Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Debating on surprising my 7 year old
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Debating on surprising my 7 year old

Jan 5, 2017, 9:53 PM

Im debating on buying a ticket to take my 7 year old to the Natty. I feel guilty on not taking him and I know after we win and years later it will be one of those things we can look back on. Is anyone having these same feelings?

Please save the "he's too young to enjoy football" or "you are such a bad parent for letting him miss school and stay up late" posts because IDGARA about that and he's been to many games and loves Clemson football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Debating on surprising my 7 year old

Jan 5, 2017, 9:56 PM

Take him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2017, 10:29 PM

This! He will remember it, and you never will forget it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2017, 9:58 PM

Do it!

You're right, he'll never forget it.***

Jan 5, 2017, 10:00 PM

Took my Boy to Clemson @ 2 & to NDame at 9

Jan 5, 2017, 10:15 PM

And every which a way between including Bowls (Woody & '82 NC) and now 46, CU Grad & goes to Soccer & FB on his own now.

TAKE HiM!! ??????

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still remember my grandfather taking me to my first bowl

Jan 5, 2017, 10:16 PM

game like it was yesterday.

Can he do cadence count? Does he boo the woohoo?

Jan 5, 2017, 10:02 PM

Does he run up to the hot girls to get the orange paw painted on his face?

A yes to at least one of those means he understands enough to be allowed to go. If you can afford it, there really is no reason to keep the next generation of Tiger fans away from this game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2017, 10:06 PM

YOU'RE WASTING TIME GET YOUR TICKETS! HE'LL BE ABLE TO TELL PEOPLE WHENEVER IT'S TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS THAT HE WAS THERE WITH HIS DAD!!!! DO IT!

Jan 5, 2017, 10:11 PM

Absolutely!

Jan 5, 2017, 10:12 PM

I remember when 'Bama came to Death Valley in 1967. The Tigers were heavy underdogs and played 'Bama to a heartbreaking 13-10 loss. I was 8....

Take him, he will never forget it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2017, 10:18 PM

You guys are the best and the motivation I needed. Thank you all!

quick question

Jan 5, 2017, 11:04 PM

are you certain you don't have a long lost 40 to 50 something year old son that you have never met living in North Carolina?? i think you do, pop. i've been looking for you most of my life and it would be wonderful for the 3 of us to get to know one another in tampa. thanks for the ticket and i'll see you there. i knew you'd find me! i knew it dad!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Pick me up on your way***

Jan 6, 2017, 8:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Jan 5, 2017, 10:18 PM

My Dad took me to the 24 hour La Mans race when I was about 10. To be honest.....I really don't like racing at all....but I will never forget that time with him. We still tell stories from that trip.

If you can afford the expense, do it!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2017, 10:24 PM

I got left at home in 1981 when I was 10 and I'm still p1ssed! lol granted it was the correct decision by my parents as Miami in 1981/2 was no place for a kid. The beauty of this is now I'm taking my wife and 10 year old son to the freaking NATTY tmw am for a long weekend!!!

TAKE HIM! Knowing doing so has its limitations but memories that will never be forgotten!

Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 5, 2017, 10:24 PM

I was offered a ticket to go to the game but chose to give it to my 11 year old son,he was ecstatic.

I was 14 in '81 at the OB.Greatest game of my life. Take him***

Jan 5, 2017, 10:37 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jan 5, 2017, 10:49 PM

Are you looking to adopt by chance?

7 is a lot different than 2-5

Jan 5, 2017, 10:53 PM

Take him!

Same boat.....I have been thinking I need 2 tix....now I

Jan 5, 2017, 10:57 PM

think 3.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On second thoughts, he's way to young to appreciate it.

Jan 5, 2017, 11:02 PM

He won't remember any of it and would rather stay home and play with his ipad. But I would remember it for the rest of the few short years I have left and never let you forget it. Where should I meet you to hitch a ride? TIA.

Jan 5, 2017, 11:19 PM

Take him if you can! There are very few opportunities to enjoy an event of this magnitude with your son while he is still dependent on you.

I missed the opportunity to take my wife and kids to Phoenix last year and was determined not to miss it this time. My 16 year old son and 13 year old daughter could not be more excited (not to mention my wife). I am blessed to be able to enjoy this with them!

Name one person more important to celebrate the win with?***

Jan 5, 2017, 11:33 PM

Jan 5, 2017, 11:34 PM

I've been going to games since I was in diapers I was about that age in 03 for the chicfila bowl (my first bowl game) personally I remember it pretty vividly and definitely appreciate my dad for bringing me along:)

You gonna go WILKINS on him Clark ?

Jan 5, 2017, 11:45 PM

he wouldn't be more surprised unless he woke up with his face sewn to the carpet .......

null

I'm a grad and fan. My Clemson watching is with my daughter, she's 14.

Jan 6, 2017, 3:15 AM

Last year we were able to get to phx. This year a buddy was kind enough to offer a face value ticket.. but I declined. I'll be with my daughter cheering from home.. and I love this guy, Clemson roommate and like a brother to me.
There's no moral right or wrong, listen to your heart and do what's right for you.

I will say, 7 and 14 are very different.. i probably would have said yes to my buddy's offer if my daughter were 7.

null

Jan 6, 2017, 6:13 AM

I remember watching the 81 game with dad at home when I was 9. Didn't make it physically to the game but still the most memorable time spent between the two us high fiving in our living room! Vivid and special w/out traveling and spending $ You two will certainly bond either way

It's your money, do what you want. IDGARA***

Jan 6, 2017, 7:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Take him! Enjoy the journey and the game.***

Jan 6, 2017, 7:21 AM

Nike BABY, Nike!!

Jan 6, 2017, 7:55 AM

JUST DO IT!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 6, 2017, 8:05 AM

Take me instead. 7 y/o won't remember it and appreciate it.

Jan 6, 2017, 8:47 AM

Take the kid but don't tell him you're going to. Just wake him up at his normal time, have his stuff packed and in the car without his knowledge, and start heading down to the game. You will laugh for years about how long it took him to figure out something was up, plus you get all that excitement right next to you for the rest of the trip when you do finally tell him where he's going :)

I couldn't completely enjoy the game without my son there

Jan 6, 2017, 8:46 AM

with me. It's what we do...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wished my Dad had taken me to '81 game!***

Jan 6, 2017, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Doesn't sound like much of a debate.....

Jan 6, 2017, 9:13 AM

if you feel that strong about it, go ahead.

And, for the record, I agree. Take him.

Jan 6, 2017, 9:21 AM

My dad took me to the Gator bowl where we beat Ohio State, The Peach Bowl where we lost to Baylor and to the Orange bowl where we beat Nebraska and won the National Championship and I will never forget the experience. So I say DO IT!!!!! You nor he will never forget it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic