Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Debo, Toad, and The Coots Classless Culture
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Debo, Toad, and The Coots Classless Culture

Apr 26, 2019, 6:47 AM

The “Hey, Billy, I’ll see you in a month, my man” comment Debo Samuel made tells you all you need to know about the classless culture of the coots and the character of their players. You get a workout with arguably the greatest NFL coach of all time and suddenly you think you are on a first name basis. I’m guessing Tom Brady didn’t meet his coach and call him “Billy,”: I doubt he calls him “Billy” now. I know he does call him Bill, but I’d say he’s earned that right.

If you’ve been around a while you may remember this isn’t a first, and it shouldn’t surprise you that Toad Ellis did much the same thing. I remember seeing him on the news when Denver drafted him in a late, late round close to three decades ago, back when the draft went on forever. They interviewed him and he said “yeah, I’m looking forward to helping John and Gary with the quarterback situation there” (or he said something close to that). I remember thinking then, “this dumbxxx got drafted today and he acts like he’s been friends with John Elway and Gary Kubiak his whole life, and that he’s already an important part of the team.” No humility, no sense of self-awareness. That lack of class, or social awareness, or the need to pay ones dues, has stuck with me my whole life, in that it was a great example of what NOT to do. That’s why the stupid cra p he says like “cycling out” doesn’t surprise me.

Of course the idiot didn’t make the team and never played a down in the NFL. Debo probably will play of course, but he’s another product of a program that teaches young men next to nothing about how you comport yourself off the field.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another Capon whose mouth/ego are bigger than his talent?

Apr 26, 2019, 7:29 AM

There's a shocker !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Debo, Toad, and The Coots Classless Culture

Apr 26, 2019, 7:57 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Debo, Toad, and The Coots Classless Culture

Apr 26, 2019, 8:21 AM

Back in the 70's when I graduated from Clemson, I was advised to use the first name of the people I was interviewing with. So based on that advise, I do not agree with your view.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic