Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer dook fans,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,688

Deer dook fans,

Feb 8, 2013, 9:00 AM

First, allow me to say that, although I respect your basketball program's accomplishments, I have never liked you as a fan base. However, because of your actions in taunting a kid who just lost his grandmother, I now officially hate you and I hope karma is truly a b!tc# to all of you. In closing, I just want to say nice job you little bratty, a-hole, ratface buttsniffing, dooshbags with some misguided sense of entitlement.

Good luck in the rest of life, because you have already failed.

Sincerely,
GWPTiger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

C'mon man, most of them don't know any better

Feb 8, 2013, 9:28 AM

considering they are Yankees.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They aren't Yankees-they're mean spirited,nasty brats.***

Feb 9, 2013, 12:08 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At that age, they're expected to

Feb 9, 2013, 8:38 AM [ in reply to C'mon man, most of them don't know any better ]

and watch the Yankee comments please. We're not all like that.

^^^had to use all his restraint not to call them

Feb 8, 2013, 10:02 AM

dooshfaces!!

I wish you could have let em have it FO REALS!!!

What pathetic actions by a bunch of classless brats?!?!?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Why expect different?

Feb 9, 2013, 1:13 AM

We've become a nation of deviants. Why should dook be any different. Respect for others is ##### as long as you gets yours or what you perceive as yours.

Unfortunately, too many folks these days seem to have

Feb 9, 2013, 6:22 AM

adopted a lack of common sense and decency, which you see in most venues...including here on TigerNet. Being in a faceless crowd or under the guise of anonymity only serves to embolden crass behavior. I'm afraid those attitudes have, also, crossed generational lines; thus, why should we expect our young to behave as ladies and gentlemen?

There is no substitute for each individual asking himself: "Would I make the same remarks to this individual face-to-face?" And that, my good friend GWP, is precisely why I don't like to bash folks publicly or in venues such as TNet, other than the occasional good-natured ribbing clearly understood with choice of words and the good, ole "LOL."

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're absolutely right hartins, the current generation of

Feb 10, 2013, 9:24 AM

college kids live in a world that is so technologically advanced than where I grew up and attended college.

Technology has brought a lot of incredible opportunities, but it has its downside too. Obviously these kids acted in an anonymous fashion as you mentioned. But have you seen any research papers or formal writings from the current college generation? They literally write in text lingo. It's an embarrassment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i don't believe we have enough time to unearth all the

Feb 10, 2013, 9:31 AM

reasons the older generations failed us.

the waters have been muddied, the lines blurred and society has deemed it inappropriate to take certain actions in an effort to curtail some behaviors.

why is dodge ball not 'allowed' in schools any longer?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it's unfair that the fat kids get picked last?

Feb 10, 2013, 9:40 AM

I do remember days when we got to play dodge ball, we would look forward to gym class all day long.

We also kept score in every sports league I ever played in, and *GASP* only the winners got trophies! If you didn't get a trophy, it didn't hurt your confidence, it made you want to win that much more. Remind me again, what's wrong with wanting to win???

perfect. it's sort of funny in a way. there has been a

Feb 10, 2013, 9:46 AM

recent upswing in the concern over childhood obesity.

maybe if we allowed them to play dodge ball it would help?

some fun facts from the CDC:

Childhood Obesity Facts

Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and tripled in adolescents in the past 30 years.1, 2
The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2010. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to 18% over the same period.1, 2
In 2010, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1
Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors.3 Obesity is defined as having excess body fat.4
Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.5,6

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/obesity/facts.htm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't it the father of a Duke player who spit in

Feb 9, 2013, 8:11 AM

Cliff Ellis' face after a game in Durham? And after a game that Duke won?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes!!!! If it had been the parent of a Clemson player

Feb 9, 2013, 11:06 AM

spitting in Coach K's face, I am sure there would have been an investigation and we would have ended up on probation.

another Duke hater here

Feb 9, 2013, 12:25 PM

Coach Krishevskee has the power to change this if he wants to. So include his potty-mouthed, irreverent, vulgar self in the rant.

You want to get really ticked at Duke's admin? <links>

Feb 10, 2013, 10:05 AM

Denial:

"Duke associate athletic director Jon Jackson said the school spent the morning trying to find people in the building who heard the cheer but had not yet found anyone."

- http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2013-02-09/sports/37012640_1_duke-fans-duke-student-section-margie-lewis

Proof:

Listen at the 33-35 second mark on the video. I guess the assistant ad wasn't trying very hard.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/02/08/3841594/did-duke-fans-taunt-nc-state-player.html

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,688
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic