senate -not a good idea.***

Apr 3, 2019, 4:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wholly ##### this is stupid. He does realize this isn't

Apr 3, 2019, 6:48 PM

real money doesn't he? And why in the #### tax it yearly based on market gains, when you haven't seen a penny front it? What if the market crashes? The markets gain and lose trillions in market cap regularly. When do you take the "snapshot"? Furthermore, you are just sucking capital out of companies and businesses doing this. Oh, and since this forces money from the market into circulation, it will create inflation. To #### with investing for retirement too.

I'm all for reform to capital gains laws. I always said tax them at the same rate as your income bracket, WHEN SOLD. I'm with Bill Gates here. The cap on them is a freebie for the wealthy, I agree. Again, this money isn't real money in the market. You're asking someone who invests their hard earned money into the market to then take out a sum yearly based on the freaking stock price? So I invest $100K in Coca-Cola and then every year I pay what, $5K or whatever to keep it there invested?

Why can't someone in Congress think like me or Bill freaking Gates, and not like an idiot pandering for votes with a stupid idea. Congress could #### up a goat roping.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not really different than a wealth tax***

Apr 3, 2019, 7:48 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

except that it's not actually tax wealth with...

Apr 4, 2019, 7:46 AM

mark-to-market on investments.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only that it's taxing the market value of a stock

Apr 4, 2019, 8:22 AM [ in reply to not really different than a wealth tax*** ]

and not actual money. Most importantly, it's not taxing labor (creates inflation). It's not "wealth" until it's in your pocket. Just like the imbeciles who say Bill Gates is "worth" $60 billion or whatever. Or Jeff Bezos is "worth" whatever billions. This is based on their stock holdings almost entirely, and that's tied to the market cap of their company. I would wager that Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos couldn't get their hands on cash, gold, whatever for even half the market value of their stock holdings. I'd wager they'd be lucky to monetize 1/3 of their "wealth" in stocks. If they liquidated their stock they would get pennies, and I mean less than 30 pennies on the dollar. They flood the market with Amazon and Microsoft stock. First, everyone else sells too because they are, second the market is flooded with so much available shares the price tanks. This could all happen in seconds if they actually pulled that kind of stunt.

And you want to TAX something as fluid and nebulous as this? You tax the stock when it's sold. Until then, it's value is purely speculative and totally unstable. It is also essentially a property tax by the federal government, which generally is prohibited.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All AOC and the dems hear is...

Apr 3, 2019, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Wholly ##### this is stupid. He does realize this isn't ]

'Raise taxes on the rich.' They probably think unrealized gains means the money has been deposited but doesn't get posted by the bank until 2PM tomorrow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2019, 8:18 PM

They do need to eliminate the reduction in taxes for long term capital gains. However, taxing unrealized gains is idiotic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Reduce the d*mn spending.***

Apr 4, 2019, 11:13 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2019, 3:50 PM

Any businessperson seeing a capital gains tax rate higher than 0% right now is a moron.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 702
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic