Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Defensive strategy against NC State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,309

Defensive strategy against NC State

Nov 4, 2017, 10:01 PM

There is no doubt that Coach Venables is the best DC in college football, however, I feel like got absolutely whipped today. His defensive game plan was suspect at best. We barely blitzed all night and therefore never once made Finley feel uncomfortable in the pocket. Furthermore, we played our corners eight yards off the ball all game, giving NCSU a huge cushion with which to complete their intermediate passes at will. It nearly cost us the game in my opinion. Does anyone have any thoughts on the defensive effort/strategy? I'm curious to see if some of ya'll noticed the same things I did. I'm grateful for the win and will NEVER turn that down, but we need to tighten up the defense to finish the season. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Defensive strategy against NC State

Nov 4, 2017, 10:04 PM

i think it was a sound game plan just horrid execution. You don't want to run man but you want to run some sort of man zone and it seems like that's what he was doing but we should be able to get pressure with just our front four they weren't doing their jobs and it showed by allowing Finley to get so much time in the pocket. I think he wanted him to force him to beat them by picking them apart and hoping our front four made him hurry his throws.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2017, 10:13 PM

Disagree. We played an NC State team with one of the more accurate passers in the nation. D laid off 10 yards and the receivers would run 10 yards and turn and catch or run a slant that was open. You cannot do that. He will do exactly what he did. The offense won this game today.

I called the TD pass to Emanuel before it happened. You could see exactly what was about to happen. Let him run all the way to the goal line free and catch the ball.

A W against a good team is just that though.

Their OL basically being able to hold at will helped them***

Nov 4, 2017, 10:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Their OL basically being able to hold at will helped them***

Nov 4, 2017, 10:16 PM

^^this too

Re: Their OL basically being able to hold at will helped them***

Nov 4, 2017, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Their OL basically being able to hold at will helped them*** ]

Honestly not one holding call today? That I recall. Interesting with 2 of the best d lines in the country.

Respectdully disagree...

Nov 4, 2017, 10:17 PM

This defense is built to control the LOS and to be frank, our stud interior lineman have had their two worst games against the Cuse and N.C. State. When they smelled blood today they were tossing the N.C. St O-line around with ease. They’ve been a bit sporadic this year. We will be okay.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2017, 10:19 PM

You do realize we were down to playing a wr at dB for the last part of the game? Fields, Edmonds, Terrell, and Muse either missed the game or had to come out.

Ended up having to move Van back to his old spot from last year and play Kvon at the other safety spot. We were doing good to just make it to the end of the game

Nov 4, 2017, 10:49 PM

THIS ******

Nov 4, 2017, 11:14 PM

Well I guess we should fire him since you are complaining. 3 cornerbacks hurt and get beat for a 40 yard td on the first blitz he ran. So you expect him to blitz with the secondary not being able to hold up in the back end?

Our secondary is a bit depleted at the moment

Nov 4, 2017, 11:17 PM

Wasn't deep to start with in Sept.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scheme was good, NCSU had excellent execution

Nov 4, 2017, 11:25 PM

Of their game plan. Finley had amazing placement...probably due to lack of pressure. I'm with the crowd that thinks wee were getting held and can't believe we never got a call. The thing that bothered me the most with our D tonight is how we got pushed back when state ran the ball in 1st half. I can't figure how they pulled that off.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,309
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic