Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer auburnfan...
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 2,477
   | View Original Thread |

Deer auburnfan...

Aug 21, 2017, 6:09 PM

Listen up! I assume you have good intentions, but you don't wanna end up like this guy...

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21749935#21749935

You remind me of our old pal supermutt. You come here claiming that you want to talk football, but really all you do is argue with people and claim that we are "misinformed" and go on to proclaim Clemson's inferiority in every single aspect discussed...talent, coaches, D Line, O Line, receivers, kickers, waterboys, stadium, mascot(s), conference, cheerleaders, lake, church boosters...Auburn has an edge in all of em.

Look dood, this is a CLEMSON board. We didn't come to you to talk about how informed we are on Auburn. You came to us. So don't act so surprised when the vast majority of us disagree with you when you claim that Auburn holds so many edges over us.

You came here for info, so here are the facts....

Clemson is 70-13 since 2011. Auburn is 56-32
Clemson is 49-7 since 2014. Auburn is 35-18

Clemson is 28-2 in the last TWO seasons, with TWO national championship appearances and TWO conference championships (for all my Jay-Z fans, "That's 22-Two's!")

Auburn is 15-11 in the last TWO seasons. That's right, Clemson has lost 2 fewer games since 2012 than Auburn has lost in the last two years alone.

So what makes you so confident that Auburn holds an advantage in as many ways as you say they do? And please, don't give me the whole, "you had Deshaun Watson" blah blah BS. That's a part of having a superior program. We have no shortage of future studs to roll out, including the QB position. The national media said we couldn't replace Tajh Boyd. Or Sammy Watkins. Or the entire 2014 defense. Or the entire 2015 defense. Or Chad Morris. And now, it's Deshaun Watson. Sooner or later people will realize that this program is so much more than just the names of the individual guys who suit up for us.

Clemson is at the point where we don't rebuild, we reload. And frankly, we are doing a much better job of doing it than Auburn is....which is kind of funny, considering you can point to the recruiting rankings and see that Auburn has an edge on Clemson on paper....

So how can that be?! Why are we playing for (and winning) National Championships while Auburn is losing 5 games a year?

Could it be superior coaching? Dabo has a .761 winning pct at Clemson. Gus is .660 at Auburn

Could it be superior chemistry? Clemson just went 4 years while only replacing 1 assistant coach. I'm guessing Auburn has had more turnover than that, especially since the Auburn DC position seems to be reserved for a crash-test dummy a la Kevin Steele or coach BOOM

Could it be superior work-ethic? Clemson was recently ranked 2nd in graduation rate in 2016. Auburn was ranked 10th (top 10 is still impressive, so I'll give you that)

Could it be superior accountability among players? Clemson had 1 player arrested in 2016. Auburn had 7.

Could it be superior home environment? Clemson is 39-3 at home since 2011. One of those wins is over Auburn. Auburn is 32-12 in that same time frame. 1 of those losses is to Clemson.

No matter what it is, there's something in these hills, and Auburn is going to be reminded of that once again in a few short weeks. When you take off the orange-colored glasses and throw away the recruiting rankings, I see a whole lot of signs that point to Clemson as the superior program, and it's so much bigger than just one guy who wore #4. So what makes you so confident that your Auburn team is going to come out of DEATH VALLEY with a win? Because a recruiting service thought some HS kid who played a couple games at Baylor was pretty good?

You seem like a nice guy. And you haven't been as outrageous or rude as others in the past. I enjoy having some outside perspective from other fanbases, and I always expect a varying degree of homerism since I am the same way.

But please, know your role. Auburn very well may win come September 9th...but if they do, it will be an upset for sure. Clemson is the top dog right now...or should I say, top cat.

Okay, now Spot the #### ball!

PS - I'll leave you with some food for thought originally intended for UGA fans...

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21787476#21787476

Message was edited by: CU2013®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 2,477
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic