Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deep Passes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Deep Passes

Sep 18, 2017, 1:21 PM

I am 34 years old and Deshaun Watson is the best I have ever seen at Clemson in the QB position. That being said just curious as to how many think KB is a much better deep down field passer than Deshaun. Is it just me or is there more danger down field now that it is KBs team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you look at DWs first yr

Sep 18, 2017, 1:24 PM

He was.very accurate on deep balls but they tended to float. When he flattened it out,.that's when his accuracy took a hit imo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you look at DWs first yr

Sep 18, 2017, 1:26 PM

I'd have to save with just three games under his belt he does appear more dialed in on deep balls than DW4. However, it'll be hard for him to unseat TB10 who had so many downfield shots to SW, MB, NH, etc..

Re: If you look at DWs first yr

Sep 18, 2017, 1:28 PM

Recently watched some old video of Tajh, and honestly had forgotten what a great deep ball he threw.

Tajh did throw a pretty deep ball!

Sep 18, 2017, 1:36 PM

Nm

I think it's because the teams that we have played

Sep 18, 2017, 1:25 PM

So far are bringing 8 defenders in the box and wanting Bryant to throw. However that leaves single coverage on our wideouts and they are to talented for single coverage. I'd let kb sling it in single coverage all day long.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mentioned this in another thread

Sep 18, 2017, 1:34 PM

but I'm not sure that KB is better than DW at throwing deep passes. I think he tends to under throw instead of overthrow. I think that makes it look like he is more on target because it gives guys a chance to adjust back to the ball. DW overthrew lots of guys and gave them no shot to catch the ball but he also gave the defenders no shot to catch the ball. KB has put a few throws in jeopardy by leaving them short and our WRs have had to play defense.

Kelly missed a sure TD to Cain by badly under throwing one

Sep 18, 2017, 1:35 PM

deep ball making Cain stop to wait on it. I think it's a little early to start calling Bryant superior to Deshaun Watson in any respect ... especially passing.

Still, I've been pleasantly surprised at Kelly's downfield touch. His entire passing game has been a great surprise.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deep Passes

Sep 18, 2017, 2:38 PM

I think Tajh threw the best deep balls I've seen at Clemson. He could just flick it and he had All-Pro NFL Caliber receivers down field making plays but he made it look so easy. As incredible as Deshaun was to watch the deep balls could be hit or miss in terms of accuracy at times, that was kind of his Achilles Heel.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic