Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer TAMU fans: be prepared for the toxic culture that snake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,241

Deer TAMU fans: be prepared for the toxic culture that snake

Sep 8, 2019, 9:02 AM

oil salesman Jimbo Fisher will bring to Texas. The littany of excuses after getting physically whipped yesterday, the poor conditioning, the mouthy attitudes before the game, multiple players flopping but then magically getting up at timeouts, players taking cheap shots, etc. is just the start of what will be a bumpy ride to the bottom.

If TAMU sold their soul in search of W's but in the process was willing to tarnish the good name of your university, that's a shame. You're better than that.

We at Clemson are far too familiar with Jimbo's antics during his time at FSU and frankly, were glad to see him leave the ACC. He's a disgrace. That last drive in garbage time was typical Jimbo---that was about HIM---not your team or your players. Make no mistake about it.

Good luck but he'll rapidly wear out his welcome mat at TAMU as he did in Tallahassee.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Deer TAMU fans: be prepared for the toxic culture that snake

Sep 8, 2019, 9:20 AM

I posted this on SEC Rant...I gave you credit..It should set them off nicely...

The truth usually hurts..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Sep 8, 2019, 9:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:24 AM

Yup.

Add also the fact that the main thing missing from A&M's team was heart. They were clearly physically talented, almost as much so as Clemson. They played with us quite well...for a quarter.

Then they got punched in the mouth and folded like a cheap suit.

That's likely to show up more than a bit this year, because that schedule of theirs is a pure grind. When faced with adversity, you can't go down as willingly as they did yesterday or it's going to be a mighty long season.

That team probably has 10-2-type talent even against their murderer's row of a schedule but that lack of heart could see them to 8-4 or even 7-5. We saw nothing but that kind of quit in Jimbo's last few teams...and it all started because Jimbo Fisher, at the end of the day, is a self-motivated hustler who doesn't care squat about his players.

It is, as you said, always been about Jimbo, to Jimbo.

But Oh Man is A&M ever on the hook. I'm pretty sure that entire $75 million contract of his is all guaranteed. The fascinating thing is, the year before he got A&M to somehow bite on that contract, he tried to bait-and-switch LSU into a similar deal (albeit just for $70 million in all-guaranteed dollars) and they told him to get bent...and went and brought back Ed the Ogre instead. Funny how that works.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 9:25 AM

Nailed it--as eloquently as ever.

Screw Calford.

The Arrests are coming next

Sep 8, 2019, 9:27 AM

Unfortunately, we will see arrests, girls being mistreated as Jimbo brings the type of players that have questionable character....

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Sep 8, 2019, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer TAMU fans: be prepared for the toxic culture that snake ]

Given that TAMU and the coots have similarly tough schedules I expect to see 2 crumpled up cheap suits in the middle of the field when they play.

They don't know him like we do...they should have done...

Sep 8, 2019, 11:20 AM

...their homework.

Always thought of aTm as a clean wholesome clan but they are about to see their image tarnished. I give Jimbo about 4 years to completely eff things up over there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD! Well said!***

Sep 8, 2019, 11:31 AM

Sep 8, 2019, 11:34 AM

Not defending Jimbo, but if my team is down by 21 with two or three minutes left, I'm gonna be letdown by the lack of effort if they give up and don't try to score. Heck, I would have gone for the onside kick after the TD. Nothing to lose and it makes a statement that we ain't gonna be quiters. Dabo will be the first to remind everyone there are 60 minutes in a football game.

Sep 8, 2019, 11:47 AM

Well said! I agree100%... The man has no class and trust me if he had managed to beat Clemson he would have laughed hysterically all the way to his bank ??

This is a very poor take...

Sep 8, 2019, 11:47 AM

While I agree with some of your statements regarding how Jimbo manages his programs, I take exception to 3 points:
1.) How can you question Jimbo’s desire to score on the last drive? There was a ton for that team to play for there. It kept us from covering the spread and stopped our win streak of consecutive games won by 20+ one short of Bama’s record. It helped their conference, and it taught their players not to quit. There was nothing wrong with what Jimbo did. It’s our bust that allowed it. We should do our job and stop it.

2.) It’s only his second season at A&M. It’s a little early to proclaim their demise. It has become obvious that Jimbo did not ya e the support of the FSU administration, whereas he clearly has it at A&M. Let’s give it 2 more years before we pass judgment.

3.) You stayed that players were poorly condition, but then turn around and say his teams intentionally flopped and faked injuries. I get it, but pick one. Almost all of our coaches including Dabo blamed poor conditioning, and I think that’s exactly what we saw yesterday.

Anyway, their fans were super classy and there is no need to make them feel worse by taking a shot a Jimbo. Just win with class and move on. If the things you say are true, then it will happen with or without this post.

Go Tigers!

Re: This is a very poor take...

Sep 8, 2019, 12:04 PM

I won’t speak for the poster, but I heard a nearby fan at the game questioning why Jimbo would leave Mond in there taking big hits when the game was out of reach. Would’ve been a nice opportunity to get the backup some valuable snaps while saving Mond’s health.

Message was edited by: cofctigerincola®

WL

Sep 8, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to This is a very poor take... ]

I would say that Jimbo didn't have the support of the FSU administration because James Thrasher, the FSU president, was, to his credit, doing his level best to fight that toxic permissive culture that had grown up in Tally. Thrasher apparently was not thrilled that FSU players were dragging girls off into the bushes and punching them in the face left and right, and that the cops, town, and coaching staff were all complicit in covering it up and were hardly interested in making it stop...at least as long as FSU continued to win games. Thrasher's concern was apparently rooted in Title IX...things were sufficiently out of control down there he reportedly (legitimately!) feared getting hit with a class-action lawsuit and losing his Federal funding. Keep in mind Thrasher took over right as Famous Jameis had skated out from under what looked like very credible rape accusations from Erica Kinsmana and then got caught singing "grab them by the p@$$#" in the student quad, just by way of confirming he was untouchable. Dalvin Cook had also been accused of punching a girl unconscious outside a Tally bar, and the girlfriend of another RB, Karlos Williams, was accused of domestic battery...he of course skated scot-free, and the girl withdrew from school in a swarm of screeching denial. It wasn't just the Title IX aspect; boosters were starting to mutiny as well.

Jimbo could have cared less about any of that. True story: when Taggart took over the program and was doing initial player interviews, a lot of the players apparently commented they hadn't seen the coaches' offices since they'd been recruited. Jimbo didn't just have a closed-door policy, he had a closed-floor policy; his players weren't even allowed up on the coaches' level. And it had been like that since well before Jimbo.

There was a reason Bobby Bowden - as well as Jimbo - always used to call players by their numbers instead of their names, and the reason was because he simply didn't know - or care to know - most of their names.

Also, the latest APR - Academic Progress Report - just came out a month or so ago. FSU was dead last in grad rates among all 129 FBS schools.

That's why Jimbo wasn't getting FSU's "support". They had a genuine problem going and were trying to address it.

Sep 8, 2019, 1:31 PM

Well spoken point.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,241
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic