Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer tnet conditioning experts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1,701

Deer tnet conditioning experts

Jan 2, 2013, 9:02 AM

Please provide an update on your proposed overhaul for our S&C program.

LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, it was amazing how much tougher the S&C program

Jan 2, 2013, 9:08 AM

got over the last 4 weeks, eh?

lmao

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's so funny how much you guys think that the "toughness"

Jan 2, 2013, 9:32 AM

Factor comes way more from the strength training than it does from the coaching, practices and recruiting of tough players. I will be label as biased again but whatever. I coached with Joey back 01,02 before I moved on to another school as a Strength Coach. The program that you think we run is far from the truth. It is not all slow moving Bench press like somebody keeps posting on here. The Olympic movements are all based on speed and explosive power, so are the Squats (Clemson does not do just Back) There is a speed day and a Heavy day. The speed day makes the players explode through the movement using lighter weight but might have bands or chains on the bar to make it harder or heavier as you get through the lift. The Olymics lifts (hang clean,power clean,###### and jerk) are used at Clemson, and they are all used with methods geared on speed and explosion not heavy slow weight. One is true, Coach Batson is not a yeller or cusser that some of these other guys are. He may have been that way one time in his career but you don't have to motivate people by screaming at them. I have done it both ways my self. The speed, agility and conditioning aspects in his program are probably some of the toughest I have ever seen. I have coached for 4 colleges and 1 pro team so I have seen and studied a good bit. Coach B studies a lot of different people to shape his program, yes some of it is power lift (Bench,Dead Lift and Squat) so yes he studied greats like Louie Simmions in power lifting and has incorporated some of his stuff for those lifts like probably 50% of the colleges in the south, but he also has studied many great olympic style lifting people and football specific people and has incorporated some of their stuff along with ideas he has created.

I echo Coach DS, anyone one of you go to a off season day and watch or join in, I know Coach Batson will let you. He has said so.

I was mocking those that want to fire Batson, btw

Jan 2, 2013, 9:34 AM

sorry if that wasn't clear

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man I'm sorry! Well that is for the others I know they are a

Jan 2, 2013, 9:36 AM

About to start blasting me soon

No worries, honest mistake. Sarcasm doesn't always come

Jan 2, 2013, 9:39 AM

through in this format.

Re: No worries, honest mistake. Sarcasm doesn't always come

Jan 2, 2013, 9:40 AM

idiocy does though and you are the king of that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are a coward.***

Jan 2, 2013, 9:41 AM

number of ways to attack the current staff; go after the

Jan 2, 2013, 9:47 AM [ in reply to It's so funny how much you guys think that the "toughness" ]

the head man[probably not the best because he is very well respected], go after the admin that hired him or go after dabo's lieutenants.

you're looking for traction which can be found in differences.

don't let the ######## get you down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only folks going after Batson

Jan 2, 2013, 9:49 AM

are the Dabo-worshippers who, after a loss, will find any excuse imaginable to deflect blame away from the head coach, which is the same thing we suffered under for 10 years with Tommy Bowden.

Dabo has learned though, and brought in great coordinators, so now people are going after people further down the totem pole.

the seat of this attack is at sts, the furthest thing from a

Jan 2, 2013, 10:04 AM

den of dabo-worshippers.

you need to try again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check the archives after our losses this year.

Jan 2, 2013, 10:07 AM

The sunshine pumping crowd was on full attack mode on Batson. I mocked them then and I'm mocking them now.

i've seen the 'mob', i don't need any proof of how

Jan 2, 2013, 10:15 AM

easily they're swayed by ideas, especially during desperate times.

they didn't give birth to the idea though.

Re: It's so funny how much you guys think that the "toughness"

Jan 2, 2013, 11:34 AM [ in reply to It's so funny how much you guys think that the "toughness" ]

I'll take you at your word that you are "in the know" when I post the following:

What?!?!? Facts?!?!

How dare you interject facts in the face of mob hysteria!! Don't you know the aggregate knowledge of a mob, of which each member knows almost nothing about the subject at hand, is greater than the knowledge of a real expert with first-hand experience? Don't you realize that empirically proven facts are no substitute for oft repeated and baseless rumors, misinformation or misunderstandings? Man, where have you been the last 50 years. Don't you follow politics?

Seriously, thanks for the refreshing post.

Re: It's so funny how much you guys think that the "toughness"

Jan 2, 2013, 2:14 PM [ in reply to It's so funny how much you guys think that the "toughness" ]

Glad somebody finally took up for him and told what goes on in the weight room. I had the opportunity to intern under Clemson football and was in the weight room all week. I tried to tell people on here that coach batson uses Olympic lifts and stresses technique. What strength coach would have a job that doesn't stress technique. I agree, coach batson isn't a cusser, he gets behind you and slaps you on the back and tells you to get in there and get it! Loved coach batson, coach greenlee, coach Abernathy, and now coach hogan. All were great guys with tremendous knowledge. Those guys really know their stuff and I'm glad someone that was around the program recognizes that as well

Re: Deer tnet conditioning experts

Jan 2, 2013, 9:31 AM

Bunch of so called experts. Got one of the best in the business. Preach it.

Jan 2, 2013, 9:40 AM

Replace Joey Batson with a disciple of Alvin Roy. The transfiguration and performance improvement would be amazing.

Amazingly worse?***

Jan 2, 2013, 11:36 AM

Re: Amazingly worse?***

Jan 2, 2013, 1:57 PM

How is that? Do you have any knowledge of Alvin Roy ?

Jan 2, 2013, 10:24 AM

I don't know enough to comment on the S & C program much, but I do know there's one muscle for which the players have to design their own program, and it's the most important- the heart, the will to win.
Tajh has got it covered.

Just goes to show...

Jan 2, 2013, 2:17 PM

It's about attitude and desire. Play angry my friends.

And, provide your weight, your body-mass-index, and

Jan 2, 2013, 2:27 PM

daily workout routine. Also, include the number of times you have defeated the world on your x-box/nintendo/Wii/iPhone, your daily consumption of Mountain Dew and how many bottles of ProActive reside in your medicine cabinet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 21
| visibility 1,701
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic