Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If everyone wants to be treated the same or at least be on the same footing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,899

If everyone wants to be treated the same or at least be on the same footing

Jun 11, 2020, 9:14 AM

Then why these wierd titles like black lives matter? Why not all lives matter?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely not worth a double poast***

Jun 11, 2020, 9:17 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes people don't want to settle for just being

Jun 11, 2020, 9:32 AM

a dumbasss once, they feel the need to do it twice just to make sure everyone notices.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Sometimes people don't want to settle for just being

Jun 11, 2020, 10:59 AM

Ever think i didnt try and post it twice? Maybe your the #######. Which you are. Always running around calling people names.

*you're***

Jun 11, 2020, 3:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

deez

Jun 11, 2020, 4:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

barely warrants a single poast***

Jun 11, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Definitely not worth a double poast*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a narrative that certain races are under attack

Jun 11, 2020, 11:08 AM

by police.

https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/5211.jpeg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Data doesn't matter in emotional and media-fueled causes

Jun 11, 2020, 3:59 PM

like this one.

We are told that saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean that other lives don't matter. Okay, I'll accept that. However, I have never heard an apology from the BLM folks stating that their tag line was perhaps a poor choice if they truly meant to be inclusive. Rather, all I hear is that white people are the problem if they interpret Black Lives Matter as only applying to black lives. Moreover, if a white person responds with All Lives Matter, he or she is a racist.

I will be curious to see which more inclusive causes BLM supports moving forward. Will they protest when an innocent white person is killed by a black cop? Curiously, those issues don't seem to garner any response from BLM. But they assure us they are not just about black lives, but all lives. Okay, then prove it.

I'm just a white man, so I'm not allowed to both sympathize with black people about senseless killings like George Floyd while also pointing out other injustices. I'm not allowed to mention the 20 million black babies that have been aborted since Roe v. Wade. No, if I do that, I'm detracting from the BLM movement and obviously racist. Never mind the fact that the number of black people killed by police every year represents less than one-tenth of one percent of the number of black babies aborted each year.

As a white man, I'm also not allowed to talk about the fact that 75% of black families don't have a father present in the home. I'm not allowed to talk about the fact that black youth are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to having positive mentors. I'm not allowed to talk about how they don't tend to have the necessary support at home when it comes to school work and career planning. Even though those are huge and significant issues in the black community, and contribute a great deal to the plight of black people in 2020, I can't mention those issues as a white man. If I do, I'm either deflecting from the argument, racist, or both.

You see, I do believe that black lives matter. I always have. That's why I don't see renaming Calhoun Honors College as a very important topic when much larger threats to black progress exist (some of which I mentioned above). But again, I don't feel that my involvement is welcomed unless I tow the company line and say what BLM wants me to say.

We won't make true progress until people on all sides - both white and black, and every other minority group - come to the table with a willingness to learn and grow. That isn't happening yet, because it's just about venting and making demands. I'll be curious to see what happens moving forward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Data doesn't matter in emotional and media-fueled causes

Jun 12, 2020, 8:43 AM

Well written. It is prudent that our nation discuss all things matter.

Re: Data doesn't matter in emotional and media-fueled causes

Jun 12, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Data doesn't matter in emotional and media-fueled causes ]

Well written. It is time to go the the table and discuss all things matter.

Wow, what a novel sentiment***

Jun 12, 2020, 8:47 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,899
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic