Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Three Rhino Poachers Eaten by Lions in South Africa
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Three Rhino Poachers Eaten by Lions in South Africa

Jul 5, 2018, 10:52 PM

Game Wardens at a South Africa Game Preserve discovered boots, gloves, an axe, a rifle and a skull that apparently belonged to one of the three poachers. The poachers were thought to be hunting for rhinos to obtain the horns. The game wardens said poachers usually operate with three men and a special rifle, leading them to believe no others were involved.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for the lions...***

Jul 5, 2018, 10:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

And...

Jul 5, 2018, 11:03 PM

some limbs but not the tree variety. Geez!

Think their families will eventually miss & report them..or police find their abandoned car outside the grounds for clues..or

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Three Rhino Poachers Eaten by Lions in South Africa

Jul 5, 2018, 11:01 PM

I didn't see 2k's post before I made mine. I posted my apology on his thread.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Three Rhino Poachers Eaten by Lions in South Africa

Jul 5, 2018, 11:07 PM

haha, dumb poachers got a lion and a Rhino confused.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

survival of the fittest - poachers need to step up their

Jul 6, 2018, 1:38 AM

time in the weight room and improve their diet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't hunt.... anymore. There was a time I did but

Jul 6, 2018, 5:43 AM

honestly probably the fourth kill I realized it was getting where it no longer bothered my conscience to kill animals at all.
That's when I gave it up the same year I started. I don't have to kill to feel like a man but that's not the only reasons I quit.
I still own guns and will probably never be pro gun patrol. This article is a sad one as I value human lives over animals obviously.
But I always enjoy when the underdog wins. These guys were poachers and that's not right. They got away with it numerous times before I feel sure.
This time nature turned on them and sought revenge. It was a fitting revenge. Hunting has become easier than ever with all the bait, odor products and hunting clubs.
The "sport" of the hunt is not as fair as it was. I still fish and I suppose the argument could be made there is no difference.
But I can't bring myself to kill an animal not threatening me. Stupid Disney!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't hunt.... anymore. There was a time I did but

Jul 6, 2018, 9:03 AM

Respect your feelings on the subject but with certain species such as the Whitetail Deer, disease and starvation would be inevitable if hunters did not keep the population in control. And feral hogs are a booming problem and need to be taken out even if using them for food is not an option for some people. Just as we kill domesticated animals for food, there are many people who use deer to supplement their grocery budget - I give several deer each year to people who can use the help, including Faith Home near Greenwood which is a substance abuse treatment facility - they process the deer themselves and say they really appreciate the opportunity to have venison sausage for breakfast every day. I also enjoy venison burger in many dishes as it does not have the nasty grease you find in beef. Cubed steak has it all over beef too - ran out one year before deer season opened and bought beef for the first time since my son was born (10 years) and after one taste he asked , "What's wrong with this meat?"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer meat is excellent

Jul 6, 2018, 9:44 AM

I don't hunt but my uncles and cousins do and they always share with me. I too love the cube steak and the ground venison. I've used it in place of beef in a number of dishes and they're always a hit with the wife and family.

I've heard about how bad the feral hog problem is getting and heard it's legal to kill them at all times of the year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can even hunt them at night if you register the property

Jul 6, 2018, 12:17 PM

with DNR ( in SC) - BEEN TRYING TO CATCH THE WEATHER W/O THUNDERSTORMS SO i CAN GET IN THE WOODS AFTER THEM. (Dang caps lock key - not typing all that over)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic