Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't want Dabo to go all "Doeren" about it, but I do hope
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Don't want Dabo to go all "Doeren" about it, but I do hope

Nov 12, 2017, 10:57 AM

I do hope to see some sort of official complaint to the ACC about the egregious targeting on Carter and even more so about the celebration of it on the FSU sidelines by the player, the team, and even some staffers, that lasted all the way to the locker room.

IMHO, that guy should never dress for another FSU game ... EVER! That should be an easy decision for Jimbo Fisher and his staff, or the FSU AD.

But, if not, then it should be a move made quickly and decisively by the ACC.

The entire intent of the targeting rule is to protect players from injury. When a guy intentionally tries to hurt another player and then celebrates it without remorse, that player should be permanently kicked off the team.

Maybe this is already underway? Who knows. I haven't heard much discussion by Dabo and have seen no apologies coming out of FSU.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't want Dabo to go all "Doeren" about it, but I do hope

Nov 12, 2017, 10:59 AM

I think it's actually more serious than that---this was a blatant attempt to take one of our starters out by a backup scrub. He knew he was going to be sent off, and it was obvious from what occurred on FSU's sideline this was planned from the start---he was being congratulated.

There is no place in the game for this. I think a multi-game suspension is in order. The ACC has to crack down on this type of thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Not suspended ... permanently removed. Kicked off!

Nov 12, 2017, 11:01 AM

Scholarship rescinded.

Re: Not suspended ... permanently removed. Kicked off!

Nov 12, 2017, 11:03 AM

Not sure the ACC can do that---though I agree. However, fines/suspensions for the coaches who celebrated with the player are in order and can be enforced.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 12, 2017, 11:22 AM

do you have video of coaches celebrating with the player?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Nov 12, 2017, 12:14 PM

If you watch the entire incident on tape, you'll see multiple players and some "staff" celebrating with him on the sidelines. Coaches? Well, it's hard to tell. But, definitely non-player staffers.

The Criminoles won't rescind the scholly

Nov 12, 2017, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Not suspended ... permanently removed. Kicked off! ]

They wanted him to take out one of the DBs. It is impossible to prove unless he rolls over on them, so ban from ACC play. The league needs to send a message about "headhunting".

Exactly ... when intent is egregious and obvious, then

Nov 12, 2017, 12:21 PM

... then more stringent measures need to be put in place.

This guy's criminal behavior (so far) has gotten basically the same penalty as someone who accidentally taps another player's helmet in a scrum.

This was an entirely new level of viciousness with intent on bodily harm.

Needs to be severely dealt with!

Agreed and spot on...

Nov 12, 2017, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't want Dabo to go all "Doeren" about it, but I do hope ]

I actually began to think that perhaps the culture in the FSU program had begun to change under Fisher, but last night renewed my disgust for EVERYONE that is part of that thug outfit.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Agreed and spot on...

Nov 12, 2017, 11:18 AM

Don't expect Fisher to do anything, especially after the incident where the coaches intervened in the assualt on the girl. Have lost all respect, as if I had a lot to start with at FSU. Wish Clemson would just tell the ACC to go to he77 and leave the conference. I knoe, 50 mil buyout, but this is crazy. The ACC is starting to look like a criminal conference.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimbo Fisher should be suspended***

Nov 12, 2017, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't want Dabo to go all "Doeren" about it, but I do hope ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody got a chain?

Nov 12, 2017, 11:07 AM

Thought I would send this to FSU coaching staff to pass around when players respond to “coaching”.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That guy actually needs a psych evaluation

Nov 12, 2017, 11:12 AM

Yep. Crossed the line between inadvertent to "assault" once

Nov 12, 2017, 12:17 PM

... once it became so obvious that he did it on purpose and was extremely happy and proud of it.

If you can't arrest him and charge him with assault, at least deprive him of his scholarship and send him back home, where ever that is.

I hope Dabo lets FSU deal with that.***

Nov 12, 2017, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the reasons our team is so tight is because Dabo has

Nov 12, 2017, 11:33 AM

his guy's backs.

He will handle it the way he wants to handle - and we should all be good with that - in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Agree, Dabo should let Jimbo handle it ...

Nov 12, 2017, 11:35 AM [ in reply to I hope Dabo lets FSU deal with that.*** ]

... but given Jimbo's track record I would speculate that means nothing will happen.

I agree ... if FSU WILL deal with it. If not, then Clemson

Nov 12, 2017, 12:24 PM [ in reply to I hope Dabo lets FSU deal with that.*** ]

needs to press the issue.

Will be interesting to see how the whole thing shakes out.

Dear lord I hope you all are joking. David Dunham

Nov 12, 2017, 12:32 PM

Would still be in jail if all of you had it your way according to your thoughts in this thread. It’s a football game. 5 years ago no one would have thought twice about that hit before all the targeting bs came into play.

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Do you understand the difference between HEAD/NECK and...

Nov 12, 2017, 12:42 PM

...chest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2x9ldYz1v0

Totally irrelevant to the situation at hand.***

Nov 12, 2017, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Dear lord I hope you all are joking. David Dunham ]

Its a football game. It was a hard hit. He didn’t pull a gun or a knove

Nov 12, 2017, 1:10 PM

And didn’t go for his legs to break them or try to tear up his knees or anything. But if you honestly felt like he should be charged with assault then you clearly don’t understand the game of football well enough to discuss this.

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Wrong***

Nov 12, 2017, 3:54 PM

It was a dirty hit ... a total cheap shot with the intent to injure.

There's a reason why they eject you and suspend you for a half for using your helmet as a weapon.

You trying to compare the Carter situation to a normal clean hard hit tells me a lot about what you know about football.

Or life in general.

This is a microcosm of why Jimbo's team sucks.

Nov 12, 2017, 12:33 PM

The culture is horrible. I remember Winston dressing out and warming up like he was playing during his suspension. This is just coming back to bit him on his a$$. They don't respect him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

edit: BITE him on the a$$

Nov 12, 2017, 12:34 PM

nm

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic