Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sherman & Maxwell makes my choice difficult
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Sherman & Maxwell makes my choice difficult

Jan 20, 2014, 3:48 PM

I was pulling for Seattle yesterday because of Bryon Maxwell. I really could care less for either team including Denver but I was particular excited to see Bryon play and heard his name called few times during the game and nice things were said about him.

However, with the thug Sherman, I am almost wanting to pull against Seattle so that this egocentric manic can shut his mouth. I hate it, because I really want Maxwell to get an NFL super ball ring. So comes the super ball, I don't now which team I'll be pulling for.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

How does it feel

Jan 20, 2014, 3:48 PM

To know that the "thug" is smarter than you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you don't even know me - I might be the head of

Jan 20, 2014, 3:53 PM

a successful computer engineering firm (thanks to my Clemson Education) and running a 100 Million dollar budget.

I just don't like his approach. There are many greats before him and after him, and I've never heard someone blowing their horn his way. I never really heard over him before the game yesterday or thought he was one of the greatest. However, I don't follow west coast NFL and I am mostly college when it comes to football.

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

No, never seen someone do that...this guy says hi

Jan 20, 2014, 3:55 PM

Also, he is the top DB in the NFL the last two season

Jan 20, 2014, 3:57 PM

Teams don't throw at him anymore. Also, Deion Sanders says hello

Re: No, never seen someone do that...this guy says hi

Jan 20, 2014, 3:57 PM [ in reply to No, never seen someone do that...this guy says hi ]

who is this guy?

Just kidding..

Ali earned it.. Even my dead grandfather in his grave, heard of him.

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Ali ran his mouth before, during and after he was champion

Jan 20, 2014, 3:58 PM

Also Darelle Revis says hello.

Here's the difference: While Ali was extremely confident,

Jan 20, 2014, 4:12 PM

his smack talking and showboating was an act borrowed from professional wrestling, and while he was truly the greatest boxer, he was a master showman as well.

Sherman is no Ali, and it's not an act with him. He really appears to think it's okay and appropriate to constantly brag on himself and carry on like a rassler when giving an interview. It doesn't come across as just a tactic for getting in his opponents head and building an image or persona, as was obvious with Ali. It comes across as genuinely mean, disrespectful, and classless.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

And you know this because?***

Jan 20, 2014, 4:14 PM

Because I'm the greatest of all time at analyzing

Jan 20, 2014, 4:23 PM

human behavior.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

^^^^^THUG^^^^^^^^

Jan 20, 2014, 4:24 PM

Never seen a poster blow his own horn like this before.

Ali even dodged the draft

Jan 20, 2014, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Ali ran his mouth before, during and after he was champion ]

and claimed what most people assumed was a bogus religious exemption (he'd joined the racist Nation of Islam).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you see his attack on skip? It just does not make

Jan 20, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: No, never seen someone do that...this guy says hi ]

sense to insult the guy like this. He took it to a personal level that was really uncomfortable for me to see attacking skip. I am not a big skip fan.

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Giving Skip a dose of his own medicine

Jan 20, 2014, 4:00 PM

Skip makes a living running down players he has never met. He sure didn't like it when he actually had to talk face to face with an actual player.

Yep

Jan 20, 2014, 4:09 PM

You can argue that he misfired with what appeared to most to be an angry glare at the camera after the game, but his "attack" on skip is nothing short of well deserved.

Dude makes his money by throwing crap out at players and taking contrarian views. This time skip simply got one upped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here. Hard not to pull against a sorry pos like

Jan 20, 2014, 3:55 PM

Sherman.

- H. L. Mencken

Sherman makes me like the Seahawks more

Jan 20, 2014, 4:03 PM

But I've always liked Manning and, if he retires after this year, I hope he goes out on top. Cheering for the Bronocs despite Sherman, not because of him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, my only problem is the word "thug"

Jan 20, 2014, 4:03 PM

Please explain how saying you are the best DB in the NFL, and talking smack about a guy you have a running feud with makes you a "thug". I associate "thug" with a criminal element.

Definition of the word "thug" has officially been changed

Jan 20, 2014, 4:05 PM

to "black guy I don't like".

Yup***

Jan 20, 2014, 4:08 PM

you are correct - i withdraw the word thug ..

Jan 20, 2014, 4:44 PM [ in reply to You know, my only problem is the word "thug" ]

I am just not liking this guy's attitude before he wins the superball. After the game and the interview was way off the chart and that is the first time I hear of this guy and then I watched the skip video. So I saw this Sherman guy twice now. One after the game and one with Skip and neither interviews he made a good impression.

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

It really doesn't matter what you call it.

Jan 20, 2014, 4:48 PM

It's just my opinion, but I don't like it, whatever it's called.

- H. L. Mencken

People take this stuff too seriously.

Jan 20, 2014, 4:04 PM

I thought it was pretty hilarious. It's not like he shot someone or something.

didn't even cuss***

Jan 20, 2014, 4:05 PM

Agreed

Jan 20, 2014, 4:10 PM [ in reply to People take this stuff too seriously. ]

Do I think his actions reflected well on himself, nope. But I simply don't have the energy to care if we wants to go all WWF after a football game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gosh, the whole thing is entertainment.

Jan 20, 2014, 4:11 PM

The more entertaining, the better, as long as no one gets hurt.

I agree, its a character being portrayed in entertainment

Jan 20, 2014, 4:15 PM

Doesn't bother me at all

I'm in a camp of folks that think the outcomes are

Jan 20, 2014, 4:18 PM

predetermined anyway. May as well go total WWF.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic