Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Decommit comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Decommit comments

Jan 7, 2013, 5:53 PM

My $0.02 on the subject is this...who wants the drama that had enveloped the recruitment of Robinson. Regardless of the talent, we don't need any divas on the team. It seems he was having a good time toying with both schools. As far as Jenkins, he was 100% Tiger until the coaching change at Tennessee. He was one of our biggest recruiters at camps and visits. Tell me how many of you out there would not want to follow in your father's athletic footsteps if given the chance. Apparently he wasn't given the chance prior to the coaching change. Best of luck to him. Now let's concentrate on North.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Decommit comments

Jan 7, 2013, 6:07 PM

Amen to concentrating on North. I wouldn't turn my hand over for the difference between he and Robinson on the field. As a citizen, I think North wins hands down.

Kids -- it is hard to tell what they really want sometimes

Jan 7, 2013, 6:11 PM

because they don't know or unsure.

I give my kids these two simple rules:

1) if you are not sure about something and you don't have to make a decision right now, don't make a decision.
2) I do also teach them, your word/hand shake is better than any contract.

Now, did things change for Jenkins since he last committed to Clemson? I would say yes, and he might be justified to change his commitment. I 'll be thinking twice about coming to Clemson because of the all the parties that our OC went to. However, there is another lesson here that one should tell his kids, you commit to a school/education and not a coach.

RN de-commitment shows a weakness in character because nothing changed @ Clemson. I wish him the best but people will remember this about him and his character even his own friends. They will never know if he is true or not.
Keep that in mind RN.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Jenkins at WR? real reason he decommitted?

Jan 7, 2013, 6:11 PM

Tigers ,ave several fast TALL wide recievers - Martavis, harone, Williams
who is coming in is 6' 5", a couple of reserves who are 6' 4 and looked good in practice. Legget coming in is 6'6". Would he beat out Sammy and his back up who has sure hands and quickness?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jenkins at WR? real reason he decommitted?

Jan 7, 2013, 6:52 PM

We need depth. Peaked and Bryant need to step up big time. Would Akia Booker be an option as I have heard his grades have gotten better.

Re: Re: Jenkins at WR? real reason he decommitted?

Jan 7, 2013, 6:54 PM

Booker is worth a shot even if he had to go to prep school thats worth it imo.

Re: Re: Jenkins at WR? real reason he decommitted?

Jan 7, 2013, 7:09 PM

Booker would not qualify even with Prep School.

He is not on a traditional high school graduation path. It is not about his grades but about the courses he has taken (or not taken) during his 4 years of high school.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic