Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whale boys and girl, it was on this day 10 years ago that I...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 291

Whale boys and girl, it was on this day 10 years ago that I...

Oct 12, 2018, 7:41 PM

joined TNet. I just noticed my member since date. For over 7 years, I didn’t post much. My good buddy, cu85tuger, kept telling me of this magical place on TN...particularly this one fella who posts about his beers almost every single day. Who knew I would one day get the privilege of drinking pints with said fella? I told cu85: “sure I’ll look it up one day”.

I’d really never made it past the front page, and then one day, I stumbled into this wonderful place. I read about beers, bands, teddies, food, sneks, random stories about coworkers and family members, and our tigers, of course. I started laughing and losing.

I came to appreciate the characters that hang out in the day and night. I even got banded after I posted Chris Finney’s phone number as a stoopid joke. Turns out, a Leaking ###### at the very same time posted Finney’s number in the mange on a ‘tix for sale’ post...and my name was “mentioned”. That “tickled” me.

I’ve made friends here. It just feels like home.
cu85tiger, thanks for helping me waste countless hours doing something I really enjoy.
I share this decade with Dabo as our head coach. I hope we get to celebrate many more with the best coach in college football!

I’m cracking open a Zodiak Multiverse and listening to the biggest rivalry game in the upstate: Rebels v. Cavs. May the fighting Willy Korns demolish those pesky Adam Humphries!...and of course, hanging out in the Jounge.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry I ruined your life

Oct 12, 2018, 7:45 PM

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

oct 13,2008

Oct 12, 2018, 7:48 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats the day I joined

Oct 12, 2018, 7:52 PM

and why.
I had something to say, even though I could read without joining, I couldn't post my opinion.

Message was edited by: OSF®

Message was edited by: OSF®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not the same day or event that caused me to join.

Oct 12, 2018, 8:15 PM

I think it was the bullcrap "targeting" call against Robert Smith vs Wake that got me fired up to want to post. Took me a little while to wander over to this strange place. But glad I did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didnt wander over

Oct 12, 2018, 8:30 PM

I was recruited.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And a 5 Star at that

Oct 13, 2018, 8:50 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eye new it was coming.

Oct 12, 2018, 8:29 PM [ in reply to oct 13,2008 ]

??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2003, that's when i joined, now i feel old.

Oct 12, 2018, 9:29 PM

:(

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 291
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic