Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Tnet... (serious)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

Deer Tnet... (serious)

May 15, 2013, 1:08 PM

Please wear your seatbelts. A couple of years ago, late at night I saw a van flip in front of me. There was a family inside it with the dad driving and the grandma in the passenger seat. They were both wearing their seatbelts and were fine... the mother and the 6 year old and 11 year old boy were not. I will spare the details of the injuries but I worked frantically to do what I could for them until the EMS got there and then gave them a hand until all 3 were air lifted out. With my limited medical experience I would say the 6 year old had about a 50% change of living, the 11 year old about 30% chance and the mother about a 5% chance. Thankfully they were all still alive when they left.

This past Sunday... Mother's Day, I was the first driver to come up to another wreck right outside my neighborhood. Again, the driver was wearing her seatbelt and was nearly pefectly fine... the passenger was not wearing hers... As I checked her vitals... the 16 year old girl made the last little flinch she will ever make on this world...

So please, wear your seatbelt. Even if its not for your own sake... remember there are people here that care about you. Think of what it would do to them just because you decided not to take 1 second out of your life to put on your seatbelt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I took from this is to not drive in front of you.***

May 15, 2013, 1:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: What I took from this is to not drive in front of you.***

May 15, 2013, 1:13 PM

My father-in-law, a doctor... who I call when in these situations and have him walk me through what I should do... says I need to get the medical training essentials like CPR. He said he has been in one emergency situation and he is twice is old as me. I have been in 5. Maybe you need to just stay away from me completely.

I just hit the ignore button on you just to stay away***

May 15, 2013, 1:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I just hit the ignore button on you just to stay away***

May 16, 2013, 8:53 PM

what a classless jerk

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe you'd inject that tone and attitude in this.

May 15, 2013, 4:01 PM [ in reply to What I took from this is to not drive in front of you.*** ]

No wait, as long as you wear a seatbelt we can continue to laugh with you. If you don't wear a seatbelt we'll all be laughing at you. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, thanks for the two thumbs downs, idiot donors.***

May 16, 2013, 9:38 AM [ in reply to What I took from this is to not drive in front of you.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do you find calling them "idiot donors" helps?

May 16, 2013, 9:48 AM

only serious responses please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I know they're donors, because that is an established

May 16, 2013, 9:51 AM

rule.

I called them idiots because my post was obviously satirical in nature and non-offensive. They would've been better off just posting saying they disagree or that it wasn't funny.

So yup, it does help me. Serious enough?

Re: Well, I know they're donors, because that is an established

May 16, 2013, 9:53 AM

No... I expected a way more thoroug response than that.

why do you find yourself so entitled to a response? i find

May 16, 2013, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Well, I know they're donors, because that is an established ]

their response pretty spot on obvious, simple and to the point or rather, counter point.

maybe you're just more sensitive to your pulse than others, which is fine if that's how you roll, but idiots?

are non-donor, military accounts allowed to td?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just exhibits cowardice to hide behind anonymity.

May 16, 2013, 10:00 AM

I believe my character and work I've done for Tigernet, especially to the donors, deserves some respect from others.

I am very sensitive, I might just go back to the lunge and commit suicide.

Yes, they are.

are you really going to play the "pick em" contest card?

May 16, 2013, 10:03 AM

come on krzy, all i keep seeing from you is "waaaaaaaa...", i really hope you're bigger than this.

Maybe you mistake discussing something as

May 16, 2013, 10:07 AM

complaining, or did you miss the second paragraph of my post as "I really don't care, this is all a joke and I'm just posting a discussion"?

You're the one who has wound himself up over me calling people idiots.

Re: Maybe you mistake discussing something as

May 16, 2013, 10:09 AM

Are y'all having an internet fight? Awww...

He has me going, I keep finding myself going

May 16, 2013, 10:10 AM

But I'm rolling with it.

Re: He has me going, I keep finding myself going

May 16, 2013, 10:12 AM

I think you meant "But I'm going with it."

^^^ idiot!

May 16, 2013, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe you mistake discussing something as ]

am i helping? did that help? was that helpful?

just pressure testing another poster's theory, don't mind me.

;)

if that was the first time you cried about a td i wouldn't

May 16, 2013, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Maybe you mistake discussing something as ]

have mentioned it, it's not, mr. happy idiot trigger finger, simply because someone didn't find the humor in your post.

so to say you don't care when you have gotten butt hurt many times before over a td seems a little silly.

hey, you're sensitive, not that there's anything wrong with that.

It appears you're still going serious on this.

May 16, 2013, 10:18 AM

You realize all the time I think about getting the TD is when I look at my post for responses, see there was a TD, and if I thought the post didn't deserve a TD, I make a post about it...then forget. If that's getting "butt hurt", then I better quit watching Clemson sports because if I really get "butt hurt" over pointing out something, then I might really kill myself over a Clemson game.

This is getting boring though, as you've made me think about this TD way too much.

Re: It appears you're still going serious on this.

May 16, 2013, 10:21 AM

Well what about THIS one... this would have been much more effective if I could give TD's... poot.

i hope it made you think about calling people idiots for

May 16, 2013, 10:25 AM [ in reply to It appears you're still going serious on this. ]

simply hitting a button you don't care for or have asked the mods a number of times to require a post to use.

gasp, the horror.

Nope, they're still idiots.

May 16, 2013, 10:27 AM

I've never asked the mods for a number of times to require a post to use a TD.

I have asked for something along the lines of hovering over the pulse box (heh) in the bottom right and you would see "Upvoted this post: soccerkrzy, deadsolidperfect|Downvoted this post: GWPTiger". Much like how many boards work.

well thanks for continuing to prove you don't care.***

May 16, 2013, 10:28 AM

Dude, I waste so much time on Tigernet, I will typically

May 16, 2013, 10:30 AM

respond to a post when someone replies to me...

gasp, what a concept

Keep it up guys. brb going to get some popcorn.***

May 16, 2013, 10:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I don't wanna.***

May 16, 2013, 10:33 AM

Re: I don't wanna.***

May 16, 2013, 10:36 AM

Are you whinning again... that sounds like whinning.

Hey! Leave me out of your little slap fight***

May 16, 2013, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Nope, they're still idiots. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

When you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.***

May 16, 2013, 9:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.***

May 16, 2013, 9:35 PM

I have never found or saw a flea on my dog. So don't slander dogs like that!!!

Unfortunately, can't say the same about dsp and soccerkrzy***

May 16, 2013, 9:48 PM

don't be hatin on krzy...

May 16, 2013, 9:53 PM

he's paper trained.

Good point. Just wish he would get out of the habit of

May 16, 2013, 9:57 PM

licking himself in front of company.

try a rolled up newspaper...

May 16, 2013, 10:33 PM

always worked on gwp.

Did the rolled-up newspaper also dissuade his incessant

May 16, 2013, 10:39 PM

leghumping?

well, he only did it to company...

May 16, 2013, 11:09 PM

so we let him finish.

Re: try a rolled up newspaper...

May 17, 2013, 10:09 AM [ in reply to try a rolled up newspaper... ]

Is that y'all's ##### toy of choice?

are you looking for a recommendation?

May 17, 2013, 11:02 AM

wait, wut?

;)

Yes...

May 17, 2013, 11:35 AM

I mean NO! Of course not. Maybe... why?

Re: Just exhibits cowardice to hide behind anonymity.

May 16, 2013, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Just exhibits cowardice to hide behind anonymity. ]

Can I help you commit suicide... wait, wut?

Remember the IceColdTiger post?

May 16, 2013, 10:08 AM

Yea, that was me.

Re: Well, I know they're donors, because that is an established

May 16, 2013, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Well, I know they're donors, because that is an established ]

It's just some can't tell the difference between a serial killer and just good humor!!!

Had I lost a family member for lack of a seatbelt...

May 16, 2013, 12:24 PM [ in reply to LOL, thanks for the two thumbs downs, idiot donors.*** ]

I might have TDed you too. I'd imagine folks who have, might struggle to laugh at a seatbelt joke. I know you like having fun and so do most of us but you gotta look at other perspectives to be fair. Of course being fair ain't funny and it ain't nekkid wimmins either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny (not haha funny) you should post this today. We had

May 15, 2013, 1:33 PM

a wreck in front of our house last night and I was one of the first ones on the scene. I think everybody was wearing seatbelts -- they had all climbed out of their vehicles by the time I made it out there. The EMTs took two of them to the hospital but there didn't appear to be any serious injuries. The guy in one of the vehicles (a Clemson grad) said he couldn't believe he didn't have a scratch on him given how his truck looked.

But joetigerny, I gotta agree with satchelkrzy. Not sure if I want to be driving anywhere near you. If fact, I'm a little afraid to be even POSTING behind you ;)

I been on too many wreck calls in the past.

May 15, 2013, 1:50 PM

I've seen five fatalities that should have been ZERO if they had their seatbelts on.

My wife used to unbuckle hers when we'd get about a 1/4 mie from the house. That's when I showed her the statistic that 50% of vehicular accidents happen within 1/2 mile of home, and 80% within 10 miles.

She now stays hitched up until the tires hit the driveway(no, she is NOT pulling the car like some of you might infer...)

If 80% of traffic accidents happen within 10 miles of home,

May 15, 2013, 1:51 PM

then maybe we should move 11 miles away ;)

I agree with you that one should wear a seatbelt until the

May 15, 2013, 3:55 PM [ in reply to I been on too many wreck calls in the past. ]

car is stopped and not take it off beforehand, but you (and everyone else who uses this statistic) is misusing it. 80% of the accidents happen close to home because 80%+ of trips require one to drive that 10 miles from their home twice. Certainly, driving close to home is not any less dangerous than driving anywhere else, but it is definitely not more dangerous.

I agree, but...

May 15, 2013, 11:07 PM

..people tend to get a bit nonchalant and too familiar near their home and often are not as careful when in very familiar surroundings.

Re: I agree with you that one should wear a seatbelt until the

May 16, 2013, 7:33 AM [ in reply to I agree with you that one should wear a seatbelt until the ]

Given the amount of cars parked on the road in our neighborhood (necessitating a lot of weaving and one-way passages) and the amount of lazy/inattentive drivers who whip around curves and cut off turns, there's absolutely no way I wouldn't wear a seatbelt in my neighborhood. I've had several situations in the past few years where I just barely missed a head-on collision. I feel safer on the interstate than I do driving in my neighbhorhood.

I agree...

May 16, 2013, 7:56 AM [ in reply to I agree with you that one should wear a seatbelt until the ]

People drive close to home more than they drive anywhere else. Whenever you go somewhere, you're leaving from home. If 80% of accidents happen close to home, I'd bet that around 80% of the miles a person drives is within 10 miles of home. This is a statistic that can scare people, but it makes all the sense in the world.

I wonder how far from home 80% of fatal accidents occur? That would be interesting to know.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Re: I agree...

May 16, 2013, 9:39 AM

That's why you always wear your seat belts Period

You can turn the stats anyway you want to but for the people that don't wear the belt it's just dumb

AND get off the phone and NEVER TXT

Re: Funny (not haha funny) you should post this today. We had

May 15, 2013, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Funny (not haha funny) you should post this today. We had ]

Behind is fine... its like Seatbltcrzy said... its in front of me thats dangerous.

Good point. Anytime I post in FRONT of you, I get a

May 15, 2013, 3:34 PM

smarta**, dooshbaggy reply from you ;)

So if I stay behind you...please, no cropdusting.

Re: Good point. Anytime I post in FRONT of you, I get a

May 15, 2013, 3:37 PM

I am not responsible for anything that is left behind. ;)

They make those little baggies for you to use to dispose of

May 15, 2013, 3:51 PM

anything you leave behind.

You only need to worry when he posts AFTER you!***

May 15, 2013, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Funny (not haha funny) you should post this today. We had ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks and Prayers for the girls family.........

May 15, 2013, 1:50 PM

My daughter who goes to Riverside HS knew the passenger killed that went to Eastside HS. Very tragic and more than likely could have been prevented.

Re: Thanks and Prayers for the girls family.........

May 15, 2013, 2:51 PM

Sadly it definitely could have been prevented. The Truck had a little damage on the front a little on the side and a little on the top. It could have probably been driven away.

Many people think backseat passengers don't need to be in seatbelts

May 15, 2013, 2:04 PM

But as you know they are wrong. I even wear seat belts in taxis.

What about backseat

May 15, 2013, 2:12 PM

drivers? I want to make sure Mrs. cutigerbob is safe.

Funny that most states don't agree with you when it comes to

May 15, 2013, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Many people think backseat passengers don't need to be in seatbelts ]

seatbelts on school buses.

I guess they feel thet are too much of a hastle for boarding and unboarding.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I agree about the taxis...

May 15, 2013, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Many people think backseat passengers don't need to be in seatbelts ]

...just think, you go to a strange location and get in a taxi with a driver that can barely speak English and probably learned to drive in a county that had no traffic laws and he drives like a suicide bomber and many of the drivers around you are just like him.

I think I'll start packing latex gloves just to dig out the seat belt from the seat crevice. Obviously most New Yorkers have a death wish because the seat belts are always hard to find.

Re: Many people think backseat passengers don't need to be in seatbelts

May 16, 2013, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Many people think backseat passengers don't need to be in seatbelts ]

If people in the back seat are not wearing seat belts and you have a wreck they will cover over the seats and can break your neck on their way out the windshield

Re: Deer Tnet... (serious)

May 16, 2013, 7:44 AM

Here is what happens when you dont wear your seatbelts during a roll over....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 16, 2013, 9:35 AM

Sadly... that is very close to the position of the people with the two kids and the mom. That is actually kinda creepy.

May 16, 2013, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Tnet... (serious) ]

That's what happens when dummies drive

Lots of dummies driving around Charlotte these days.***

May 16, 2013, 9:45 AM

Re: Lots of dummies driving around Charlotte these days.***

May 16, 2013, 9:54 AM

Pretty well known fact... North Carolinians are some of the worst drivers.

Georgia drivers are a close second***

May 16, 2013, 11:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I'm sorry.

May 16, 2013, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Lots of dummies driving around Charlotte these days.*** ]

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

WOW!

May 16, 2013, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Tnet... (serious) ]

That is extremely revealing and tragic if real people are involved.

But, I can't help laughing at the launching of the passenger. Does that make me sick?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Stupid should hurt. If you

May 16, 2013, 2:22 PM

choose to be stupid and poke a bear with a stick, it's not a tragedy when the bear mauls you. If you don't wear your seat belt, when you're ejected from a vehicle, it's your own fault.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in an 80mph rollover accident just like that

May 16, 2013, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Tnet... (serious) ]

On I-95 10 years ago when an old man came across the median and almost hit us head on. We both wore seatbelts and both climbed out fine.

If you aren't wearing a seatbelt in a car, you are a complete idiot.

You must be from Greenville.

May 16, 2013, 11:51 AM

Or around there.

That 16 year old was one of my students.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You must be from Greenville.

May 16, 2013, 12:36 PM

I live in Greer... they wrecked right at my neighborhood entrance.

my momma always said "If you ride in my car, you will wear

May 16, 2013, 7:47 PM

your seatbelt. I don't want you flying over the seat and hitting me!" :D

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Great post!

May 16, 2013, 8:23 PM

I have worked in emergency services for almost 24 years now and out of the thousands of wrecks I have ran I never walked away thinking "You know, they would have been OK if they didn't wear their seat belt."

I feel sure that the law of averages can eventually come to play and there will be a wreck where not wearing a seat belt will save someone's life, but in my professional experience while a seat belt will not save everybody, it will save you more often than not.

Re: What I took from this is to not drive in front of you.***

May 16, 2013, 9:21 PM

U sir are an incentive smart ###. As a trauma surgeon in my day. I see no humor in your classless comment. There r times to be an insensitive dude on this board but u lose tonight arsehole.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic