Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proud of UGA. It takes guts to schedule the season opener
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,423

Proud of UGA. It takes guts to schedule the season opener

Feb 18, 2020, 10:49 PM

against the defending national champions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Proud of UGA. It takes guts to schedule the season opener

Feb 19, 2020, 12:36 AM

This is all about themselves. If the playoff goes to 6 or 8 games playing us or other power 5 teams helps their strength of schedule so that even with 3 loses they could still get in. The power 5 games will make teams stronger plus playing against the best actually makes that strength of schedule much better win or lose.

We are recruiting as well as they are now so we aren’t taking players they want if we beat them the way we would have a few years back because we are getting pretty much who we want also.

Also the ticket sales for a home and home or neutral site will be a big Finanical boost for ticket sales. When your home especially.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Definitely serves them as well, no other reason to do it

Feb 19, 2020, 11:44 AM

They come off of tamu, LSU and bama and pick up arky from the west for 2021

Feb 19, 2020, 1:07 AM

Out of conference, 1st game of the season, if they lose to us, it doesn't affect them at all at the end of the season if they win the rest of their games. If we lose that game, we don't stand a snowball's chance in H&11 of making the playoffs even if we go undefeated the rest of the season!!!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree***

Feb 19, 2020, 5:56 AM

Feb 19, 2020, 6:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Proud of UGA. It takes guts to schedule the season opener ]

The ACC is getting stronger. I know that is not saying much after last year, but I think that it is too early to say that the ACC will not be a decent conference for 2021.

Feb 19, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Proud of UGA. It takes guts to schedule the season opener ]

No, if we went 12-1, conf champs with only loss to uga, we would be in a 4 team playoff. If uga didn't win their division, then maybe a different story depending on what the field did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 6:32 PM

GA's timing couldn't be better.

In 2020 they open the season at MB against the ACC runner up from last year, UVa.
Without Bryce Perkins, I doubt VA to be any threat to UGa.

In 2021 they open the season against Clemson, also breaking a new starting QB into the lineup.

These details are not really foreseeable, so I'm not accusing them of any thing. Meanwhile the Bulldog running game doesn't care who the person behind center is. Early season matchups generally present advantages to the team with the stronger running game.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,423
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic