Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Democrats lashing out in desperation now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 546

Democrats lashing out in desperation now

May 9, 2019, 10:11 PM

Contempt charges against AG for refusing to break federal statute. Barr wouldn’t go public with it, but he did make the unredacted report available in a justice dept reading room. Three politicians showed up to read it..all were Republicans. He then relocated the report to the actual capitol building so democrats wouldn’t have to walk the 8 blocks to the dept of justice. They still didn’t bother reading the document that they held him in contempt for not supplying it. Pure political theater to feed the fake news machine. Sadly, there are people that think he violated a law.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I might too if I faced being in their position.

May 10, 2019, 8:59 AM

The polls show that 2/3rds of the voters want the Trump investigations to end while most want to see the investigators investigated. A memo was just released to the public which proves the FBI investigators knew that Steele was working to have the dossier made public before the Nov 2016 election and that he was an agent of a political campaign paid for opposition research.

If the rhetoric coming from the left doesn't change the voters' opinion on impeachment the dems will fail to satisfy a great number of people who support them. That and social justice are their only messages for the 2020 election. They don't believe campaigning on the economy is going to work.

The IG report is near finished and it appears the timing on the conclusions of the Justice Dept's investigations into the investigators is going to loom over their 2020 campaign hopes. There are some dark days in the democrats' future if the administration works the timing of this right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I might too if I faced being in their position.

May 10, 2019, 9:12 AM

If the rhetoric coming from the left doesn't change the voters' opinion on impeachment the dems will fail to satisfy a great number of people who support them. That and social justice are their only messages for the 2020 election. They don't believe campaigning on the economy is going to work.

Not really. It's unlikely the Dems will move to impeach (what would be the point, anyway?). It's also unlikely all this investigation stuff will change any voters' minds. I've yet to meet anyone who has turned to or against Trump over this whole ordeal.

The minds are pretty made up. It's going to come down to who gets the Dem nomination, the economy, and which person the voters fear the least. Trump has lost a lot of the contingent that held their nose and voted against Hillary. If the Dems aren't stupid with a bad candidate (like Bernie), they'll hold on to those people.

There are Dem candidates running on a lot more than Trump and social justice. I know Fox isn't saying that, but there are. It just depends on whether or not one of those more centrist folks gets the nomination.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Fox is holding town halls for dems who want to reach out..

May 10, 2019, 10:13 AM

to those in the middle and on the right so you can stow the Fox bashing.

Of course the dems aren't moving to impeach yet but all that depends on whether or not they can move the political needle to get the approval of the majority of the voters. That will sway the congressional pubs to support Trump's removal.

No, with the economy being so good for the working class of all races dems are relegated to social justice, identity politics and beating Trump because he's a bad guy.

Dems have been crying for two years 'proof of collusion,' and more recently 'obstruction of justice,' yet none have met the SCOTUS standard of proof of motivation when there's no underlying crime to make it obvious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fox is holding town halls for dems who want to reach out..

May 10, 2019, 1:26 PM

1. Nope. Fox bashing will continue because I know this is the BS Hannity is feeding y'all.

2. If I could put Vegas money on it (hell, maybe I can), I would bet impeachment proceedings don't happen. They'll just work on trying to tarnish his reputation leading up to the election. I believe the impeachment talks are for show.

3. You haven't read up on all the candidates if you think that's all they're pushing.

4. The investigation will have little effect on the election in either direction.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I pay no attention to Hannity.

May 10, 2019, 1:34 PM

You're wrong about that too.

And I don't doub that.

May 10, 2019, 2:11 PM

But we know where the talking points originate from. Him, Rush, etc... then it spreads.

Most Americans also think Trump committed a crime,

May 10, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to I might too if I faced being in their position. ]

and give the president an overall negative job approval rating. The Mueller report actually gave him a bump in approval compared to March of this year, where it now sits at 41%.

There's room for Democrats in 2020, but to your point, has to be more substantive than social justice. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump's failure to repeal or replace the Affordable Care Act be a pivotal issue.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2618

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Healthcare is going to be Trump's campaign focus along...

May 10, 2019, 10:30 AM

with the economy. Unfortunately for dems all of those leading the polls are backing a medicare for all plan. I doubt the concept that medicare for all means the death of private health insurance is attractive to voters.

Trump is -3 on the index having a 37% approve and a 40% disapprove of him doing his job. That's about where Obama was at this time in his first term.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_may10

All that palaver, as useful as utilizing golf clubs

May 11, 2019, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Most Americans also think Trump committed a crime, ]

on an airplane. You can't indict him. You can't impeach him. You can't unseat him.

You need to either get one of your whackos to make him and Pence dodge bullets, or move to Europe.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Which head in sand p*ssy lib TD’d this?

May 10, 2019, 9:31 AM

Out yurself....,

Grown man caring about TD on the Internet.***

May 10, 2019, 10:07 AM

So you admit it Cata?

May 10, 2019, 10:24 AM

;)

I don't TD.

May 10, 2019, 1:27 PM

I prefer to tell people when they make a dumb post. Much more fun.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Him^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

May 10, 2019, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Which head in sand p*ssy lib TD’d this? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

You'd think by now, you'd be smart enough to realize that

May 10, 2019, 11:05 AM

non-Donors absolutely cannot TD anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yeah, you'd think.

May 10, 2019, 11:15 AM

Didn't even occur to me.

Time to pony up Cata...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Invoice me.***

May 10, 2019, 1:28 PM

Dunno.

May 10, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Which head in sand p*ssy lib TD’d this? ]

About the TD, but the OP is factually incorrect.

First is that the unredacted report was not made available. A less-redacted version was, but for only six democrats---which is clearly not what Congress demanded in its subpoena.

Also, I *think* what OP is saying about federal statues is regarding a DOJ policy, not to discuss "derogatory" information about someone who hasn't been indicted. If it were so straightforward that release of the unreacted report would have violated federal law (not just DOJ policy), POTUS would never have had to assert executive privilege to keep it out sight.

Anyway, I wasn't the TD'er. :)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dunno.

May 10, 2019, 1:54 PM

There were a total of 6 redacted lines in the report offered for restricted viewing. The statue (one of them) prevents the AG from exposing the names and info of grand jury members. Barr took it as far as he could, and maybe a little further, without breaking the law. Democrats screaming about the report never had any intention of reading it. They wanted a reason to file contempt charges to discredit Trumps AG.

I don’t know what to tell you, man.

May 10, 2019, 2:32 PM

The House judiciary committee issued a subpoena for the full document to be released to Congress. In response, the justice department (Barr) released a still redacted version to only those on the judiciary.

IMO, this is still a big deal. We’re talking about possible crimes by a sitting president... and I don’t mean getting oval office BJ’s from an intern. Congress should see the full report.

Also, your facts are still wrong. It’s two full and seven partial lines redacted:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/05/mueller-report-volume-ii-available-top-congressional-democrats/

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/05/mueller-report-volume-ii-available-top-congressional-democrats/

They aren't after the fully unredacted report.

May 10, 2019, 7:51 PM

They want the supporting document so they can hold another witch hunt and they don't want to do it behind closed doors. They want it released to every congressional dem so there's no way to track the leaks when the information shows up on Morning Joe and the front page of the NYT.

Like the National Review says, 99.9% of the report is available for 6 top dems to view. They can't use it for opposition research for the 2020 under those conditions.

The democrat party created the law(s) governing this stuff after the Clinton impeachment. They didn't want it to happen to another democrat president.

Soccerkryz

May 11, 2019, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Which head in sand p*ssy lib TD’d this? ]

A sixth of my 6000 TDs are from him. Which to me, from fuckheadslike him, are TUs.

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 22
| visibility 546
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic