»
Topic: Deer ref complainers....
Replies: 55   Last Post: Nov 15, 2016 9:19 AM by: cutgrfan®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 55  

Deer ref complainers....

[25]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:16 AM
 

Yes, there were some bad calls, but the game should've never been in question. PERIOD.

You can't keep playing with fire(mistakes/turnovers) and not expect to get burned.

Quit whining and crying. you sound like loserville fans.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Deer ref complainers....

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:18 AM
 

Do you think its fair for a c00t to ref our game?


Re: Deer ref complainers....


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:19 AM
 

by that logic was it fair to have the father of a Clemson grad call the loserville game?

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Deer ref complainers....

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:20 AM
 

I also heard his son goes to USC.

But there were no phantom calls against Louisville that game.


Re: Deer ref complainers....


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:22 AM
 

their fanbase thought there were plenty of no calls.

Like I said in my OP. It should've never gotten to that point. If we would've played like the #2 team and had taken care of business the refs wouldn't have mattered. Just like in boxing and mma take care of business and don't leave it in the judges hands.

I can't stand people that look for others to blame.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Deer ref complainers....

[5]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:26 AM
 

I agree we shouldn't have been in that situation but if you are going to look at it that way we would be a 4 or 5 loss team right now.

Probably would have lost to Troy, FSU, Louisville, and NCST as well. We are not a perfect football team. All football teams make mistakes but to have the referees make phantom calls to screw you over the only way to overcome that is to be perfect. IDK if even alabama could overcome those calls.

The only reason we beat GT with this crew is because we shut down their offense. You can't shutdown every offense out there. When we did stop Pitt they were handed phantom calls. Not judgement calls, phantom calls. That's why people are complaining.


are you actually reading what you're posting???

[5]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:31 AM
 

You want to play the what if game with things we can't control.

Take care of what we can control and we win that ball game. PERIOD.

We lost. And we lost because of how we played. Not because of the refs.

The refs didn't spot them any points...

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Oh come on, there were a good number of no-calls in

[4]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:25 AM
 

that game that went our way. The Loserville fans were butthurt about it and cried for weeks (they're still crying) and they sound exactly like you do today. Man up.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac


Agreed.

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:22 AM
 

It's Busch League.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."


I prefer Busch Light League***


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 11:00 AM
 



2019 student level member

ROH


My take

[10]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:25 AM
 

I think it perfectly reasonable to call out the questionable officiating and at the same time acknowledge the mistakes we made that allowed Pitt to win the game.

And furthermore I think it reasonable to do both of the above and still give credit to Pitt for a GREAT offensive gameplan that made our defense look silly at times.

There is no way someone can watch that game and not come away with huge question marks about the poor calls that seemingly were all at crucial times. I think thats what most folks are saying. Its not whining to point them out.

Of course we had our own share of mistakes that have to be addressed and I'd expect thats exactly what the coaching staff is doing right this second, but it doesn't change the fact that there were some pretty bad phantom and judgment calls by the officials on Saturday.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


Re: My take

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:36 AM
 

I'm perfectly fine with acknowledging that there were some bad calls because there absolutely was. However, I'm not ok with the whining(and yes people are whining) and crying and using that as an excuse for why we lost the game.

Like I said above. The refs didn't spot them any points. Yes they got a few first downs on bad calls, but we didn't stop them after that and that's on us.

They had a good offensive game plan that kept our D on their heels and we made some terrible/critical mistakes on offense. The combination of the 2 lost us the game.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Clemson blew it, BUT


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:49 AM
 

it is ridiculous to say they gave them a few first downs and we didn't stop them after that. On Pitt's last four TD drives, we did stop them on 3rd down and the officials made a questionable call that extended their drives. Yes, Clemson made plenty of mistakes that put us in the situation that those calls mattered but it is ridiculous to say they didn't matter.


Re: Clemson blew it, BUT


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:51 AM
 

how many of those were actually questionable? I thought 1 was truly questionable and that was the phantom holding call.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


I can think of at least 1 more PI that was horrid

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 10:01 AM
 

But again, we lost because we lost our minds and decided to throw the ball on 2nd and goal from the 4 when a FG all but ices the game.

Then we didn't bring the jumbo package in on 3rd and 1 and run it directly at them twice instead of getting cute on third and running wide on 4th.

We didn't lose because of the officiating, but Pitt couldn't have won without it.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


Re: I can think of at least 1 more PI that was horrid


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 10:05 AM
 

Is this the twilight zone?

We didn't lose because of the refs but Pitt couldn't of won without them??

Huh?

Look up the meaning of mutually exclusive.


Goodness

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 10:09 AM
 

I would assume it was obvious that I was speaking in hyperbole.

As a team/coaching staff/fan you have to first focus on the things in your power to change and lay blame at those. So we lost because of OUR mistakes.

Without those mistakes, we win easily.

Heck without all but one of them we still win most likely.

But we could've played exactly as we did and made exactly the same mistakes, and without the two or three truly phantom calls we still win.

The point is they all contributed, and as a team we have to focus on changes we can make.

As a fan group we can discuss the officiating.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


At least two


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:23 PM
 

The holding on Wallace was ridiculous and that unnecessary roughness on Boulware, which happened to be called by the USC grad head ref all by himself, was also ridiculous in my opinion.


Re: At least two


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:25 PM
 

I didn't think Boulwares was on a TD drive, but could be wrong.

Edit: went and checked and it was. So 2 for sure.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Actually they tried to spot them points


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:52 AM
 

Had it not been a review they would have called Gallman's touchdown a fumble and a 100 yd td.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


Re: Actually they tried to spot them points


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:53 AM
 

c'mon man. they were right in letting that play out. They knew there would be a review to ensure the correct call.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


That's not really true


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:58 AM
 

Granted it was close, so I can't blame them for not calling it a TD in real time, however it's not policy to let it play out "because it can be corrected in review" because by doing so they place the assumption that it was a fumble as the default.

Lets say all camera angles were blocked or a but inconclusive. By default at that point the play stands as called. If we'e going to have the standard for review be as high as it is supposed to be then what is called on the field has a very very real effect on that.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


The combination of the THREE lost us the game***

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 11:01 AM
 



2019 white level member

Re: My take


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:40 AM
 

> I think it perfectly reasonable to call out the
> questionable officiating and at the same time
> acknowledge the mistakes we made that allowed Pitt to
> win the game.
>
> And furthermore I think it reasonable to do both of
> the above and still give credit to Pitt for a GREAT
> offensive gameplan that made our defense look silly
> at times.
>
> There is no way someone can watch that game and not
> come away with huge question marks about the poor
> calls that seemingly were all at crucial times. I
> think thats what most folks are saying. Its not
> whining to point them out.
>
> Of course we had our own share of mistakes that have
> to be addressed and I'd expect thats exactly what the
> coaching staff is doing right this second, but it
> doesn't change the fact that there were some pretty
> bad phantom and judgment calls by the officials on
> Saturday.

> I think it perfectly reasonable to call out the
> questionable officiating and at the same time
> acknowledge the mistakes we made that allowed Pitt to
> win the game.
>
> And furthermore I think it reasonable to do both of
> the above and still give credit to Pitt for a GREAT
> offensive gameplan that made our defense look silly
> at times.
>
> There is no way someone can watch that game and not
> come away with huge question marks about the poor
> calls that seemingly were all at crucial times. I
> think thats what most folks are saying. Its not
> whining to point them out.
>
> Of course we had our own share of mistakes that have
> to be addressed and I'd expect thats exactly what the
> coaching staff is doing right this second, but it
> doesn't change the fact that there were some pretty
> bad phantom and judgment calls by the officials on
> Saturday.


I agree with Tiger Thom***


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:41 AM
 




Exactly. It is both.***


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:53 AM
 




Are you ok if they ref the ACC Championship game?

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:26 AM
 

What if they could coach the national championship game? Yes I know they can't.
I am not blaming them solely for the loss but you're nuts if you think they didn't heavily affect the outcome. And you're nuts if you're ok having this crew again.


Re: Are you ok if they ref the ACC Championship game?

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:31 AM
 

Why would they coach any game??

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


I'd be pretty upset if a coot ACC ref tried to step

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:38 AM
 

in and coach our team in the national championship game. I'd prefer keeping Dabo as our coach in that scenario.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac


How big a boy are ya?***

[3]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:41 AM
 



null


Re: How big a boy are ya?***

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:45 AM
 

I didn't know Roy D Mercer was a Clemson fan.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Who?

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:53 AM
 

:)

null


The guy that's gonna open up a 55 gallon can of

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:54 AM
 

whoopazz on ya

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

I'm a grown man simply stating wise and true things.


How big a girl are ya?***

[5]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:58 AM
 



null


Well at least if Dabo is trying to be like Danny

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:46 AM
 

he could have gotten himself tossed outta the game for us.

"Now 'at sum b**ch raaht thar..."


Isn't this the speech UNC Hoops fans give to teams they

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 9:56 AM
 

beat ??

2019 white level member

This explains A lot...

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 10:00 AM
 

Can you say conflict of interest?

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2016/11/13/pattern-emerges-with-saturdays-officiating-crew-calling-clemson-games/


Re: This explains A lot...


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 10:05 AM
 

You obviously haven't read this thread. That's been addressed...

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Deer ref complainers....

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 10:47 AM
 

The game was there for the taking and Clemson did NOT take it.

Bad calls? Of course. OK, now take the game ... Clemson did not.

military_donation.jpg

Re: Deer ref complainers....


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 10:59 AM
 

The difference is this ref has a very questionable track record when calling all Clemson games. Look it up. He pentalizes us more than any other ref that has called our game.... that's why it's a big deal. And it kept Pitts drives alive every 3rd down to go on a scoring drive..... how can you say it shouldn't be up to the refs when the refs cost us two touchdowns or more after we constantly stop them on 3rd down but the drive stays alive bc of phantom calls and they score.

2019 orange level member

Burying your head in the sand if you want to...

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 10:59 AM
 

sure, we play better we win. But refs call the game fairly we also win. So there's that.

2019 white level member

Great post! Short. To the point.


Posted: Nov 15, 2016 9:19 AM
 

100% true.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett


Before you complain,check the film.

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 11:07 AM
 

The play against Ben,the referee was throwing the flag the minute he blew the whistle.Had his flag in hand before he blew the whistle.

You are right,Certain plays/play calls on offense and defense cost us the game. But 4 TD drives kept alive by penalties(2 questionable and 2 phantom)is fair game to talk about.

As I sated elsewhere, it's also being relayed by some that were on the sidelines,that this USuC official also told Dabo that if he didn't shut it up,he'd be gone.

Everything after a game is fair game. I'd much rather be complaining about the officials after a win.

It's one thing to have a Ron Cherry crew, we know anything that looks like it could/maybe/possibly be a hold id called,but called both ways. Same with certain crews that call anything close PI,but gain,they call it both ways.


Re: Deer ref complainers....

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 11:54 AM
 

Since there are so many of you that want to play the 'what if' game with the ref calls....

What if they didn't throw the flag and they punt and ray ray fumbles and they recover? It's happened before....

What if they didn't throw a flag and they punt and DW4 threw an INT earlier in the drive and they return it for a TD? It's happened before....

etc.

That line of thinking is tremendously flawed.

I also love the hypocrisy of a lot of you tnetters. Some of you posted for weeks after the loserville game about them whining, crying, biching about the officiating and now you're doing the exact same thing....

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


They weren't crying about calls so much as a stupid

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:03 PM
 

"1st down yard marker moved too far back" theory. It's laughable, and I would be making fun of any of our fans who made similar excuses.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


Re: They weren't crying about calls so much as a stupid


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:06 PM
 

They whined and complained about no calls(same as a bad call), a lot of which were valid complaints and that didn't stop tnet as a whole from having a field day with it.

Now the tides have turned and tnet has had a meltdown whining/complaining about bad calls.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: They weren't crying about calls so much as a stupid


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:10 PM
 

Yeah I said something about that yesterday. It's ridiculous how tnet is acting just like whiny Louisville fans after making fun of them for weeks about doing the exact same thing. Funny how that works.


heck yeah, high five.***


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:16 PM
 



2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


Re: They weren't crying about calls so much as a stupid

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:41 PM
 

A bad call is NOT the same as a missed call. Refs miss (or ignore) calls almost every single play.
A ref has to go out of their way to make a bad call. That pf on Ben was atrocious. That fantom holding call even worse.
The PI calls were questionable, but I'm not gonna argue those. People whining about the PI, not getting holding calls, etc are whining.

Any no call, and most calls in general are defensible on some level (illegal block in fsu game comes to mind) but that call on Ben and the holding on Wallace are INDEFENSIBLE. They directly led to +14 points for Pitt. That's not whining that's just a fact.

2019 student level member

Re: They weren't crying about calls so much as a stupid


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:55 PM
 

egregious no calls are as bad as a bad call. And if you say otherwise I can't take you seriously. HTH

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: They weren't crying about calls so much as a stupid

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 1:08 PM
 

Egregious no calls are not as bad as a blatantly wrong call. Refs can't see everything, they miss egregious holding on our D line every game, but I don't give a shit.

A ref missing(or not seeing) a call is completely different than seeing something that, by the rules, shouldn't be a flag but throwing one anyway.

And what egregious no calls did Louisville have go against them that weren't balanced out by ZERO holding being called in 99 snaps? The refs for UofL seemed pretty evenly ###### for both teams. Not the case against Pitt...

2019 student level member

Deer complainers of ref complainers....

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:47 PM
 

Give it a rest.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Dear Ref apologist. Sorry but the refs determined the


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:56 PM
 

winner of the game. Take the blinders off. Signed. Gets it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Dear Ref apologist. Sorry but the refs determined the


Posted: Nov 14, 2016 12:58 PM
 

LOL, they "determined the winner of the game"???

Keep on whining and blaming others for your shortcomings.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


This explains even more...

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 1:10 PM
 




Re: Deer ref complainers....

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 1:38 PM
 

While I agree with ya, we still need to complain loud enough that we don't get him for another game like the ACC championship lol.

And I don't think people with affiliations to Clemson or rivalry universities should be able to call our games. I know I could not impartially call a coot game.


Replies: 55  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
3224 people have read this post